[Game] Game 1: Sacramento Kings v. Golden State Warriors, 10/29/14 7:00 PM PST, 10 PM EST

The Official Fruit of the Kings 2014-2015 Season

• Pear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Apple

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Grapes

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Lemon

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Kiwi

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tomatoes

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Batman

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had no monies. Fournier and a 2nd rounder is basically no monies for Afflalo's deal. Perhaps Orlando didn't want a D-Will expiring
Didn't realize a trade exception was involved. Maybe they would of been willing to take on more salary if better assets then Fournier were available.

We had no monies. Fournier and a 2nd rounder is basically no monies for Afflalo's deal. Perhaps Orlando didn't want a D-Will expiring
Why didn't we trade something like our 8th pick+D-Will or Ben for their 10th pick (or whatever it was) and Affalo.

Much better than the crap they got for Affalo. Move up 2spots and receive a young nice player. Or a young expiring player.

Why wouldn't they want an expiring and that expiring is a young talent. We didn't even here rumors of our involvement AA would have been perfect PDA probably didn't want him cause he plays defense.
Yes, because we as fans know exactly who PDA has talked to and exactly what Orlando wants for their team?

It's an unfortunate part of being a fan, but we're only exposed to probably 1% of what actually happens within a FO dealings. It takes 2 to tango and perhaps they were really high on Fournier (Who did start in Oladipo's absence and played 32 mins btw) and loved the fact they could cut $6mil off their cap too. We can't make them like D-will or Ben. And we didn't have the Trade exception either as this was a deal that was made on draft night while IT deal was much later on in off-season.

And AA actually doesn't play defense anymore really. He used to, but has severely tailed off in that dept over the years. Obviously a lot better than our current dudes, but still, he's no stopper or stud on that end anymore.

Nik gives you 100% on D but is completely overmatched in the strength department against most players at this point. But this was his first real game ever as a pro and he was one of the few productive players on offense.

he didn't exactly get any help, any time he was backed down no double team help came, poor awareness unless the coach wanted it that way.

I'm not a fan of Ben at all but he did a good job at times on Klay and stuck to him a lot better than last year, having said that Klay was having an off night, partly because of the D but partly just "one of those" nights. But what he giveth he taketh away on the other end absolutely no impact 0 points 1 assist.

the offense was just woeful woeful stuff, 3 or 4 levels below even the pre season stuff which was average. Hard to get into a rhythm when Cuz is struggling though because everything goes through him, people dribbling into triple teams though like Ramon and Rudy and Casspi, come on guys this isn't a freaking play park.

I'm curious if you're blind to Nik's errors or just ignoring them because they don't support your viewpoint. There isn't that much of a gap between either Ben or Nik, which is more an indictment of both of their play rather than a compliment.
Considering Nik has just played his first game in the NBA it's probably more of an indictment of Ben if Nik is already his equal. I thought they both had fairly poor games tonight it's pick your poison with those 2 right now.

I'm curious if you're blind to Nik's errors or just ignoring them because they don't support your viewpoint. There isn't that much of a gap between either Ben or Nik, which is more an indictment of both of their play rather than a compliment.
This is what I've been saying. I don't want to spend all my time on this board defending Ben, but I feel like a dose of reality is needed.

I've said before that Ben is going to make his mark in the defensive end while he figures things out on offense. Ben didn't hit shots last night, but he also didn't drag the team down. Lack of passing did. Nik will make his mark on offense while he figures it out on D.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sign Lady dyed her hair.
No, Sign Lady lost all her hair because of her cancer treatments. What's growing back in is her natural color. Here's pic of her with the Little Princesses. She admired the signs they had made and said she was glad to know the next generation of Sign Ladies was getting a good start. :)

upload_2014-10-30_13-5-40.png

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another very welcome sight? The WNBA championship banner and Bolton's jersey are back hanging in the rafters! I can only guess, but I strongly suspect this means some kind of announcement about the Monarchs in the near future.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No, Sign Lady lost all her hair because of her cancer treatments. What's growing back in is her natural color.
I was aware that she'd been having health problems, but her hair still looked way darker on TV than it had in previous seasons, which led me to suspect that either she'd decided to dye it darker when it started coming back in, or she had been dying it lighter before she started treatment.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was aware that she'd been having health problems, but her hair still looked way darker on TV than it had in previous seasons, which led me to suspect that either she'd decided to dye it darker when it started coming back in, or she had been dying it lighter before she started treatment.
She was wearing a wig for most of last season. This year, she decided to forget the wig and let her hair grow out.

Yeah im becoming less and less sure that PDA can build a good basketball team after this summer. Like how in the hell do you let Afflalo and Asik slip through your hands unless you werent even considering them? Makes total sense for those 2 to be on our team.

No instead we suffer through small ball, Landry, JT, Dwill, and BMac! Assuming we let Bmac, Dwill, and JT go our line up could have been:

Collison/Sessions
Afflalo/Stauskas
Gay/Caspi
Cousins/Evans
Asik/Hollins

obviously you would want a more capable backup at C and might have reluctance to start Cousins at PF but i think both are easy enough to get over when you now how 2 legit big men a pesky defenisve back court that can shoot and less shots for Rudy too chuck up.

Oh well, id rather stick with this "position-less basketball" horse crap that we've been treated too!

oh and another thing...

Anyone else notice how other teams coaches force Malone too adjust and not the other way around? Like last night The W's went small and Malone immediately went small as well and thats when the crap hit the fan. I would have liked to see us go even bigger! Hell put Hollins in at C! i dont care.....anythings better than the suckfest going on here in Sac lol

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah im becoming less and less sure that PDA can build a good basketball team after this summer. Like how in the hell do you let Afflalo and Asik slip through your hands unless you werent even considering them? Makes total sense for those 2 to be on our team.
It only makes sense if you're the Kings. You can draw up all the hypotheticals you like, but it will always take two to tango.