[Grades] Grades v. Celtics 2/7/2014

Who flat out should have been better in this game? (and there is no all of them option :p)

• Williams

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Thompson

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Cousins

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Outlaw

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Thomas

• McLemore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fredette

• Landry

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Is it too late for an Olympic ladies theme?
Too late and too much research I haven't done for tonight.

But do not fear, if we keep playing with this type of energy there should be plenty of more opportunities the next few weeks. :)

Last edited:
It's also somewhat trying putting up with Bens current game and hoping for his future at times. I think most are better at it than I am. He is getting better at some facets but has not yet looked like the steal of the draft we thought we had to this point. Hopefully being at all star weekend gives him some confidence and a different perspective

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Offload Ben Mac, JT and IT

Receive Rondo

get a decent draft pick (rim protector)

trade MT for Andre Miller

ready for the playoffs...

2015 off-season offload useless players with big contract

sign a solid SG free agent such as Klay Thompson

2016- Win NBA Championship

Even the leagues top scorers and stars don't shoot the ball as much as this guy. Oh yea and should i mention that he is a POINT GUARD! When you see something like that, hard to say the IT criticism is in the wrong.........
IT is 18th in the NBA in scoring. He averages less shots than everybody above him except for 1 person (15.2 to 15.0), including every PG. His shooting percentage is also higher than every scoring PG above him except the number 1 guy, Steph Curry (IT is the 7th best shooting PG in the league). Not only is your statement inaccurate, it is actually the opposite of the truth.

IT is 18th in the NBA in scoring. He averages less shots than everybody above him except for 1 person (15.2 to 15.0), including every PG. His shooting percentage is also higher than every scoring PG above him except the number 1 guy, Steph Curry (IT is the 7th best shooting PG in the league). Not only is your statement inaccurate, it is actually the opposite of the truth.
Lies, damn lies, statistics...
What are IT's scoring efficiency, when he's actually the focus of defense for the other team?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Here's the problem here.

Okay, right now IT is 20th in the NBA in FGA/48 (at least amongst major scorers) at 21.6. That is the same number LeBron takes, more than Lillard or Harden (but of course Harden gets to the line) but at least he's not gunning like Kyrie.

Now the problem is, that's season long. And the REAL problem is that Isaiah has been sliding toward more one diminesional I'm just a scorer play month by month.

here was IT's per 48 numbers in November, when he came off the bench as a gunning 6th man:
NOV 21.2FGA 3.9reb 7.6ast 1.6stl

now his 3 months as a starter:
DEC 21.1FGA 4.1reb 10.3ast 2.5stl
JAN 22.3FGA 3.7reb 8.7ast 1.5stl
FEB 23.0FGA 3.3reb 6.2ast 1.3stl

From that high in December, while he was still gunning but seemed to be making an attempt to pass, he's slowly been degrading in every way except he's gunning up more and more shots. 22.3FGA/48 moves him into 16th in the entire league. 23.0FGA/48 moves him into 12th. Meanwhile his 10.3ast/48th would have been good enough for 9th in the league. But 8.7 is only 20th, sandwiched between Jamaal Crawford and Kyrie Irving, and 6.2 ties him for 40th in the NBA with his mentor, Nate Robinson. Its all trending the wrong way.

He's taken 20 or more shots in 6 of the last 9 games. And the rub of it is this:
IT in wins: 13.6 FGA, 7.2ast
IT in losses: 16.1FGA, 5.6ast

We are 0-8 this year in games where IT guns up 20 or more shots. We are 0-11 this year in games he guns up 18 or more shots. We're 17-22 in games where IT shoots 17 times or less.

The selfish little gunner act isn't helping his team. It may be helping IT, or his ego, or he may think its helping his contract push, I don't know. But its not helping us as a team. What helps us as a team is when he recognizes his role, steps back, sets up teammates and functions as a sidekick, not the guy leading the team in FGA. If his ego clouds his judgemnet on that matter, then the coaches have to get it through to him.

T

Toasty

Like him or not when IT comes out we suck. NOT being a hater but the sooner jimmer gets out of here the better. Hell the lakers have 4 point guards who are better on one leg.
This marriage is finally over. Sorry, I hate to see our starting line-up work hard only for mainly jimmer and others wipe it away in moments...literally.

Like him or not when IT comes out we suck. NOT being a hater but the sooner jimmer gets out of here the better. Hell the lakers have 4 point guards who are better on one leg.
This marriage is finally over. Sorry, I hate to see our starting line-up work hard only for mainly jimmer and others wipe it away in moments...literally.
Wait wut? Then how come for the last 10 games at least when IT went out we didn't suck? This was a really dumb post. Once of the dumbest I've read.

Ermm. Jimmer certainly wasn't good last night, but laying the blame at his feet for the lackluster defense and motionless offense of the second unit may be blaming the victim. That bench lineup was a mistake by Malone in the first stint and he went back to it in the second stint.

T

Toasty

Let's not call people names. This isn't BYU it is the NBA. Jimmer is the PG and if he would have come out with aggression we would have done better. Jimmer watching is the ultimate disaster for our second unit.

Here's the problem here.

Okay, right now IT is 20th in the NBA in FGA/48 (at least amongst major scorers) at 21.6. That is the same number LeBron takes, more than Lillard or Harden (but of course Harden gets to the line) but at least he's not gunning like Kyrie.

Now the problem is, that's season long. And the REAL problem is that Isaiah has been sliding toward more one diminesional I'm just a scorer play month by month.

here was IT's per 48 numbers in November, when he came off the bench as a gunning 6th man:

From that high in December, while he was still gunning but seemed to be making an attempt to pass, he's slowly been degrading in every way except he's gunning up more and more shots. 22.3FGA/48 moves him into 16th in the entire league. 23.0FGA/48 moves him into 12th. Meanwhile his 10.3ast/48th would have been good enough for 9th in the league. But 8.7 is only 20th, sandwiched between Jamaal Crawford and Kyrie Irving, and 6.2 ties him for 40th in the NBA with his mentor, Nate Robinson. Its all trending the wrong way.

He's taken 20 or more shots in 6 of the last 9 games. And the rub of it is this:

We are 0-8 this year in games where IT guns up 20 or more shots. We are 0-11 this year in games he guns up 18 or more shots. We're 17-22 in games where IT shoots 17 times or less.

The selfish little gunner act isn't helping his team. It may be helping IT, or his ego, or he may think its helping his contract push, I don't know. But its not helping us as a team. What helps us as a team is when he recognizes his role, steps back, sets up teammates and functions as a sidekick, not the guy leading the team in FGA. If his ego clouds his judgemnet on that matter, then the coaches have to get it through to him.
This is why we cannot have IT starting. I don't know how the pro IT people here can counter these stats with a solid argument. IT is essentially the definition of empty stats. Yeah he gets you 24 points, but it took 23 shots and another loss to get there. We need a starting PG, a real PG. Nice job with the post by the way.

What in the name of all that is good in the world were we thinking signing Landry? Is he on a minutes restriction or is he just this unplayable? I'm trying to say he's working himself into shape, but he kinda looks worthless,,which of course is what I thought the day he signed. And the day we got him the first time. I don't get the fascination people have with him. He's always been at best average.

About Ben, heard an interesting take from I think Henry Turner after hearing Ben talk about the dunk contest. Ben is raw. Super raw. On the court, off the court. Maybe more off the court. Turner said if Ben listens to his interview 3 years from now he'll be shocked at how he sounds now.

I expected serious struggles after summer league, and it's arguably been worse that that with Ben. To that I say, so? That's the modern nba. He slipped to 7th cause everyone knew he wasn't ready except our owners. Or our owners and FO have the long term view. As we all should. Draft a kid, expect a kid. That's what he is. Naive, lost, overwhelmed. But when MT is out, he NEEDS TO START. I don't get the point of this season if he doesn't. I

We are going to see some of this can't miss best draft ever guys struggle as well. Some of them are doing it right now in college to the point I've seen rumors (espn posted both) that Parker and embiid are considering staying another year.

BTW, I wish I could show up at my job and half ass it and still be the best player on the court like Cuz last night. He acted like a true Millenial. The double snub from the all star game hangover may last awhile. Millenials need to hear how awesome they are constantly. He got told he's still not good enough despite doing damn near all he can. That's gonna be a challenge for him to keep the effort going now that he's gone all out and "failed".

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There are games when IT plays the way we so called critics would like him to play. And then there are games when he doesn't. Last night was one of those games. Of late, we've been getting more of the latter than the former.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Here's the problem here.

The dumbness continues. Keep it up; you'll set a record. The Olympics are playing. It's in Russia. Need a ticket? Talk to the guys who put it on; they'll send you one; dumbness rewards dumbness.

Those stats have no context to them whatsoever. Why can't you at least separate the statistics according to when Cousins and/or Gay is out the game? Why can't you at least look at stats in which IT isn't playing 38+ minutes a game? Why can't you at least connect the simple dots: Nobody except Cousins or Gay or IT can score on this team. If Cousins or Gay or both go out, of course IT is going to have to shoot more. Triple dugh. You want to give more shots to Thompson? McLemore? Acy? Outlaw? Gray? Jimmer? Who you gonna call ghostbuster? There is no other guy who can create a shot for himself or others on this team. None. The bench is a freaking disaster zone; it should be cordoned off with yellow tape. Jimmer is a walking TO, who Malone has no faith in whatsoever. But somehow you think that IT can make a fantastic soufflé out of this mush. That's just brilliant.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not here to defend Jimmer. He was not good last night, but he only played 8 minutes in the entire game, and quite a few came when the game was already out of reach. Whether you like Jimmer or not, he was hardly responsible for what happened last night. He didn't take 21 shots, he only took 2, and made one of them.

The dumbness continues. Keep it up; you'll set a record. The Olympics are playing. It's in Russia. Need a ticket? Talk to the guys who put it on; they'll send you one; dumbness rewards dumbness.

Those stats have no context to them whatsoever. Why can't you at least separate the statistics according to when Cousins and/or Gay is out the game? Why can't you at least look at stats in which IT isn't playing 38+ minutes a game? Why can't you at least connect the simple dots: Nobody except Cousins or Gay or IT can score on this team. If Cousins or Gay or both go out, of course IT is going to have to shoot more. Triple dugh. You want to give more shots to Thompson? McLemore? Acy? Outlaw? Gray? Jimmer? Who you gonna call ghostbuster? There is no other guy who can create a shot for himself or others on this team. None. The bench is a freaking disaster zone; it should be cordoned off with yellow tape. Jimmer is a walking TO, who Malone has no faith in whatsoever. But somehow you think that IT can make a fantastic soufflé out of this mush. That's just brilliant.
You should look in a mirror. And you're about to get obliterated by many people.

This is about the starting PG. Not his teammates. But you'd have to be capable of rational thinking to understand that. That is asking too much I see.

Your statement that no one else can score is completely false in every way. It'd be more accurate to say no one else is given the chance to score. And that's on our terrible PG. Truly, my least favorite King ever right now. Seriously. I just can't take it anymore. He's so selfish, awful, full of himself to the point he hurts the team. Oh, I'm so good I don't have to pass. I'm so amazing I don't have to play defense. Sure, and we don't have to sign this crap either. We already blew 30 million on landry. Let's not make another long term mistake.

There are games when IT plays the way we so called critics would like him to play. And then there are games when he doesn't. Last night was one of those games. Of late, we've been getting more of the latter than the former.
He doesn't seem to understand, acknowledge, or maybe even care,...that the more 'questionable' shots that he takes, the more out of rhythm and flow everyone else gets. So even if he does get hot while taking a ton of shots, there are "repercussions" that are also right around the corner for the team

It is a starting point guards responsibility to recognize this aspect and actively care about it

T

Toasty

Jimmer only played 7 minutes because of his poor play, so in my eyes that argue meant doesn't work.

I see what you are doing here....pretty clever. You are posting anti-Jimmer rants that are so ridiculous, over the top and asinine that you are making even his harshest critics defend him against your absurd claims. Your reverse psychology is working well. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me.;) Well done good sir, well done indeed.