[Game] Game 1: Sacramento Kings v. Golden State Warriors, 10/29/14 7:00 PM PST, 10 PM EST

The Official Fruit of the Kings 2014-2015 Season

• Pear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peach

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Apple

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Grapes

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Lemon

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Kiwi

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tomatoes

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Batman

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Here's the thing, I liked the defensive effort out of our team tonight. Up until the fourth quarter, the interior defense held nicely and Ben and Darren did an adequate job making their two best players work.

Now offensively, there's work to be done (primarily when it comes to attacking a zone) and we definitely need to work on getting Demarcus the ball in better spots where he can actually something and cutters aren't all running right at him, dragging their defenders into a natural double/triple team. Additionally, we need to work on getting Rudy back into the areas where he can be successful as opposed to just tossing him the ball at the three-point line and hoping it works.

Not exactly a good debut but I don't think it's quite the Doomsday scenario a lot of you seem to think it is.

this is what happens when you have a group of low bball iq players. No doubt about it. Our players are dumb, and we aren't going to win like that. Players don't know how to react on offense or on defense.

Looking at this team, these are the only decent-good bball iq players we have:

Stauskas
Collison
Casspi
Landry

That's it. That's sad. No matter what, we can't win if we only have four decent iq players. Not saying the rest of the players don't have talent, but it's greatly mitigated by the fact that they don't make smart decisions. I think you can include Cousins in this group.

It's good that Collison is in the starting lineup, but look at the other 4 starters. Can't win like that.

If you stress team defense and motion offense, you absolutely NEED smart players if you aren't that athletic. Team defense relies on players communicating and knowing how to react. Same with motion offense. We will never win like this.

Solution: We need a new GM and brain trust. We've sucked for years because we have a bunch of idiots on our squad. It's painful to watch. We need high IQ players, players that understand the game. Ship everyone out that doesn't get it

I'll take 3 for 10 over McLemore's goose egg any day.
I'm probably one of the biggest Nik supporters, but I'd rather take McLemore. McLemore played great D today against Klay. Stauskas was dreadful. I wouldn't mind to see Stauskas receive limited minutes this year. He was getting absolutely torched. Against a deadly shooter like Klay, you HAVE to have Ben on him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
this is what happens when you have a group of low bball iq players. No doubt about it. Our players are dumb, and we aren't going to win like that. Players don't know how to react on offense or on defense.

Looking at this team, these are the only decent-good bball iq players we have:

Stauskas
Collison
Casspi
Landry

That's it. That's sad. No matter what, we can't win if we only have four decent iq players. Not saying the rest of the players don't have talent, but it's greatly mitigated by the fact that they don't make smart decisions. I think you can include Cousins in this group.

It's good that Collison is in the starting lineup, but look at the other 4 starters. Can't win like that.

If you stress team defense and motion offense, you absolutely NEED smart players if you aren't that athletic. Team defense relies on players communicating and knowing how to react. Same with motion offense. We will never win like this.

Solution: We need a new GM and brain trust. We've sucked for years because we have a bunch of idiots on our squad. It's painful to watch. We need high IQ players, players that understand the game. Ship everyone out that doesn't get it

So you're the first guy on the "Trade Demarcus" bandwagon this year?

I'm probably one of the biggest Nik supporters, but I'd rather take McLemore. McLemore played great D today against Klay. Stauskas was dreadful. I wouldn't mind to see Stauskas receive limited minutes this year. He was getting absolutely torched. Against a deadly shooter like Klay, you HAVE to have Ben on him.
Well Stauskas isn't known for his defense even in college and Ben was always torched last season.

What I was worried about with Stauskus was D and it sure showed tonight. He got bullied time and time again. I think the last play it was Iggy (?) that drove right by him. As soon as it happened they brought Ben back in and you could see the look on Stauskus's face. He knew he didn't belong in there at that point. He turned immediately to the bench before the buzzer even sounded for a sub. He knew he was coming off.

He can still add some bulk and quickness like Reddick did to make himself a viable player in this league.But defensively he's going to be a liability this year. He'll have some games but the question is going to be how long they can leave him in because if he's getting burned all the time it's going to put DMC in foul trouble.

Last edited:
Indeed. I know a lot of people seem to think that we'd be better off playing Casspi instead of Gay, but they're really wrong.
How so? What did Gay do for us today? He shot 5-15 8rebs 2tos 14pts. He was the ball stopper on offense. I bet if we let D-Will shoot 15 times, he'd make at least 5 too. I'm sick of Gay's iso plays. Malone needs to do something about them, unless he's the one who's encouraging it.

I'm sorry, not being able to score a single point?

They were both garbage like most of the team.

I'm more annoyed with Sessions and Malone however.

Well Stauskas isn't known for his defense even in college and Ben was always torched last season.
Yea, but against someone like Klay, you have to put your best SG defender on him. Anytime Nik was on him, Klay attacked him. Ben did a great job containing and denying access to Klay.

You don't win with Gay getting the ball close to 3-point line and having free reign to make decisions from there. It's on Malone as well - take a timeout, if he's not doing, what you want him to...
Go check how many fire Casey threads raptors fans had. Gay leaves and those threads dissapear they also said same thing as you so did Casey turn into a better coach or is Gay the problem? Some of us saw this coming watching fiba others were blind he did this in fiba, Memphis, and Toronto Malone isn't the problem.

And the people blaming him for sessions issues are just sad did you not see him bench sessions.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
How so? What did Gay do for us today? He shot 5-15 8rebs 2tos 14pts. He was the ball stopper on offense. I bet if we let D-Will shoot 15 times, he'd make at least 5 too. I'm sick of Gay's iso plays. Malone needs to do something about them, unless he's the one who's encouraging it.
That is the opposite of a refutation. It doesn't mean that we'd have been better off.

List of annoyances, no particular order.

1. McLemore our starting SG can't score a single point
2. Sessions was garbage, terrible decisions there when we were hurting
3. Seeing Williams come in before Casspi
4. Down 10 and Nik gets fouled from 3, ref swallows whistle, could have been down just 7 a whole new game
5. Rudy Gay hero ball 2.0, especially that shot with Nik hot and setup right next to him

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
List of annoyances, no particular order.

1. McLemore our starting SG can't score a single point

2. Sessions was garbage, terrible decisions there when we were hurting
3. Seeing Williams come in before Casspi
4. Down 10 and Nik gets fouled from 3, ref swallows whistle, could have been down just 7 a whole new game
5. Rudy Gay hero ball 2.0, especially that shot with Nik hot and setup right next to him
Ah, so you're one of those people. Got it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How are you defending Ben?, while he isnt a terrible player, under no circumstances should he be an NBA starter. Should be a 14 min a night bench player at most. This is on PDA and his terrible roster building skills.
I'm not defending Ben but it's not like Nik has been awesome or anything. Shoddy defensive work and his offensive numbers weren't exactly good enough to compensate.

I'm not defending Ben but it's not like Nik has been awesome or anything. Shoddy defensive work and his offensive numbers weren't exactly good enough to compensate.
Nik is just the alternative, neither should be anywhere near starting. Ben should have been gone once Nik was drafted. We should have a vet and have Nik back him up. PDA failed, 2 lost puppies as your only options at SG.

Tonight's recap:

- First half, we played defense that limited the Warriors' top two shooters
- First half, Nik was on fire
- Second half, the team turns the ball over a lot & misses a lot of shots at the same time
- Morale weakened; as a consequence, our defense became lazy
- Warriors began to shoot very well
- Morale weakened; as a consequence, our defense became lazier
- etc.

We had no monies. Fournier and a 2nd rounder is basically no monies for Afflalo's deal. Perhaps Orlando didn't want a D-Will expiring
Why wouldn't they want an expiring and that expiring is a young talent. We didn't even here rumors of our involvement AA would have been perfect PDA probably didn't want him cause he plays defense.