how much impact will bjax have tonight?

how much impact will bjax have on tonights game.

• 100 % awsome!

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • not as much but will contribute very nicely.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • not much of a factor but some points

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • wont play but a few minutes if all.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
seriously though who actually thought after being out for 4 months and really almost a whole season when you combine time missed during last season...that Bobby could come back and have that kinda stat line that he did...I for one would have said "I seriously doubt it" and as you can see right now I was clearly wrong and quite frankly I am thrillled about it :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
KP said:
Oh Yeah 15 pts, 6 rebs, 5 assists and 2 steals in 16 min, 3/4 from 3, you're right... very little impact at all.
No, I made a prediction, probably the majority logical prediction. Don't appreciate being called out on it.

Bricklayer said:
No, I made a prediction, probably the majority logical prediction. Don't appreciate being called out on it.
Bobby Jackson. Don't count him out. After his first run you had a chance to change your mind, I had to. No hard feelings Brick, Up until I saw him play that first half quarter, I thought the same thing.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
piksi said:
I never get down on Bobby, even when there are several trades calling for Bobby's head, telling him he is a ball-hog, or any of a number of unkind things we say about our players.

You just gotta believe. I do. I always have. Sometimes a player really comes through for you and sometimes they have a bad night. But, given an option (poll), I will always be a homer and believe in the player.

piksi said:
It's funny, but really late last night for some reason I played NBA live 2005 against Seattle with the new guys and brought Bobby back for the first time in forever. He really tore it up for me, rebounding and scoring all over the place, I think I ended up with 32 points for him off the bench. When I turned the game off I was like maybe Bobby can come back and be the difference for us in the upcoming series... then I was like hmm probably shouldn't get my hopes up, it's been awhile since he played. Just a few minutes after he got in I was screaming at my TV. Pretty awesome night to be a Kings/Bobby Jackson fan.

piksi

Hall of Famer
6th said:
I never get down on Bobby, even when there are several trades calling for Bobby's head, telling him he is a ball-hog, or any of a number of unkind things we say about our players.

You just gotta believe. I do. I always have. Sometimes a player really comes through for you and sometimes they have a bad night. But, given an option (poll), I will always be a homer and believe in the player.

Yeah, but this one was really easy. You could see just how much he wants to be out there. And when You have such a crowd behind You - adrenalin takes over and You have no choice but to do great. Generally bad news for Sonics.

GoGoGadget said:
The big question, of course, is how much impact he'll have on Saturday when the adrenaline and excitement of coming back wears off a little bit.
You know, u are talking abt Bobby Jackson, right? Or probably, you haven't not seen him play before.

bibbyweb said:
You know, u are talking abt Bobby Jackson, right? Or probably, you haven't not seen him play before.
No. I have seen him play before.

My comment wasn't meant as a knock on Bobby Jackson (which, I realize, was probably more obvious to one of the people who saw me cheering like an idiot in my living room this evening), but its a legitimate question. Saturday's going to be a different atmosphere -- playoff game, not at Arco, no one resting starters, etc. -- and, as such, will probably be a better scenario to accuratley judge Bobby's performance.

Certainly not something that warranted quite such a defensive retort.

Bricklayer

Obviously if Bobby played every game the way he played this one they would just refer to him by the unfortunate moniker "BJ", he'd have been averaging 30 a game for his entire career, and people would be comparing him to Michael and wondering if Michael measured up.

All of which is to state the obvious -- he will NOT be this good everytime out, and quite likely not this good away from the home fans on Saturday. But if nothing else by coming back so strong he at least raises hope that he can be the normal Bobby we have come to know over the years (or knew once upon a time when he still played for us on a consistent basis) rather than a hobbled shell of himself.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: I expect Bobby to be in great shape. Several months off should have that freak abdominal thing all squared away, and his broken wrist shouldn't have caused him too many problems as far as stamina is concerned.

The only thing I'm worried about is his shot, and maybe his defense. Other than that, he should be enough of his old self to give us that shot of excitement off the bench that we've been lacking since he got hurt.

It's good to have him back, either way.

Bricklayer said:
But if nothing else by coming back so strong he at least raises hope that he can be the normal Bobby we have come to know over the years (or knew once upon a time when he still played for us on a consistent basis) rather than a hobbled shell of himself.
Brickie, it's true Bobby hasn't been playing on a consistent basis, but NEVER when he did play could he be considered a hobbled shell of anything. ;)
~~

Bricklayer

Alacron said:
Brickie, it's true Bobby hasn't been playing on a consistent basis, but NEVER when he did play could he be considered a hobbled shell of anything. ;)
~~
That's the point -- but many were concerend he would be now after so long off. But looks like he's going to be fine. Not THIS good, and obviously he's always been streaky. But his normal self rather than something useless to us.

Bricklayer said:
That's the point -- but many were concerend he would be now after so long off. But looks like he's going to be fine. Not THIS good, and obviously he's always been streaky. But his normal self rather than something useless to us.
I agree, and since we have three point guards now, hopefully Adelman can gauge which backup is feeling it and use him in the second half. Hey, an extra option can do nothing but benefit us.
~~

Bricklayer

As an aside, I thought it perhaps appropriate to close the poll on this thread after some 20 people weighed in on how Bobby was going to do AFTER the game was finished. :p