KINGS 05-06 Pacific Division Champs

But I do think that their "core" is better than ours. Nash/Marion/Amare is versatile, and Amare is a beast who will only get better. I think we CAN match up with them, whether we will is a different question, as in will Brad stay healthy and will Peja show up and will we be able to shut them down in spurts or keep up with them running.

If this were a couple of years ago, u would of thought i was drunk, but i like the warriors a lot. not necessarily to win the division, but will give teams in our division fits. they are improved from last year adn shouldnt be overlooked. just look how much better they got after baron davis came over. they should be very good this year.

O

ONEZERO

Nasj did have a great postseason, but u gotta remember that the mavericks actually LET him score in order to defend the suns.... Nash just doesn't have the same game ending performances like bibby, IMHO/

Nash will have to score some more than he did last year, now. They also really need a back-up PG. Barbosa showed he is pretty good at times, but not so good in a PG-sense, and inconsistent in general.

early early days, but if im held at gunpoint i'm picking the suns.
i think it is almost like predicting the atlantic division before last year. obviously our division is of a much higher standard...but i think all teams can win it (though clippers highly unlikely) and all teams except the suns could come last. very close call.

AriesMar27 said:
thats a bullsh** stat.... he was playing pf.... hell he averaged more rebounds than webber too does that make him better than webber? the only thing that webber did better was in assists....
[font=&quot]Okay your right the stats lie. Not just last years stats but career stats. Over Marions career he has averaged 9.7 rebounds vs Peja's 4.9

Did I forget to mention he averaged 10.7 RPG in 2000-2001. Hmm I think he was mostly playing SF that year. Crazy enough that year Peja hit his career high of 5.7 RPG.

Now what is it as you so elegantly put it? Let me answer the Facts.

As far as Webb goes, Webber is a career average of 10.1 RPG over 11 years vs 9.7 over 6. Webber in his prime was over 10 rpg for 5 years straight along with an average of over 24 ppg and 4 assists per game. I don't think anyone here ever said or would say Marion was better then Webber in his prime.

I never said I liked it just pointing out a point to someone saying Peja is better then Marion which is clearly on stats alone not the case. I am not sure about you but I would sacrafice 5 PPG from Peja to have him get 5 extra rebounds.

[/font]

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

BigWaxer said:
[font=&quot]Okay your right the stats lie. Not just last years stats but career stats. Over Marions career he has averaged 9.7 rebounds vs Peja's 4.9

Did I forget to mention he averaged 10.7 RPG in 2000-2001. Hmm I think he was mostly playing SF that year. Crazy enough that year Peja hit his career high of 5.7 RPG.

Now what is it as you so elegantly put it? Let me answer the Facts.

As far as Webb goes, Webber is a career average of 10.1 RPG over 11 years vs 9.7 over 6. Webber in his prime was over 10 rpg for 5 years straight along with an average of over 24 ppg and 4 assists per game. I don't think anyone here ever said or would say Marion was better then Webber in his prime.

I never said I liked it just pointing out a point to someone saying Peja is better then Marion which is clearly on stats alone not the case. I am not sure about you but I would sacrafice 5 PPG from Peja to have him get 5 extra rebounds.

[/font]
thats true but if the roles were switched marion wouldnt be grabbing 10 rebounds in our system... he'd get more than peja but he would be scoring less as well....

BigWaxer said:
[font=&quot]

[/font]
Career:

Stojakovic
18.5 PPG FG: 46.5% 3PT: 39.8% FT: 89.1%
5.0 REB
2.0 AST
1.1 STL
0.2 BLK
34.0 MIN
1.6 TO

Marion
18.2 PPG FG: 46.3% 3PT: 35.0% FT: 83.8%
9.8 REB
2.1 AST
1.9 STL
1.3 BLK
37.4 MIN
1.7 TO

You left out the stat I liked the most, the defensive stats. Last year Marion averaged 2 steals and 1.5 blocks.
Peja is the more efficient scorer, but Marion isn't bad either.

BobbyJ_for3! said:
at this point it seems to be pretty even and absolutely too early to tell.
Yup, too early to tell. A lot of things can still happen. And it will also depend on how well the team chemistry is going to be for both teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mad D said:
Career:

Stojakovic
18.5 PPG FG: 46.5% 3PT: 39.8% FT: 89.1%
5.0 REB
2.0 AST
1.1 STL
0.2 BLK
34.0 MIN
1.6 TO

Marion
18.2 PPG FG: 46.3% 3PT: 35.0% FT: 83.8%
9.8 REB
2.1 AST
1.9 STL
1.3 BLK
37.4 MIN
1.7 TO

You left out the stat I liked the most, the defensive stats. Last year Marion averaged 2 steals and 1.5 blocks.
Peja is the more efficient scorer, but Marion isn't bad either.
I like those stats.

As far as Peja being the more efficient scorer, I have to wonder if Marion wouldn't improve in our system...

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
BigWaxer said:
I agree Nash is not better then Bibby. However they are both 1 dimensional players and pretty much bring the same style of game. One runs the other walks. Neither plays a lick of D

Not sure I agree with Peja being better then Marion, since Marion has a much more rounded game. The type of game that we need from our SF.

Marion last year... 19.4 PPG, 11.3 RPG, 83% FT %, 1.9 Asts
Peja Last year..... 20.1PPG, 4.3 RPG, 92% FT % 2.1 Asts

The stats alone tell us we need a SF more like Marion then Peja. Although it is Pejas contract year and I will give him that. Lets see what happens now.

I have almost lost all hope that Peja will become a real force in this league. He lacks what a lot of Euro's do and that is Killer instinct and heart.
Misconceptions. Marion is a good rebounder, no doubt, but the Suns were a horrible rebounding TEAM!! Cost them seriously in the playoffs

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
One more thing, isn't it a little early to declare that the Kings will win the division? I mean we don't even know which of the current players will even be here next season. That includes everyone.

Mad D said:
Peja is the more efficient scorer
IMHO, Marion is more efficient than Peja. He can take it to the hoop, hit the three, the midrange, and is great in transition. He can postup too. At any given night he can burn the other team with 30 - 40 pts. But i think Peja's three point and long range shooting is much better than Marion, but IMO that doesn't make him the more efficient scorer.

dukeswh said:
IMHO, Marion is more efficient than Peja. He can take it to the hoop, hit the three, the midrange, and is great in transition. He can postup too.
That's more like versatility.

Versatility:
Marion >> Stojakovic

Scoring efficiency(FGM/FGA, 3pt FGM/FGA, FTM/FTA):
Stojakovic > Marion

Last edited:
Do we really need another Pacifc Division banner? It's nice getting home court and all but I could care less if they won their division. I'm holding out on becoming conference champions instead.

A

AriesMar27

KingKong said:
Do we really need another Pacifc Division banner? It's nice getting home court and all but I could care less if they won their division. I'm holding out on becoming conference champions instead.
it definitely makes it easier to get out of the 1st round....

piksi said:
He can't shoot
Maybe not quite as well as Peja, but who can? Just because his shot LOOKS bad, it doesn't mean he can't shoot. He's actually a pretty decent shooter. Besides, he can create shots that Peja can't.

I dont know why people are still saying the Suns are going to win the division. The only reason the Suns were so good last year was b/c of all the 3 pointers they made. They made more 3 pointers than any other team in the nba, I mean hell other teams in the nba wanted to be like the Suns, and our Kings were one of them, thats why we traded for Mobley so that we could have more 3 point shooters. Unless something happens like they aquire more 3 point shooters or something I think that they are at best a 5th, 6th, or 7th seed out west without Joe Johnson and Q Richardson.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
jay dubb said:
I dont know why people are still saying the Suns are going to win the division. The only reason the Suns were so good last year was b/c of all the 3 pointers they made. They made more 3 pointers than any other team in the nba, I mean hell other teams in the nba wanted to be like the Suns, and our Kings were one of them, thats why we traded for Mobley so that we could have more 3 point shooters. Unless something happens like they aquire more 3 point shooters or something I think that they are at best a 5th, 6th, or 7th seed out west without Joe Johnson and Q Richardson.
It was more than just three pointers. That was only the cherry on top. And even on that front they still have a respectable core there with Nash, Jackson, possibly even Finley. They were already plannning to go more standard and legit by getting Kurt Thomas and shifting Amare and Matrix back down to their natural positions. So they are really only missing one position of three point shooting now, and if Jackson or Finley has anything left in the tank, may be able to compensate for a large chunk of that.

Bricklayer said:
It was more than just three pointers. That was only the cherry on top. And even on that front they still have a respectable core there with Nash, Jackson, possibly even Finley. They were already plannning to go more standard and legit by getting Kurt Thomas and shifting Amare and Matrix back down to their natural positions. So they are really only missing one position of three point shooting now, and if Jackson or Finley has anything left in the tank, may be able to compensate for a large chunk of that.
indeed. amare/thomas/nash/marion + a legit SG and the suns have a great starting 5. add a few more pieces to the bench and they're just as good, if not better, than last season. they may not be as run and gun w/o Q and joe johnson, but the addition of thomas adds a defensive/rebounding presence. if they could add some depth beyond jjax and padgett, then i see them as a serious contender again. but they do have a few moves remaining before they get back to the top again, imo.