Jimmer or Douglas

which combo do you like better

• Total voters

Entity

Hall of Famer
I was just thinking. I like the throw in's we got from the t-rob trade better than our top 10 pick and a player we coveted in Free Agency. I wanna see who agrees with me. who do you like better?

K

KingMilz

The one who can bring the ball past half court under pressure while dribbling and also the same one who can defend his own position really well, Douglas has a position as a defensive PG, Jimmer does not.

Your question is misleading.

Jimmer or Douglas, like the title says - Then i'd vote Jimmer; but it'd be close.

But with the poll options, i'd vote Douglas/Aldrich, because I like Aldrich a lot.

I want to keep Douglas and Aldrich, and I'm also fine with Jimmer. He can be a 11th/12th man, bench wormer, at least until he shows some improvements. Hayes is the one I would like to trade, just to get rid of his contract and make room for a shotblocking big.

I fell in love with Douglas after that first game against Golden State. Lockdown defender, not-ball dominant, fairly reliable spot-up shooter. Aldrich, too, I like. He's a shotblocker, a rebounder, and a finishing threat inside.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I voted for TD and CA, but to be fair who we keep hinges on who coaches and what offense they run. If we end up with a Princeton or triangle offense Hays could be much more valuable. In the Flex or even run and gun give me Cole Aldrich (just don't let him touch the ball except as a last resort)

I voted for TD and CA, but to be fair who we keep hinges on who coaches and what offense they run. If we end up with a Princeton or triangle offense Hays could be much more valuable. In the Flex or even run and gun give me Cole Aldrich (just don't let him touch the ball except as a last resort)
Cole Aldrich can have all the putback dunks he wants.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's a shame that Jimmer and Hayes are both still under contract while Douglas and Aldrich are both free agents.

I'm still of the opinion that Jimmer is going to be a good nba player as soon as this coming season... we'll see.
i suppose it depends on how you define "good nba player." if "good nba player" means a guy who effectively fills his role, then yeah, i could see jimmer becoming a "good nba player," though it's unlikely to happen as soon as this coming season. if he isn't traded in the offseason, i expect jimmer will get lost in the shuffle while new ownership sorts out this mess of a roster. his handle's nowhere near adequate enough to play pg. his size is nowhere near adequate enough to play sg. so he clearly shouldn't be starting at this stage of his career, which leaves him in a reserve role on a team still chock full of combo guards who like to chuck...

even if the kings theoretically trade marcus thornton and let toney douglas walk, there's still the potential for the kings to draft a guard in this draft. there's still the potential for tyreke to be shifted back to pg. they could sign someone. they could trade for someone. they could bring back douglas. who knows? it leaves jimmer in an extremely vulnerable position, as his minutes will always be jeopardized by players with more nba-ready athleticism, size, and skillsets...

i suppose it depends on how you define "good nba player." if "good nba player" means a guy who effectively fills his role, then yeah, i could see jimmer becoming a "good nba player," though it's unlikely to happen as soon as this coming season. if he isn't traded in the offseason, i expect jimmer will get lost in the shuffle while new ownership sorts out this mess of a roster. his handle's nowhere near adequate enough to play pg. his size is nowhere near adequate enough to play sg. so he clearly shouldn't be starting at this stage of his career, which leaves him in a reserve role on a team still chock full of combo guards who like to chuck...

even if the kings theoretically trade marcus thornton and let toney douglas walk, there's still the potential for the kings to draft a guard in this draft. there's still the potential for tyreke to be shifted back to pg. they could sign someone. they could trade for someone. they could bring back douglas. who knows? it leaves jimmer in an extremely vulnerable position, as his minutes will always be jeopardized by players with more nba-ready athleticism, size, and skillsets...
For sure... everything is definitely up in the air. His PER went from 10.8 to 14.6 last year... he's clearly a gym rat, another jump like that isn't out of the question imo.

Jimmer is still a very bad defender, but I want to revisit those Combine results. They are very unreliable with results like Monta Ellis looking very slow and the like, but the problem with having no trust in Jimmer's tests is that he tested too good. You can't move faster than you can, if you know what I mean. So maybe there's a chance for him to be at least a better on the ball defender, he just have to learn the technique. I would expect his option not being picked up for 14/15 season to give him maximum motivation and let swim or drown. And I don't expect to see him on the ball other than garbage time.
P.S. If someone is willing to give up this year's pick higher than #35, I'd say "goodbye".

what you guys thinking about the future of three no defense guard(Jimmer、MT and IT)??

stay or trade or something else? all 3 or 1 of them?

if someone has to stay(cuz trade all of them is difficult), which one you pick

MT was scoring efficiently and competing with PGs on D right after he was traded here, and Kings actually looked dangerous back then. I would take MT.

Remove Hayes/Aldrich from the list (as titled) and I bet Douglas still wins the poll by a large margin and appears to have landed a contract and role here with us based on his play and the addition of Coach Malone.