Seems to make sense to start a thread.

what we know. We have a qualifying offer on:
- Bogdanovic
- Jeffries
- Parker has picked up his option.

what we don’t know:
Will we renounce rights to Nemanja?

Targets?
I think we should think about Olynk as a free agent target.

Seems to make sense to start a thread.

what we know. We have a qualifying offer on:
- Bogdanovic
- Jeffries
- Parker has picked up his option.

what we don’t know:
Will we renounce rights to Nemanja?

Targets?
I think we should think about Olynk as a free agent target.

Didn't Olynk opt in with Miami?

dude12

Hall of Famer
If this is a short retooling and wanting to go younger to match Fox’s age, it May make sense to go bargain hunting on short term contracts.

Focus on trading Bogi and Bjelica.

So who if anyone do we target?
First we need to see what we have.

Under contract:
Buddy - SG
Barnes - SF/PF
Joseph - PG
Bagley - C/PF
Fox - PG
Bjelica - PF
Parker - PF
Holmes - PF/C
James - SG

2 way contract
Guy - PG

Cap holds
Bazemore $28.9
Bogie $16.2
Len $5.4
Yogi $4.1
HaliBurton $3.8
Brewer $1.7
Jeffries $1.5

They are currently over the cap with the holds.

They have 3 exemptions
$9.3 mil mid level
$3.6 mil bi annual
$2.6 mil trade from Dedmon.

If they renounce all the cap holds they have about $27 mil in space (this includes the Haliburton). So if you add back in Bogie and Haliburton they have about $7 mil. Keeping Jeffries makes it $5.3.

So basically until the Bogie situation is settled we wont have any idea what space is available.

Also, Under contract players plus 3 rookies puts us at 12. Add Jeffries that's 13. So that leaves 2 spots that might be needed to take back players in a Bogie S&T.

Under contract:
Buddy - SG
Barnes - SF/PF
Joseph - PG
Bagley - C/PF
Fox - PG
Bjelica - PF
Parker - PF
Holmes - PF/C
James - SG

2 way contract
Guy - PG

Cap holds
Bazemore $28.9
Bogie $16.2
Len $5.4
Yogi $4.1
HaliBurton $3.8
Brewer $1.7
Jeffries $1.5

They have 3 exemptions
$9.3 mil mid level
$3.6 mil bi annual

If they renounce all the cap holds they have about $27 mil in space (this includes the Haliburton). So if you add back in Bogie and Haliburton they have about $7 mil. Keeping Jeffries makes it $5.3.

So basically until the Bogie situation is settled we wont have any idea what space is available.

Also, Under contract players plus 3 rookies puts us at 12. Add Jeffries that's 13. So that leaves 2 spots that might be needed to take back players in a Bogie S&T.
so the exception changes above and below the cap correct?

I would say we realistically have:

Fox, Joseph
Buddy, Haliburton James
Barnes, Woodard
Bjelicia, Parker
Holmes, Bagley.

we have extended qualifying offers for Bogi and Jeffries.

Under contract:
Buddy - SG
Barnes - SF/PF
Joseph - PG
Bagley - C/PF
Fox - PG
Bjelica - PF
Parker - PF
Holmes - PF/C
James - SG

2 way contract
Guy - PG

Cap holds
Bazemore $28.9
Bogie $16.2
Len $5.4
Yogi $4.1
HaliBurton $3.8
Brewer $1.7
Jeffries $1.5

They have 3 exemptions
$9.3 mil mid level
$3.6 mil bi annual

Like what Vlade did two years ago and what he should have done last summer, I wouldn't mind McNair holding onto the space and see what things look like at the deadline. This could be the year where a major piece can be aquired and that space will be the key in getting it done. Also it safe guards the Kings to be able to start blowing it up for real and using that space Hinkie style if things don't work out.

Any chance the KINGS could get Davis Bertans? Maybe not as an outright FA signing, but via some other creative means??

I’d love to add another shooter of that caliber for De’Aaron and now Tyrese to be able to find in transition.

Any chance the KINGS could get Davis Bertans? Maybe not as an outright FA signing, but via some other creative means??

I’d love to add another shooter of that caliber for De’Aaron and now Tyrese to be able to find in transition.
Highly unlikely. I think he ends up being the first option for literally every contender who's using their MLE.

For us, my main target is Derrick Jones Jr. Going to just be turning 24 in Feb, he's made significant improvements the past 2 seasons and has turned himself into a super valuable defensive 3/4 flex wing who's an absolute monster in transition and as a roll man/finisher in the PnR. For a role player, he's got a pretty great ability to get to the FT line, which ties directly into his athleticism and ability as a PnR roll man. Defensively, he's incredibly versatile with the ability to switch out onto guards if needed and uses his length and athleticism well. His game matches up with the pace we hopefully plan to play at (something Miami did not do), which I think would really help unlock his game.

Think there's a real opportunity with Miami wanting to leave open cap flexibility for 2021 and also wanting to run back this core (according to Reiley) which means Crowder and Dragic taking a big chunk of their remaining cap. And there's some writing on the wall with drafting Achiuwa that they think Jones Jr might be getting a decent sized offer that they can't match and he can fill that bench defender flex role.

A tweener big that can’t shoot the 3 with history of knee issues. If we want him we can get him. Not a big market for Harry
I think he’s got a chance at improving that 3, might be wishful thinking but he’s headed into what his 4th year? Bigs usually take longer to develop and if he can add a corner 3 in his game it can really open things up and I think I’d like buy low on him while there is not a big market for him like you said

Highly unlikely. I think he ends up being the first option for literally every contender who's using their MLE.

For us, my main target is Derrick Jones Jr. Going to just be turning 24 in Feb, he's made significant improvements the past 2 seasons and has turned himself into a super valuable defensive 3/4 flex wing who's an absolute monster in transition and as a roll man/finisher in the PnR. For a role player, he's got a pretty great ability to get to the FT line, which ties directly into his athleticism and ability as a PnR roll man. Defensively, he's incredibly versatile with the ability to switch out onto guards if needed and uses his length and athleticism well. His game matches up with the pace we hopefully plan to play at (something Miami did not do), which I think would really help unlock his game.

Think there's a real opportunity with Miami wanting to leave open cap flexibility for 2021 and also wanting to run back this core (according to Reiley) which means Crowder and Dragic taking a big chunk of their remaining cap. And there's some writing on the wall with drafting Achiuwa that they think Jones Jr might be getting a decent sized offer that they can't match and he can fill that bench defender flex role.
I think he's a high reward signing, but if Holmes and Bagley are healthy, he doesn't really fit on offense. Even if only one were healthy, you wouldn't want him sharing the floor with one of them and Fox.
So without other moves that's a 10 to 20 minute player at best, and Woodward can likely fill that role.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If the goal is to grab one of these top prospects from next years draft, then I’d be giving the young guys plenty of run this year, deal Bjelica, Cojo, and Bogi, see what we got and who we can build on going forward, see if Bagley can stay healthy, evaluate whether Walton can actually develop AND/OR play the young guys, etc

Seeing how Walton gave the vets 36+ minutes in the last few meaningless bubble games makes me think he’s the wrong guy......aside from the fact he’s not a good coach and misuses players.

Today at 3pm, Sign either Giles or Len, wait out Bogie (S&T,Match,or gone), then see what shakes out for a Deal after all the cap money dries up (Maybe Use an Exception)

The athletic on Giles free agency

“The Kings declined his fourth-year option but could still bring him back at a salary up to $3,976,510, and with new management in Sacramento it’s possible they go that route.

I would have trouble seeing them get outbid, but I suppose it’s possible.”

The athletic on Giles free agency

“The Kings declined his fourth-year option but could still bring him back at a salary up to $3,976,510, and with new management in Sacramento it’s possible they go that route.

I would have trouble seeing them get outbid, but I suppose it’s possible.”
I can see them offering Len the same thing and see who takes it first. If its Giles, you can get a big body center on a 2 way deal, and call him up as needed.

If its Len, then you're set at center.
The way the league is trending, Bagley is more of a 5 that can play some 4, and even Belly is now a 4 who can play some 5.