[Grades] Grades v. Celtics 2/7/2014

Who flat out should have been better in this game? (and there is no all of them option :p)

• Williams

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Thompson

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Cousins

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Outlaw

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Thomas

• McLemore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fredette

• Landry

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Well that sucked. Sucked so bad I have half a mind to make it a Girls night.

Here's the deal. We had no Rudy, no MT, but we shouldn't have looked this bad. Cuz showed up to the tune of 31pts 16reb. Ho hum. But even he did not seem to have normal energy, and in a critical development his counterpart perfectly matched those numbers: Sullinger had 31 and 16 too. Meanwhile Isaiah chucked per usual and got another 23 shots up. I'm beginning to hope he develops some carpal tunnel so he'll start to pass. And yet the chucking was almost understandable, because nobody else on the entire team showed up. DWill gave us some much needed help on the glass. That's about it. Our three non-Cuz starters shot 6-27, and didn't do any better on the other end. Our bench shot a combined 5-18, and they weren't nearly as good as those numbers indicate. in fact they were borderline unplayable. As soon as they came in, the Celtics blew off big runs both times and put us in a hole, and the starters weren't playing nearly good enough to overcome that sort of lack of support. Yay and all that. But we here at the Consortium are gluttons for punishment, so we'll put the grades up as we always do. I'm excited, aren't you?

Your Consoritum Graders tonight:
Bricklayer
Uncia03
Bajaden
MassachusettsKingsFan

Boxscore

Stats: 42min 11pts (2-11, 0-3, 7-7) 12reb 3ast 1stl 1blk 0TO
Williams ( C ) -- This was certainly not the best Derrick Williams we’ve seen, but he had a few good moments. His rebounding was easily his best, most consistent contribution on the night. He really had that part of his game going right from the beginning. Before I looked at the box score and realized he had 12 rebounds it felt like he was hitting the glass hard. Was he trying to make up for that botched dunk a few nights ago with extra hustle? I don’t know, but it looked like he was making a conscientious effort to rebound the basketball tonight. I also thought he moved pretty well without the ball, and that was really where the majority of his offense came from. He wasn’t shooting the ball well at all, but because of his movement offensively he was getting to the line and hitting his free throws. Back to the shooting for a moment… man, was it bad. He was throwing up the definition of ‘bricks’. Most of his jumpers weren’t even close, and he kept taking them. He’s going to need to do some serious work on his jumper this offseason. I also thought his defense was pretty poor for most of the night. Malone frequently switched between Outlaw and Williams on either Green or Wallace, as all of those pieces are really interchangeable. I thought the defense on Green was really bad for most of the night, and Williams was a part of that. It didn’t matter if it was Outlaw or Williams; Green was getting open shots all night. And Green didn’t even shoot the ball well. If he had, this game might have been over earlier. So I liked the effort from Williams on the glass, I liked the movement offensively, but without Rudy Gay the King just needed more out of him. --Mass

Radha Mitchell

Stats: 36min 6pts (2-9, 0-0, 2-2) 6reb 1ast 0stl 1blk 1TO
Thompson ( D+ ) -- disappointing game for JT. Of course he is basketball's version of a box of chocolates at times, but he still came out here and had an apparent advantage. By all rights he and Cuz should have just played volleyball off the glass over the undersized Celts frontline, but it never materialized. Just could not hit anything on offese, missed a nice looking early inside move, blew a dunk inside on a nice setup by IT, saw Bass blow by him for a dunk the other way. Grabbed a couple of rebounds, but his impact was negligible if not actually negative. He made a few plays here and there. He made a nice hi lo pass to Cuz for a dunk...but then went down the other way and had Olynyk drop a three on him. Had a strong sequence blocking a shot on one end then running out and cleaning up the mess when Cuz's layup got blocked. JT grabbed the o-reb and finished in one of the last plays where we were still close. But overall, most of his boards were offensive boards following Cousins missed where all the Celts attention was elsewhere. He didn't use his size on the defensive glass, didn't shoot well, and while he probably won the matchup with Bass, Olynyk was better off the bench, particularly before half. But we just couldn't afford to take JT off the floor because the bench was so awful. So even though he wasn't giving us much of a game, he played and played and played and there's really no explantion for why he didn't put up better numbers other than he just didn't bring it tonight.--Brick

Yu Da Xiao Jie

Stats: 40min 31pts (11-19, 0-0, 9-11) 16reb 3ast 0stl 1blk 4TO
Cousins ( B ) -- Well, it was a horribly ugly game and the only King who could even think about holding his head up after the game would be Cousins. And even then, despite the 31 points and 16 rebounds, even he would probably tell you that it wasn’t that good of a game. It’s sort of comical that he puts up those numbers on great shooting and he misses an A grade, but as good as those numbers look, there was a good bit of ugly to go along with it. The first thing which popped out was that he seemed to lack energy and hustle for portions of the game. A perfect example was around the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter. A ball bounced long and was pretty close to him and if he’d hustled he might have gotten on offensive rebound, then on the next play on the defense end, there was a defensive rebound that he didn’t go after which resulted in a Boston offensive rebound. If he’d put some energy in it, he could have secured 2 rebounds. This lack of energy also showed itself on his movement up and down the court as well as in his defensive rotations and close-outs. It wasn’t always there, but by and large he just looked sluggish as if he were going through the motions and the since he’s such a passionate guy it stood out for those who watch him play a lot. I mention the rebounding, because even though he ended up with 16 rebounds, he only had 1 rebound after playing the entire 1st quarter. He only had 4 at the end of the half, but really picked it up in the 2nd half to end up with a good rebounding total. It’s just the glass dominance that we normally see wasn’t really there, as a lot of his rebounds were at the end of the game and they were the easy defensive rebounds that he collected with-out much effort. The other issue which dampens the grade is that at the start of the game the match-up was Sullinger, and that should be a match-up that you pencil in as victory for Cousins in typically land-slide fashion. After the first half Cousins was decisively winning the battle as he had 18 points on 7-12 shooting while Sullinger was sitting at an OK 9 points on 4-10 shooting. However, the Celtics changed up their gameplan and Cousins got doubled pretty much every time he touched the ball in the 2nd half, and Sullinger ended up putting together the better 2nd half. They ended up with the same points and rebounds and their shooting percentage were almost the same as well. So a match-up which Cousins should have dominated ended up mostly in a draw. I do want to mention that Boston really couldn’t stop Cousins and ended up swarming him when he got the ball and he ended up making a lot of passes to open shooters and none of those shots which he set up even fell. So Boston adjusted, and Cousins mostly didn’t force things, but instead found the open shooter, who then proceeded to brick the shot. Also, despite the huge numbers that Sullinger put up, really the only bad man defense that Cousins played was on his close-outs on Sullinger’s jump-shots. Again with the theme of lack of energy, Cousins didn’t really do a good job challenging Sullinger’s jumpers, and there were a couple that were just wide open that Cousins didn’t even attempt to go after. However, Cousins did play a pretty good post-man defensive game. He challenged Sullinger’s positioning and played tall with his hands up, and to Sullinger’s credit, Sullinger made a lot of shots that weren’t necessarily easy. So dominant numbers, but the lack of energy, the poor initial rebounding, and letting his counterpart pretty much play him to a draw keep this grade from getting too high. He was by far the best player on the team, but it wasn’t enough to get the win, and I’m sure that he’s most frustrated by that. --Uncia

Arianny Celeste

Stats: 33min 5pts (2-7, 1-3, 0-0) 4reb 0ast 0stl 1blk 1TO
Outlaw ( D ) -- Travis Outlaw got the start for Marcus Thornton tonight, and I actually thought it had the potential to work out because the matchups sort of made sense. I mean, if Thornton was the starting shooting guard tonight he would have had to defend the much bigger Jeff Green, and that wouldn’t have gone well. Unfortunately for the Kings it didn’t really work out anyway. Travis played 33 minutes tonight without really giving the Kings any kind of positive production. He knocked down one 3 and then another mid range jumper, that’s about it. And his defense was pretty poor throughout the night. As I mentioned in the Derrick Williams grade, Outlaw spent time on Wallace and Green and really couldn’t stay in front of either guy. He was late closing out on Jeff Green and other shooters all night. It really is remarkable just how poor Outlaw is at getting back to his man once the ball swings over to his side of the court. Again, on a night where the Kings are missing two of their better scorers in Gay and Thornton, Outlaw needed to give the Kings a spark and he didn’t. I also hope Outlaw the shooting guard isn’t something we see a whole lot of. Jeff Green is sort of a special case as a shooting guard, so I get what Malone was doing tonight, but while Thornton is out I’d like to see McLemore get those minutes. --Mass

Marisol Gonzalvez

Stats: 39min 24pts (9-23, 3-7, 3-3) 2reb 6ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Thomas ( C- ) -- This was an ugly game. It appeared to me that the whole team seemed to be moving in slow motion at times. Even Cuz, who stat wise had a good game, didn't seem as if he was mentally in to it at times. But, this is about Thomas. He started well enough with a nice pass to JT right under the basket, but unfortunately he missed. He followed by driving the lane, scoring, and getting fouled. After a stop and pop three, he decided to test the water again, this time with no one down on offense, and missed. After a short blow on the bench at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, he returned in time to throw the ball behind a cutting Cousins for a turnover. He then hit a 16 footer off a pick and roll with Cousins. Then, in what was to become a habit, he left Pressey unguarded who luckily misssed a wide open three. After hitting an 8 footer in the lane, he made a nice pass to a cutting Cousins who missed the layup, but was fouled. IT ended up with only 6 assists on the night, but to be fair, he could have easily had at least 5 more, with almost all of those coming in the first half. After hitting a 16 footer, it was one miss after another. He missed 4 shots in a row to close out the first half, including the last shot of the half. The second half only got worse. He continued to shoot, and decided to stop playing defense as well. On two occasions he stood 10 or more feet away from Bayless just watching the action while Bayless hit two three's. On one possession, he came down the floor, ignored Cousins who was asking for the ball, and missed a 16 footer. He ended the 3rd quarter with 7 seconds left on the clock, by dribbling the length of the court, dribbled around, and failed to get a shot off. On another possession in the 4th quarter, he dribbled from one side of the court to the other, got trapped, escaped the trap, and with 3 seconds left on the shot clock, passed the ball to Williams, who had just enough time to throw up a prayer which missed. The icing on the cake came when he fouled Bayless in the act of shooting. In replaying it in slow motion, he not only made body contact, he struck Bayless in the face with his hand. With Bayless ending up on the floor, IT ended up straddling him. In a strange sequence, Bayless shoved IT away so he could get up off the floor. IT then lost his cool, and appeared ready to go after Bayless. Cousins, who looked like he had first intended to help Bayless up off the floor, instead grabbed IT and pulled him away from the action. IT was rewarded with a technical. This was not a good night for Thomas. He continued to take shot after shot, even though his shot wasn't falling. I can excuse a SG, but not a PG. Yes, he scored 24 points, but it took him 23 shots, going 9 for 23. As a side note, if I never have to listen to Tommy Heinsohn again, I'll be a happy man.--Baja

Abbie Cornish

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Bench

Stats: 21min 8pts (3-11, 1-2, 1-1) 4reb 2ast 1stl 1blk 1TO
McLemore ( D- ) -- sigh sigh. The worst part about this is that I am not giving him an F, because for any decent NBA player you'd give him and F for this. but the Ben scale has slid so far you're like, well...he made a good pass once, and well, after the game was decided he hit back to back jumpers. D-!! Sigh. Anyway, had to move slightly on his first jumper so of course missed it. Made that good lead pass to Williams on the break near the end of the first -- on and off those two have had chemistry on the break. two flyers and I think they understand each other. Was ineffective in the 2nd quarter with the reserves, threw a bad pass, might have hit one random jumper. I was covering my eyes on the other end. Returned for the miserable Outlaw and we just kind of left him out there despite his own struggles. There was a jumper early, then a flurry of misses. He go blocked from behind by Bayless, who stood over him and let him know about it. By the time he finally woke up and hit a jumper followed by a three, the game was over. The thing about Ben being a nice kid is that on nights like this he seems like too nice a kid. I'd let him date my daughter, but there just isn't any competitive fire that I can spot. Isaiah may be a selfish little turd a lot of the time, but you can spot his competitiveness far too easily. In fact it needs to be tamed. But Ben struggles mightily in this game, he gets punked...and just no response. He's too polite. He doesn't snap a board, or slam into a guy for a foul, or deliver a heavy foul or just anything. And so the nightly beatdowns will continue. He's a nice kid, like to see him make it, but you can only turn the other cheek so long. All these guys out here are fighting for the same minutes and the same contracts you are. At some point you have to fight back. --Brick

Katherine Webb

Stats: 12min 2pts (1-3, 0-0, 0-0) 2reb 1ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Acy ( D+ ) -- Acy didn’t get a lot of minutes in this one, and he wasn’t playing as if he deserved them. In his 12 minutes of playing time he basically had two nice moments. The first was from a play that Malone drew up on the time-out that had Acy enter the game at the 2:45 mark of the 1st quarter. That play ended up with Acy having the ball at the top of the key making the nice high-low pass to Cousins who finished right at the rim. A good play that was executed well resulting in the easy bucket. Then his other good moment was at the very end of the 1st quarter when IT took his normal ‘miss at the last second’ buzzer beater, and Acy flew into the lane with the rebound and the put-back for his only points of the game. (Just how Malone drew it up I’m sure). He started the 2nd quarter but picked up his second foul two minutes in, and pretty much sat for the rest of the half. He only got in for a few more minutes in the 2nd half, but he wasn’t strong on the boards and was completely unable to stop either Olynyk or Sullinger or whomever he was matched up against. So he didn’t give us rebounding and his defense didn’t really stand out. It was just a quiet showing, and it’s a shame, because the team could have used an infusion of energy as it seemed it was lacking from pretty much everyone out there tonight. --Uncia

Charisma Carpenter -- ah, an old favorite. The above is the pic I used when I selected her in the Hot Babe Draft 4 or 5 years ago now. What's not to like?

Stats: 8min 2pts (1-2, 0-0, 0-0) 0reb 1ast 0stl 0blk 1TO
Fredette ( D ) -- There isn't much to write about Jimmer's performance tonight. He only played 8 minutes and took 2 shots, making one of them. He did manage to turn the ball over, and get it back. That may have been his highlight of the night. He completely lost sight of Bayless twice, both time resulting in a three. Jimmer's performance combined with IT's, made for a real fun time for me.--Baja

Gal Gadot

Stats: 8min 0pts (0-1, 0-0, 0-0) 1reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Landry ( F ) -- Completely ineffective. missed a turnaround jumper in the early 2nd, but cut off some penetration the other way for literally his only achievement on the night besides a single solitary garbagetime rebound. Run over by Sullinger for a hoop. Unplayable for most of the night. Nice signing gerbil. How about next time anybody in the Kings front office wants to sign a former midget Houston frontcourt player they come check with me first. Because I'm batting 1.000 so far, and they aren't.--Brick

Doutzen Kroes -- who I've actually met a couple of times on work related matters. Job's not all bad.

Stats: 1min 0pts (0-1, 0-0, 0-0) 0reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
McCallum ( INC ) -- 1 min of garbagetime --Baja

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The problem with these polls is you can't answer with more than one guy. It would be nice to choose about five.

Kayte and the crew were talking before the game about 1) how difficult it is for guys to retain concentration before the All Star break and 2) how Cousins may decide to turn his All Star snub into great play or just resentment. I sure didn't see the fire from everyone in this game.

Thompson was a mental midget tonight. But we see that so often it's never a surprise. The surprise is when he exceeds expectations.

I voted Landry just because he's supposed to be this additional force off the bench and he gave us nothing. No effort, not a threat at all and didn't box out or do anything remotely useful. I mean, if he's the supposed offensive threat and hustle guy out there then at least the bench line up would sound a little more promising. Instead what we had was our best shooter giving the ball to guys and watching them go 1 on 1. That lineup got like 2 open looks the entire time, one McLemore jumper and one Fredette jumper when he finally got (and used) a good screen.

Refs were also terrible, and in fact I would say they were a help to the Kings, but it went both ways. Celtics were getting fouled lots of times with no call, Acy should have been called for a tech on one play but no call. Jimmer got taken out by a moving screen that gave the Celtics a wide open 3 - no call.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If I cannot pick "all of the above," I just have forgo voting. Any time I start to vote for one, I see the next name on the list and think, "Oh, yeah... "

I said it in another thread. This was a crapfest of gigantic proportions.

There were a lot of no-shows tonight, but i kind of expect that out of a lot of the people on this team right now (Ben,Jimmer,Landry,Outlaw,etc) so out of the people that you expect a decent performance from, JT was the biggest disaster

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Disappointed that Thompson wasn't able to affect the game more against Boston's undersized frontcourt; we know that he is not as effective against "stretch 4s" as he is against "true" bigs, but he is usually at least able to score on them.

Also disappointed in Malone for starting a SF at the SG, against a combo forward, also inexplicably playing the SG. Even if you haven't been impressed with McLemore's play to this point, you should have started him, if only to challenge Wallace's lateral ability, get him to chase McLemore around, and possibly even get him in foul trouble. By essentially telling the kid, "Hey, I'd rather play someone out of position than play you," I think you're killing the kid's confidence, and I think that it was reflected in how tentative he played for most of the night.

As I said before Malone is gun-shy as ****, and it annoys me. I get not playing your kids when you're competing for a championship, but we're not even competing for a playoff spot. I don't begrudge Malone trying to win, but I damned sure begrudge him for apparently being afraid to let the kids fail.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Thompson was a mental midget tonight. But we see that so often it's never a surprise. The surprise is when he exceeds expectations.
I hope that means you didn't vote for him in the poll, then. After all, if you expect him to be bad, then you have to think that him being bad is par for the course.

Personally, I don't think he's bad, and I don't expect him to be bad, so his performance was disappointing.

Bricklayer

Disappointed that Thompson wasn't able to affect the game more against Boston's undersized frontcourt; we know that he is not as effective against "stretch 4s" as he is against "true" bigs, but he is usually at least able to score on them.

Also disappointed in Malone for starting a SF at the SG, against a combo forward, also inexplicably playing the SG. Even if you haven't been impressed with McLemore's play to this point, you should have started him, if only to challenge Wallace's lateral ability, get him to chase McLemore around, and possibly even get him in foul trouble. By essentially telling the kid, "Hey, I'd rather play someone out of position than play you," I think you're killing the kid's confidence, and I think that it was reflected in how tentative he played for most of the night.

As I said before Malone is gun-shy as ****, and it annoys me. I get not playing your kids when you're competing for a championship, but we're not even competing for a playoff spot. I don't begrudge Malone trying to win, but I damned sure begrudge him for apparently being afraid to let the kids fail.
Given Ben's 35% shooting this season are we surprised? I wasn't aware he had any confidence. And frankly the way he has played he shouldn't have any. Nice kid. But just a kid. Should be in school.

I don't want to harp on Jason Thompson - oh, why not. I recall one time he had dunk attempt that was partially blocked and a foul - but didn't get the call. Hey, official missed it but that call and no other ref blown calls determined outcome of this Kings beat down in Bean Town. After JT near flush, he shook his head in typical mental midget style while Boston was fast breaking for an easy transition opportunity. Like we've seen thousand times before, JT was still feeling sorry for himself, angry with the ref, frozen in the critical moment - unable to respond quickly to next play. JT was big reason for Kings poor performance tonight but certainly not only one.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Given Ben's 35% shooting this season are we surprised? I wasn't aware he had any confidence. And frankly the way he has played he shouldn't have any. Nice kid. But just a kid. Should be in school.
Of course he should still be in school: who's arguing that? I've always been in favor of raising the age limit, and I'm never changing my mind on that, no matter how many "success stories" there might be. I don't believe in "making" them go to college, I just don't think that they should have the "right" to play in the NBA at nineteen. Let 'em go overseas if they don't want to go to school.

But, that's neither here nor there, because the fact is that he isn't in school. And, since he isn't, Malone might as well play him, or send him down to the D-League. I don't believe in this false paradigm that lottery picks shouldn't be sent down to the D-League, either.

K

KingMilz

#Whole team was garbage including Cousins, he let Sullinger have anything and everything for Jared to play him even is embarrassing his defence looked like last year's.
# Thomas was out of control and awful and the effort level from everyone other than maybe Outlaw was dreadful.
#I can't believe how many times our bigs get beaten down the floor they simply didn't care it was the same old crap I'm going to chuck shots up and play no defence.
#Weak performance I just can't understand how you can put in a effort like that, that actually looked like we were trying to tank for the first time this season.
#Honestly they need to pull Ben from the dunk contest and make him work on something that might help him in games, don't waste time on that bricking dunks and go do something useful.

Bricklayer

#Whole team was garbage including Cousins, he let Sullinger have anything and everything for Jared to play him even is embarrassing his defence looked like last year's.
For people who don't know Jared Sullinger has averaged 21pts 13rebs for the last 3 games coming into tonight. I know, because I scooped him up off of several fantasy waiver wires last month and have been getting a surge out of him. :)

In any case his offense isn't any joke. His weight is a joke. He's injury prone, can't defend. But he can score, and he can often board. He's no scrub.

K

KingMilz

For people who don't know Jared Sullinger has averaged 21pts 13rebs for the last 3 games coming into tonight. I know, because I scooped him up off of several fantasy waiver wires last month and have been getting a surge out of him. :)

In any case his offense isn't any joke. His weight is a joke. He's injury prone, can't defend. But he can score, and he can often board. He's no scrub.
Off course he's not a scrub but the way he was getting his points was not acceptable, he out ran our bigs.....they didn't box him out and they didn't get a hand up, I like Jared as a player but come on 31 and 16 on DMC? That's a loss for us if he plays Cousins even close to even.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Of course he should still be in school: who's arguing that? I've always been in favor of raising the age limit, and I'm never changing my mind on that, no matter how many "success stories" there might be. I don't believe in "making" them go to college, I just don't think that they should have the "right" to play in the NBA at nineteen. Let 'em go overseas if they don't want to go to school.

But, that's neither here nor there, because the fact is that he isn't in school. And, since he isn't, Malone might as well play him, or send him down to the D-League. I don't believe in this false paradigm that lottery picks shouldn't be sent down to the D-League, either.
I've had the same thought about sending him down and agree it doesn't work. The difference in talent level is so huge that he might just toy with the D leaguers which will not help in anyway. Didn't McCallum make the D leaguers look like amateurs? I don't think there is any option but to let him take his lumps. I'm not sure how he reacts to that as he doesn't seem to react. I think waiting him out as the years pass will pay off but he has to play.

From what I can decipher, he doesn't seem to be losing confidence or at least what confidence he has. He reminds me of Caldwell in his rookie year. Very shakey and confused.

He is a very skilled fat guy that should never be scoring the way he did tonight. If he is hitting a contested 17 footer over Cousins, fine, but he was out muscling Cousins or whoever was guarding him for offensive boards or beating our bigs down the court for layups. When it came to defending him 1 on1 Cousins did more than fine, the bulk of his scoring was from pure hustle, or lack of it from our players.

I actually think Boston is the one team where Malone can excuse himself for playing Outlaw out of position. I don't know how McLemore could have possibly defended Wallace or Green, and McLemore isn't a player who has shown any ability to take advantage of someone else on the other end.

But I don't really disagree with you. I can understand Malone's stance in this particular game, but under any other circumstances I want McLemore out there while Thornton is out.

How is it that Jimmer only took 2 shots? I didn't have the chance to watch the game but judging from the box score IT was IT and Cuz was Cuz but everyone else sucked.

Bricklayer

How is it that Jimmer only took 2 shots? I didn't have the chance to watch the game but judging from the box score IT was IT and Cuz was Cuz but everyone else sucked.
That pretty much sums it up.

And our bench was so bad we could barely keep them on the floor let alone try to get organized and get guys shots and whatnot.. It was very bad. post game press conference Malone mentioned it was 10-0 in the first half when the bench came in, 18-4 in the second when they did, and most of the bench guys were carrying around -17 or -18s in about 8min of play.

That pretty much sums it up.

And our bench was so bad we could barely keep them on the floor let alone try to get organized and get guys shots and whatnot.. It was very bad. post game press conference Malone mentioned it was 10-0 in the first half when the bench came in, 18-4 in the second when they did, and most of the bench guys were carrying around -17 or -18s in about 8min of play.
Who was doing all the shooting for the bench?

K

KingMilz

I swear Williams is the biggest feast of famine rebounder I have ever seen he either grabs 1-2 boards or 9+

I honestly didn't watch much of the game at all except for a little bit when Jimmer was in during the 4th quarter. He hit a jumper the 1st play. Then the next play there were no guys in the paint and he was obviously trying to set a PnR and ended up turning it over because all the guys were hanging out in the perimeter. A few plays later he gave Acy a wide open jumpshot, but Acy hesitated and tried to attack the rim. He missed and I think it led to a 3pointer on Jimmer's man which extended the lead up to around 6? Our bench is horrible.. I saw no effort from them in that short play, and by looking at the box score, that pretty much com firms it.
I'll give everyone an F including Cuz. He had 31 pts 16 rebs while giving up 31pts 16rebs.. Come on Cuz.. it's Jared Sullinger..

Entity

Hall of Famer
Who was doing all the shooting for the bench?
If wanting info on jimmer. He brought ball up court never pushed it just walked into a set and that's pretty much it he passed it off never even acted like he wanted to shoot. Everybody looked lethargic

That bench is really troublesome for us. We just do not have a dependable unit or a scorer who can consistently come in and give us a spark when we need it (i.e. When key guys get some rest)

The bench was unplayable tonight. We really need to get some solid bench production if we are to go anywhere. We really struggle when all of our "big 3" are not playing.

I thought Landry was supposed to be our bench guy. If that is the case, why are we not running some plays for him when he does come in. He is at his best in the low post scoring the ball so why the **** do we consistently have him at the elbow as a passer? We did not run a single play where we even tried to get him a shot anywhere, let alone close to the basket.

That bench is really troublesome for us. We just do not have a dependable unit or a scorer who can consistently come in and give us a spark when we need it (i.e. When key guys get some rest)

The bench was unplayable tonight. We really need to get some solid bench production if we are to go anywhere. We really struggle when all of our "big 3" are not playing.

I thought Landry was supposed to be our bench guy. If that is the case, why are we not running some plays for him when he does come in. He is at his best in the low post scoring the ball so why the **** do we consistently have him at the elbow as a passer? We did not run a single play where we even tried to get him a shot anywhere, let alone close to the basket.
Feel like Landry is simply suffering from missing the whole year. I can't imagine building a rhythm in your game is easy after missing most of pre-season and the regular season. Also, as Landry is much more of a skill-guy than relying on athleticism, it's only plausible to think it'll take him longer to get back to a good rhythm

Just took a look through the box scores and noticed that only ONE player in the entire NBA took more shots than Isaiah Thomas today. It was Damian Lillard, who scored 38pts and had 11 assists on 15/26 shooting in an Overtime game.

Not Carmelo Anthony, not Kevin Durant (who is playing without Westbrook and has all the right in the world to chuck as many shots as he wants), not Kevin Love, not John Wall, not Kyrie Irving. Even the leagues top scorers and stars don't shoot the ball as much as this guy. Oh yea and should i mention that he is a POINT GUARD! When you see something like that, hard to say the IT criticism is in the wrong.........