Grizzlies @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice how Ron is practically expressionless on the court? Even after Brad dropped the second three, his face was COMPLETELY blank (from what I saw) Not saying it's a bad thing, just kind of... Awkward...

SacKings384 said:
Anyone notice how Ron is practically expressionless on the court? Even after Brad dropped the second three, his face was COMPLETELY blank (from what I saw) Not saying it's a bad thing, just kind of... Awkward...
That's been commented on in an article I believe, and on tv by either Grant, Koz, or Jerry. He's just focused on the court. His emotions don't go too much up or down. It's been said he turns a switch on and is a different person on the court. He's not the nice, funny guy everyone knows in his personal life.

:sigh: Anyone notice that every game win or lose, some player on our team needs to be traded? It's seriously the most amazing thing on the planet. Tonight it's Bonzi, maybe next game it will be Thomas. Then Corliss, then Brad, then Bibby. It's simply amazing...

piksi

Hall of Famer
SacKings384 said:
:sigh: Anyone notice that every game win or lose, some player on our team needs to be traded? It's seriously the most amazing thing on the planet. Tonight it's Bonzi, maybe next game it will be Thomas. Then Corliss, then Brad, then Bibby. It's simply amazing...
and pathetic at the same time

As expected, tremendous game! And Sac got the win~ ;)

Brad/Ron/Kevin/KT - good stuff, especially Brad. SAR, while the stat sheet doesn't show, came up with at least 3 or 4 hustle plays to get us extra possessions/scores.

Man, Bobby went totally OFF. I was loving it even though he was torching us, I'm just glad it wasn't in the final minutes/seconds :). His ovation gave me chills. Great night for B-Jax

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacKings384 said:
:confused:

Who said someone needed to be traded?

SacKings384 said:
Glad some people aren't the GM for the Kings.:p Me..I'd just like to get everyone healthy, get them some playing time and find out what we have. I do understand the Bonzi problem, tho. Just can't afford to let him walk this summer for nothing in return.

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:

You are busy doing pbp so if You go back and reread this thread - You will find the answer to Your question.
It happenes every game and it has goten to a point of being truly pathetic

The excitement seems to never cease as a Kingsfans does it. Wow, just wow. Was listening to the web broadcast of the game, and was doing my homework, and started to write "omg what the heck, wow! Go Brad!" in the middle of my essay.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bad Boy Bo said:
The excitement seems to never cease as a Kingsfans does it. Wow, just wow. Was listening to the web broadcast of the game, and was doing my homework, and started to write "omg what the heck, wow! Go Brad!" in the middle of my essay.
You teacher will understand

VF21 said:

Some people were inferring that because K-Mart has shown he can be a productive starter and after this great game he had that Bonzi was expendable because the Kings no longer had a use for him since Cisco can pretty much be the Kings backup.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Unfortunately we are just about ouot of time on the Bonzi thing, and he is not healthy.

What we know is this:

1) there are not enough minutes for Artest (38) Bonzi (34) and Cisco AND Martin all together.

2) Bonzi has no interest in coming off the bench or having his role/shots reduced, and became a major cancer in the past when that happened

3) Cisco is versatile, but not prolific. Also brings aggression and energy. The game of an effective bencher perhaps.

4) Martin is pretty much a pure OG. Much too slight for consistent work at SF, and not the ballhandling or mentality of a PG at all. This makes him a more natural fit as a starter than a bencher (where versatility is key).

5) Bonzi is a FA, and has a good sized contract that he will probably want to keep at least at its current level. Cisco and Martin are cheap.

6) Whatever else happens we simply cannot affor to have Bonzi just walk in the offseason.

7) We still have multiple holes to fill on this team -- a shotblocking big, reboounders, a backup PG, maybe an extra shooter. And we appear to have a surplus of assets at two positions -- OG and PF.

Bonzi and Artest together IS droolworthy. I know that on other boards for other teams that was precisely what the fans of the other teams were worried about when they saw us get Artest. The toughest/meanest/strongest OG/SF combo in the league, and perhaps new tonesetters for the whole franchise. But things seem to be trending against it now. And we only have a few weeks now to the trading deadline, and with Bonzi hurt, basically no time to see it all in action before having to make a call.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacKings384 said:
Some people were inferring that because K-Mart has shown he can be a productive starter and after this great game he had that Bonzi was expendable because the Kings no longer had a use for him since Cisco can pretty much be the Kings backup.
Ah, okay. Thanks, all, for the clarification.

The Bonzi situation is dicey. He's in the same place Cuttino was last year. If we do not either trade him or get him resigned before Feb. 23, he could simply walk at the end of the year.

I do not think Petrie will let that happen again.

Bonzi is drawing a fair amount of money. If Petrie has faith in the Young Guns, then he seriously has to consider Bonzi's market value, potential worth to the Kings here as opposed to his worrth in a trade to possibly shore up the 4, etc.

So, I can understand the rationale. I do not, however, necessarily agree with any of it.

;)

Truly a conundrum. I really like Martin's game but I sure like seeing Bonzi out there, too. In a perfect world, we'd be able to floor 6 players at a time.

:D

Edit: Maybe I should have just said "Ditto to what Bricklayer said."

I disagree on the Bonzi/Artest thing, it's just been because Bonzi's hurt. Obviously if they trade Bonzi, we'll get something nice in return in part to make up for the loss of that pairing.

Bricklayer said:
Unfortunately we are just about ouot of time on the Bonzi thing, and he is not healthy.

What we know is this:

1) there are not enough minutes for Artest (38) Bonzi (34) and Cisco AND Martin all together.

2) Bonzi has no interest in coming off the bench or having his role/shots reduced, and became a major cancer in the past when that happened

3) Cisco is versatile, but not prolific. Also brings aggression and energy. The game of an effective bencher perhaps.

4) Martin is pretty much a pure OG. Much too slight for consistent work at SF, and not the ballhandling or mentality of a PG at all. This makes him a more natural fit as a starter than a bencher (where versatility is key).

5) Bonzi is a FA, and has a good sized contract that he will probably want to keep at least at its current level. Cisco and Martin are cheap.

6) Whatever else happens we simply cannot affor to have Bonzi just walk in the offseason.

7) We still have multiple holes to fill on this team -- a shotblocking big, reboounders, a backup PG, maybe an extra shooter. And we appear to have a surplus of assets at two positions -- OG and PF.

Bonzi and Artest together IS droolworthy. I know that on other boards for other teams that was precisely what the fans of the other teams were worried about when they saw us get Artest. The toughest/meanest/strongest OG/SF combo in the league, and perhaps new tonesetters for the whole franchise. But things seem to be trending against it now. And we only have a few weeks now to the trading deadline, and with Bonzi hurt, basically no time to see it all in action before having to make a call.
I like the observation. And I tend to agree that if the Kings can get something for it then by all means. We won't be able to afford him at the end of the season, and maybe a team will take him simply for an expiring contract. I agree completely. What I DON'T agree with is, (nobody said this but this is the general meaning I got from some peoples posts) "Hey Kevin had a nice game, guess that means Bonzi gets the boot" Kind of sucks... I very much like the team when either K-Mart or Cisco is on the floor. They give a type of athleticism and speed that nobody else on the Kings can give them. And Bonzi coming back will put a little bit of a snag in that. But with Bonzi hurt a team trading for him for his skills is going to be difficult. But like I said, perhaps a team will want him for an expiring contract.

I think Bonzi has to be resigned, IMO. Therefor, I see Thomas getting traded...even Reef, for that matter...Bonzi just fits this new attitude of our team to the tee, and in my mind isnt expendable. Martin is sweet, same with Garcia...but if you gave me the choice between either of the 3, I'd still choose Bonzi, on size and strengh's sake alone. (nothing against Martin or Cisco)

Status
Not open for further replies.