Hypothetical situation here...

Let's say the Kings end up WINNERS of the lottery this year and we get the #1 pick. LEt's say Atlanta gets #3 with Memphis getting #2. Atlanta has the Pacers pick as well...

Would you guys trade #1 (Durant or ODen) to drop down to #3 and receive the Hawks #11 pick as payment?

If so, why?

If not, would Adding Kenny Thomas for an ender(like Wright/Lue) be enough to drop two spots and get #11?

If still no from you, what would you want??

Next, Hypothetical, let's say Atlanta gets #2...would you do the same trade? #1 for #2 and #11?

Just wanted to hear what others had to say..I for one would. I like Oden and what not but this team has WAY too many issues at this point where 1 player will make all the difference.

i would do it for the number 2 and 11, only because oden and durant will probably both be phenomenal, and i'd be so blindly happy with either, i wouldnt' care. and, you could want oden, and take him as the first, but there would be teams out there who would take durant first, so you could still end up with oden even with the second. (or so the genius of ESPN's mock draft simulator would leave me to believe)

doing the same for the number 3 and 11 is muuuuuuchhh less appealing, only because i think that the player at number 3 is going to have that much less of an impact on their team.

the throwing in kenny thomas thing (or bad contracts in general) is kind of interesting overall. but, as a knee jerk reaction, doesnt seem like enough. if i think about it longer, i start to worry about a situation like kevin garnett. where we have a stud, but then a bunch of money tied up in garbage. we dont make it far enough. stud leaves first chance he gets. so maybe i would. i dunno.

although. this is all wildly speculative.

No, I don't give up Oden PERIOD. Oden has phenominal talent that doesn't come around very often. He's the player that's easy to build around. A dominant presence already defensively and will get there offensively, great work ethic, and great maturity.

I would swap 1 for 2+11 because I don't know if Durant or Oden is better, so the 11th pick is sort of like a freebie in that case... to me it is a coin toss between Durant and Oden and frankly Oden did not dominate the tournament like I thought he would after I heard all the hype.

I would not swap 1 or 2 for 3+11 (or even for 3+4) because I know Durant and Oden are the lottery prizes this year. It would be horrible karma to give up one of them. Just would not do it... not even to get rid of Kenny Thomas' contract.

What would it take to give up the 1 (or 2) pick? A multi-team deal that landed us Garnett, Bryant, Yao or James. Nothing less.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1 for TWO and 11 might be possible. Maybe. Just because of the phenomenal nature of Kevin Durant. 1 for THREE and 11 = no. 1 megastar is wortyh 2 of virtually anything else. If we got #3 and Brandon Wrihgt, I would be pretty excited and hopeful, but never under any circumstances would I give up one of the two guaranteed studs above him to get him.

No, I don't give up Oden PERIOD. Oden has phenominal talent that doesn't come around very often. He's the player that's easy to build around. A dominant presence already defensively and will get there offensively, great work ethic, and great maturity.
What he said!

If we get the chance at Oden, I would be holding onto that pick for dear life.

In ideal world I would also like to pair Oden and Kevin with Conley Jr at PG. That would be a very good foundation to build around IMHO.

What he said!

If we get the chance at Oden, I would be holding onto that pick for dear life.

In ideal world I would also like to pair Oden and Kevin with Conley Jr at PG. That would be a very good foundation to build around IMHO.

I think Darren Collison would look good with Martin/Oden as well.

All these hypotheticals and speculations are making me eager for the lottery to begin already.

I really want to be locked into a number before we start speculating about what we can do with it.

My ultimate though is for us to end up with three first round picks and get a 5, 4 and 1 -- if Oden is the 5 all the better.

absolutely under no circumstances should we trade to #3, not even if we get to get rid of Kenny Thomas and his contract. if we had Oden or Durant, would anyone care that we're paying KT $6-7 million a year?

Hell no. I wouldn't even trade down from Oden to Durant UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Even if a team was willing to eat Bibby, Miller, and Kenny's contracts, I would keep Oden.
what if we traded down, got Durant instead of Oden and ended up with someone like Dwight Howard, and got rid of some bad contracts?

and to top it off, someone eats KT as well

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hell no. I wouldn't even trade down from Oden to Durant UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Even if a team was willing to eat Bibby, Miller, and Kenny's contracts, I would keep Oden.
Wait. We'd get Durant AND someone would take Mike, Brad and Kenny's contracts.

Oh, I would so do that deal.

Wait. We'd get Durant AND someone would take Mike, Brad and Kenny's contracts.

Oh, I would so do that deal.
Yeah, both Oden and Durant could go #1, both are projected super stars. I was hoping Durant would be a PF, but I see he's a SF which is fine too I guess...we really aren't planning to build around Artest and you don't pass up a guy like Durant or Oden no matter who you have, maybe Dirk or Marion, or James, but that's about it. We really need a 4/5 so I'd really try to get Oden and if do get a #11 I'd go after a PF as well.

I would so love to have both the 7'+ guy Center with good mobility and a 6'10" PF with amazing athletism, but then again who wouldn't especially a fan of the Kings!!!! :p

For someone to take on Thomas's contract from us and also possibly Bibby's would be worth looking into. I'd move down a pick or so, but not much, we need this top #10 pick to get some meaningful big out of it, I don't care what guard is available, we need to go big this year...bigger then 6'7" that is!!! ;-)

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

#1 & kenny for #2 & #11... hell yes... if we could throw in douby for a couple of early 2nd rounders then trade artest for darko we'd be set....

durant w/#2
pg w/#11
thabeet and/or who ever falls w/ the two 2nd rounders
darko for artest...
and no kenny thomas!!!

damn that'd be freakin' sweet, but that wont happen....

maybe you guys have already said this but i thought that Phoenix gets Atlanta's lottery pick or have I heard wrong? I was just wondering with all this talk about trading with atlanta. I for one would definetely do it because I think Durant has McGrady like skills and it would be nice to get another pick around #11 to pick up either a decent big man or guard.

maybe you guys have already said this but i thought that Phoenix gets Atlanta's lottery pick or have I heard wrong? I was just wondering with all this talk about trading with atlanta. I for one would definetely do it because I think Durant has McGrady like skills and it would be nice to get another pick around #11 to pick up either a decent big man or guard.
I believe that Atlanta's lottery pick is top three protected.

I think I would trade #1 away for Al Horford or Julian Wright (#3) and Law or Brewer (#11) if they're still around. And only if we have a new, respectable coach.

I am afraid Musselman would completely destroy the game of someone less mature than an Oden or Durant.