Garrett Temple

S

sactownfan

So would a lot of Kings fans, but Joeger just said last post game interview that he likes Temple off the bench because of his versatility.

I doubt we will see Temple starting anytime soon. :(
I'm so over his stupidity.... I really was on board with hiring him. But as it turns out like every coach in MEM that team just wins. Dave really shouldn't get any credit for that.

The worst part about this is that he's not going anywhere.... and all we can hope fore is he snaps out of his retarded tunnel vision.

He did finally chill out on playing Matt so many mins. He did finally bench Affalo. So maybe he will eventually start Temple.

I pray that one day one of his assistants will teach him a new system and we can finally get away from this 2 big crap with Koufos

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sactownfan

I'm so over his stupidity.... I really was on board with hiring him. But as it turns out like every coach in MEM that team just wins. Dave really shouldn't get any credit for that.

The worst part about this is that he's not going anywhere.... and all we can hope fore is he snaps out of his retarded tunnel vision.

He did finally chill out on playing Matt so many mins. He did finally bench Affalo. So maybe he will eventually start Temple.

I pray that one day one of his assistants will teach him a new system and we can finally get away from this 2 big crap with Koufos
Of course he will probably figure out all the SUPER OBVIOUS STUFF when the seasons is totally lost

Of course we have to try. No doubt about that and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. This board is divided between guys thinking or convincing themselves, that we are on the right track and posters, who don't believe so.
But you can't give credit to a GM of an NBA team for trying. That's just the harsh reality. I don't care if it's Vlade, a beloved Kings player, or someone like PDA. In the end only results matter -
sympathy doesn't matter, playstyle doesn't matter, wether the players are young guns or veterans or role models or thugs doesn't matter. All that matters is the amount of wins.

And I respectfully disagree completely with your assessement of the Kings body of work.

I don't believe in the common narrative, that things are harder, because we are the Kings (outside of signing top tier FA's). If you want a reasoning for that, just take a look at this years Grizzlies. The issue is not, that it's hard for the Kings. The issue is, that we seem to be not competent enough to think outside the box and get players, who will contribute, who fit our vision of the team and our system, but aren't a hot commodity on the FA market. And the issue is, that we can't sell our vision to players, who are actually a hot commodity.
I don't believe we do things with the right approach in mind.
Afflalo and Tolliver weren't needed. The signing of Matt Barnes was highly questionable, even though I believe this one is on Joerger and it's understandable from a culture and leadership point of view. Ryan Anderson would have been a bad addition. The draft picks of the recent years, didn't fit the need of this team (outside of Malachi and Bogdan, who isn't signed yet). In the end I'm sorry to say, that Vlade isn't doing a good job from my point of view.

I don't want to spoil anyones optimism. I don't want to drag anyone down. I just view things differentely, than some of you.
That's cool. It's a difference of perception. To me we are close. The team has performed well through a tough stretch and will learn from the close losses encountered. The FO will be exploring options with rudy and we are within launching distance of a playoff seed.

Thanks for dusting off this thread. With Rudy opting out, I think Temple becomes our starting SF. For a playoff team, Temple is a valuable utility player. For us, we need to maximize his minutes both on and off the court.