[Game] Game Thread: Kings at Grizzlies 1/21/12

That could have been much worse.

Down by 8 at the half, considering the horrid start ... we did some good things in the second quarter. If Jimmer can stay this 'on' he can fill Thorntons shoes in the second half. I like our chances.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'm glad Jimmer appears to have settled a little bit, and his confidence has come back. I do however expect a few here to absolutely take that and run with it into the land of exaggeration after the game.

It's ok. Being down by 8 in a game like this is not a big deal. We have a shot, but we really need some stops. I hope Conley cools off a little bit, he is looking like Allen Iverson tonight...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
A Jimmer sighting! He and we needed that in the worst way. Now what to do about him on defense where Conley has just killed him. I mean annihilated. If he gets the second half start I think I seriously try him on Tony Allen because there doesn't look like much hope vs. Conley.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm glad Jimmer appears to have settled a little bit, and his confidence has come back. I do however expect a few here to absolutely take that and run with it into the land of exaggeration after the game.
How many? I'll bet it's not many. (Trying to make life tough for himself) Actually there is nothing going on like "the Kings have quit freezing him out" or anything like that is there? I have no TV.

It's really nice to see Jimmer get his shot, finally. Now, we can see how deadly he can be out there when he plays just like he did in college. But our defense is just like Swiss cheese with so many holes, starting with our backcourt, that must get better in second half, they shoot 60% for 2 and 3, I don't remember when I saw this last time, must be years, for sure!

Conley has absolutely destroyed everyone thats been on him, not just Jimmer. The team is playing hard, a couple of weeks ago the Grizzlies would have been up by 27 at the half the way things were going. Win or lose as long as they play hard in the second half, i will be satisified. Our schedule has been and will continue to be brutal for the next month. If we were in the east we would be a playoff team imo. but the west is just balanced all around, even teams like Houston, Phoenix and Minnesota are playing good ball.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What is it about Memphis's defense that has allowed two of our most underperforming players (arguably the two most underperforming) to have their bests games of the season in both games against the Grizzlies?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, this is the Jimmer I remember from college. Nice to see him finally find his stroke, and know it. He's doing a nice job of creating some shots for his teammates as well. Connely is out of his mind right now. I'm not sure anyone can guard him. The dude is quick, and he's hot as well. I'd try Tyreke on him and see how it goes. He killed Thornton when he tried to guard him as well. They might have to go to a zone.