Grizzlies @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Finally 100 +
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On November 15th 2005 Kings beat Jazz at ARCO 119 - 83 which was one of not too may highlights early in the season when Kings struggled a whole lot.
Kings dominated the game. Every player on the roster played and scored. Bibby lead the Kings with 25/1/5, Pedja had 21/3/6/2, Bonzi contributed 15/11/7/3, Brad had 14/6/6 and SAR had 10/3/1bl. Bench wasn't really needed but there were still nice contributions by KT 10/5/2, Cisco had 3 blocks and even Hard couldn't srew it up this time. As for the Jazz - it is worth mentioning that Milt Palacio won TDM in a dominant manner 19/2/6/1/1 leading the Jazz in scoring of the bench.

"It's a good win because the frustration was setting in around town," said Wells, who showed off his rebounding prowess in a strong two-way game. "I could see it just driving around. People are looking at you like, 'What's going on with you guys?' ... It's early. We have to string together four or five victories in a row, and then we can talk about where we're at as a team."

Sacramento scored 43 points in the third quarter, making 17 of 18 free throws, and cruised to its second easy win of the season. Bibby, Stojakovic and Brad Miller combined for 17 assists and only three turnovers before sitting out the fourth along with fellow starters Wells and Shareef Abdur-Rahim, who had 10 points.

"We caught a team that was really short-handed, but we did what we had to do," Adelman said
. "I just told them in (the locker room), 'This means nothing if you don't play well over the weekend.' ... That's the way the world is. There's always overreaction. You have to keep it on an even keel."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings currently riding a 3 game winning streak are waiting on Grizzlies to extend the streak to 4. Kings also doing a good job to keep a contact to the best teams early in the season. Most importantly we are ahead of the Lakers and it is never too early in the season to be ahead of the Lakres. A set of back to back is coming up and there is a good opportunity to sweep it and then be well prepared to face the Spurs at ARCO
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is well known that stats are interesting kind of lies and always have to be put in perspective. Only current stat tha isn't deceiving is our record which is 4-2. Every game is important and every win requires hard work. Win is a win. All the other stats can mislead if You take them too seriously. Looking at them - we are in the top of the league in defense and rebounding and close to the bottom in most of offensive stats. Our opponents have a combined record of 12-20 at the moment. Once we get to play the big guns - we will find out more about which of these numbers are accurate and which were an optical illusion. Spurs are coming up soon enough.
And we finally scored 100 pts. It took 6 games to get there. It isn't really that big of a deal. It doesn't neccessarly mean that 100 pts will come hard in the future. We have enough offensive power to score 100 pts on regular basis. All we need to do is spead up the game and take more shots. Scoring isn't everything. Top 3 scoring teams in the league are Wizards, Suns and Nuggets. Juts look where they are in the standings.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
After couple "extraordinary" games - Kenny Thomas seams to be back to his usual consistant inconsistancy. Played another game where he didn't mater whatsoever but also played another game wher he wasn't needed. It is nothing new. It is one of the reasons why he is still a King in addition to his "size", contract, attitude and overall skills. If You play 30 minutes and You have more personal fouls than points and You aren't doing much else other than being abused by Your opponent - You have got to be a starting PF for the Sacramento Kings these days.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Our assist/turnover ration is below 1 which is one of the worst in the league. Let's blame a part of it on a new coach /players /dynamic /situation/ injuries /whatever. The other part can be blamed on fact that we don't have a secondary ball handler that is any good and that can take care of the ball while Biiby is on his 2 minutes nail clipper break and also we have some playerd that should never be put in position to make their own decisions. So I was thinking of ways to punish our players in case of excessive turnover syndrome in order to make them take better care of the ball
0 - turnovers - gets to enjoy watching his teamates suffering trough the punishments
1 turnover - gets to pick up balls during Shaq's FT practice
2 - turnovers - has to try to find a significance in any interview given by Pedja
3- turnovers - has to write an essay about different levels of performances in games which is also known as Starbury effect.
4- turnovers - has to wear clothes designed by Ron Artest in public
5 - turnovers - has to wear a Laker jersey to a Kings fandamonium
6 turnovers - has to sit trough a whole lecture about History of Western Civilisation by professoer Walton
7 - turnovers - has to listen to Ron Artest CD for 24 hrs
8 - turnovers - has to listen to KFed CD for 24 hrs
9 - turnovers - has to buy both CD's and every other CD' in the future from both "artist", has to go to their concerts and has to find KFed a real job
10 - has to go to a strip club with S Jackson
10+ - turnovers - has to feed Sprewell's family.

Looks like the Memphis game will be on the BSPN and that means yet another
WALTON ALERT !
I think that we will probably get Brown and the other moron whatever his name might be but there is still a chance of Walton and JB. Also want to say that JB has been doing great job in making it clear to everyone that Bill Walton is an idiot. And yet - it is still annoying to listen to it. As for the morons in the studio - I can't really say how bad they are these days since I have been doing a good job in avoiding any "contact" with their brilliant insights.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So we beat the Raptors at ARCO again. It was much easier than last time if the memory serves me right. (Jalen Rose missed the 3 for a win at the buzzer or so). We played well but had no real resistance. It was a good win mostly because it would have been a terrible loss otherwise. Other than that noone got hurt and both teams played hard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME
TDM was not really deserved by anyone but I have to give it to Bargnani just because 8pts are his career high
LW-VC award goes to Rasho who played only 11 minutes but "sucked" very impresively during that time. Since he was also a TDM winner from the past - he is a good example how to go from fame to shame. Keep it up Rasho.
Grizzlies are next and they have injury problems themselves. I expect an ugly game but a pretty Kings win at the end. Memphis is on a 4 games losing streak and as we know any streak ends and that is fine as long as it doesn't end on Wednesday night. If we use logical approach we should win this because we have beaten them at ARCO all the time. Also they lost to Lakers and Lakers suck so we should be fine. Their forward line could easily cause us problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - hopefully feeling better and cutting on his turnovers
Ron - had a good offensive game but doesn't need to know that so he won't turn into Iverson again
Brad - get well soon
Kevin - just keep it low profile. Noone needs to know
SAR - for every rebound in the last game he had a turnover. That has got to stop and I didn't mean rebounding
KT - here we go again
Cisco - finally signs of life
Salmons - interesting - consistancy wanted
Corliss - I hope You didn't think by any chance...
rest - mateen
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Muss - nice going so far and also literarly. I don't think that there will be nice driving for a while
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So Grizzlies have a front line that might potentially have a field trip. Many questions to answer here. Can M. Miller have his second career triple double. Will Chucky Atkins turn into Gilbert Arenas ? How bad will Warrick hurt us ? What are career highs for Rudy Gay ? Don't even get me started wit Jake Tsakalidis. My point here - who ever wins TDM can make it really ugly. Kings still win.
Lakers have 4 days off:mad:.

Always intreresting insight. I will be in attendance for this game, first of the season so i am stoked. I won't jinx myself by predicting anything...i have yet to see a game live that the kings have lost so i'll just be cautiously optimistic.

Always intreresting insight. I will be in attendance for this game, first of the season so i am stoked. I won't jinx myself by predicting anything...i have yet to see a game live that the kings have lost so i'll just be cautiously optimistic.

now that´s JINX!! :eek:

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If I remember correctly, the Kings have never lost with GoGoGadget in attendance, either. I think we should be arranging for all those "lucky charm" fans to be at Arco as much as possible.

;)

If I remember correctly, the Kings have never lost with GoGoGadget in attendance, either. I think we should be arranging for all those "lucky charm" fans to be at Arco as much as possible.

;)
If we all pitch in we can buy GGG season tickets. Then we won't lose a home game. ;)

Looks like Walton will be doing the game tonight since he was at Webbs resteruant being Walton. Mentioned how Sacramento is the greatest only about 20 times or more.... Walton isnt too bad when being interviewed. If you roll with it, He can be entertaining.

Brad, Bibby, Muss, were there. Muss did an interview. Said the usual.

Brad was wasted by 11pm evidently. CD tried to get him on but I they thought better after hearing that Brad had 10 shots of Tequila.

Looks like Walton will be doing the game tonight since he was at Webbs resteruant being Walton. Mentioned how Sacramento is the greatest only about 20 times or more.... Walton isnt too bad when being interviewed. If you roll with it, He can be entertaining.

Brad was wasted by 11pm evidently. CD tried to get him on but I they thought better after hearing that Brad had 10 shots of Tequila.

Hopefully Brad and Eric never think about doing Nascar after basketball...

Good job piksi as always. Are we not giving Ron his pills this year?
I'm happy I get to see 2 games this week :D They're also showing an old game v. the the Pups from 2003 on classic today at 5.
GO KINGS!

LOL at brad!

I knew Bibby and Brad were gonna be there since they are really close friends of Cwebb. I thought Kev would be there, too. Maybe others also showed up but just wasn't mentioned. that should've been fun! If I live in Sac, I'd definitely go eat there sometime.

Anyhow.. any word on Bibby or Salmons' status for tonight's game?

Jon Barry went last night, too. He will be on the bspn broadcast tonight. He was on the air with Grant and Mike yesterday. Grant said something about Walton being "in a "class by himself." JB said Walton is "in a world by himself." :D

Altho I must say, check it out JB. He's decided maybe Kevin isn't a "fluke."

He is not overly impressed with the Kings, tho. Thinks they are too thin on the bench. He also wondered what the heck was the matter with Sacramento voters. ;)

EDIT: Grant also told JB that pretty soon he'd be able to listen to KHTK in Atlanta over the internet. So sounds like KHTK will have streaming audio soon. That should be nice for out of town Kings fans. (Might as well throw this in: JB said Voison finally got rid of Adelman. ;))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.