[Game] Game Thread: Kings at Grizzlies 1/21/12

Well, this is the Jimmer I remember from college. Nice to see him finally find his stroke, and know it. He's doing a nice job of creating some shots for his teammates as well. Connely is out of his mind right now. I'm not sure anyone can guard him. The dude is quick, and he's hot as well. I'd try Tyreke on him and see how it goes. He killed Thornton when he tried to guard him as well. They might have to go to a zone.
Saw Jimmer has 6 assists... what is and who holds the record for the Kings this year? I believe it's Evans, but I can't remember what the number was.

We won't win with Reke standing in the corner.

We need to start using our two stars in Reke/Cousins.
You mean we won't win with Reke having a bad game. He can be as involved as he wants, but he's got to perform.

Now granted, Reke has been playing well lately, so I'm confident he'll have a better 2nd half.

You mean we won't win with Reke having a bad game. He can be as involved as he wants, but he's got to perform.

Now granted, Reke has been playing well lately, so I'm confident he'll have a better 2nd half.
No, I mean what I typed. Moving Reke off the ball, having him play sf on offense in the corner, while IT/Jimmer run the offense won't work. We won yesterday because Reke had the ball and was creating/attacking, not because he was moved off the ball and told to stand in the corner.

No, I mean what I typed. Moving Reke off the ball, having him play sf on offense in the corner, while IT/Jimmer run the offense won't work. We won yesterday because Reke had the ball and was creating/attacking, not because he was moved off the ball and told to stand in the corner.
And it was one game. I don't know if that proves that it's "the way" for this team to win. 6-10 is really all that needs to be said.

But I'm sure we can both agree on the fact that Garcia should be on the bench right now.

Well Reke's just been forcing shots inside against traffic. Whatever was going on last game has vanished this game. It's all about continual smart play with him and not doing it once every few weeks.

And it was one game. I don't know if that proves that it's "the way" for this team to win. 6-10 is really all that needs to be said.

But I'm sure we can both agree on the fact that Garcia should be on the bench right now.
Actually we are 4-5 (4-6 after tonight I guess) since Smart took over. So, since Reke started to play like Reke. It's not a bad record for this team.

Actually we are 4-5 (4-6 after tonight I guess) since Smart took over. So, since Reke started to play like Reke. It's not a bad record for this team.
And that's a silver lining.

But for anyone to act like there's any known formula for the Kings to be successful right is foolish. It hasn't been found yet. Right now the only working formula is to score more points than the other team... other than that, nothing has been found to work consistently well for these guys yet.

And that's a silver lining.

But for anyone to act like there's any known formula for the Kings to be successful right is foolish. It hasn't been found yet. Right now the only working formula is to score more points than the other team... other than that, nothing has been found to work consistently well for these guys yet.
We are best when Cousins and Reke are heavily involved. That isn't foolish.