Free Agency

If OKC does a sign and trade for Gallo and gets assets back from Atlanta and the Kaniz lose a restricted free agent for nothing them I’m officially done as a Kings fans. I can become a fan of another team for much less aggravation.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If OKC does a sign and trade for Gallo and gets assets back from Atlanta and the Kaniz lose a restricted free agent for nothing them I’m officially done as a Kings fans. I can become a fan of another team for much less aggravation.
Bogdanovic is the breaking point? Of all the wild blunders in this franchise, Bogdan is the breaking point?

Everyone gets there eventually I guess. Lol

Bogdanovic is the breaking point? Of all the wild blunders in this franchise, Bogdan is the breaking point?

Everyone gets there eventually I guess. Lol
yes that’s why it’s called a breaking point. Lol

But would prove compared to the Presti and Ainges of the world we again have a 2nd rate GM that can’t play poker. 3rd time is a charm.

McNair has been awesome so far. I could care less if we get if get something for Bogi or not. He didn't push the Kings over the top. Sometimes addition by subtraction is a good thing.
loosing a starting 2 guard (for nothing) who was one of your better players in the bubble is not addition by subtraction. It happens as unrestricted free agents. To loose him as a restricted free agent is GM malpractice.

i crap on the Kings when word of the initial trade went down and then the subsequent tampering. But this seems more like a MIL/Bogi camp issue, not a Kings issue.
I didn’t love it. Would have liked the initial trade more. But you can’t leave the impression teams can take your restricted free agents Willy Nilly.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
loosing a starting 2 guard (for nothing) who was one of your better players in the bubble is not addition by subtraction. It happens as unrestricted free agents. To loose him as a restricted free agent is GM malpractice.
Giving a bloated contract to one of the better players on a team that won like 3 games in the bubble isn’t a good thing. Not having that money tied into him is 100% addition by subtraction.

So I agree that Whiteside is a ******** and has shown zero motivation when he's paid. But if you're a team like the Kings, who have subpar perimeter defenders at the 2 and 3 spot (arguably the most important spots in the league to defend against), getting a 7'1 giant sized, defensive, shot altering center makes a lot of sense.

Squint hard enough and I get the reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t love it. Would have liked the initial trade more. But you can’t leave the impression teams can take your restricted free agents Willy Nilly.
Oh i I agree. Was underwhelmed by the initial trade then disgusted with the aftermath....however it seems to me that the kings are getting screwed here. Not sure what else that can do at this point . But I still would like to know what precludes a S&T with ATL?

Call Atlanta right now, tell them if they make offer sheet
We will match Atlanta's offer sheet, unless we get Huerter and 1st rd pick
If they say the heck with you, match the offer sheet
Sit Bogie at the end of the bench, or just have him stay home
We can only trade Bogie if he approves deal, and cannot trade to Atlanta
but we tell agent we will only do trade if we get Young Player, 1st rd pick, and expirings
Time to play with the big boys Monte!

Bogie, your broke my wife's heart after she spent all year and finally getting a custom Bogie Jersey
So thats how us Bikers Roll

Buddy’s one elite useful skill is more important than Bogi’s mixed bag of above average. And I say that as a guy who doesn’t want anything to do with Buddy either.
Yea, but Bogi doesn't bring the Buddy Love baggage. And, FWIW, I think Bogi is the superior player, because he can handle, dish, and shoot (not at Buddy's level, but...).

Last edited:
I don’t think we’re letting Bogi walk for nothing. I can’t see it

He’ll be very moveable even with a bigger contract IMO. Especially with teams desperate to retool their roster before the season starts in just a few weeks

so, to be clear, if Atlanta offers him obscene money, we should just sign him, "to show them they can't do that"?

Because that's exactly the type of game small market teams play with one another to make sure that the teams that match stay perennial losers.

in fact, we did it to quite a few teams recently. And managed to clear a ton of cap space in the process with smart signings until we kinda blew it last year.

Buddy’s one elite useful skill is more important than Bogi’s mixed bag of above average (sometimes). And I say that as a guy who doesn’t want anything to do with Buddy either.
Yeah. Trading Buddy without at least letting him play under our new assistant coaching staff and raising his trade value would be a huge mistake IMO

Hassan has averaged a double double with 2 blocks and less than 3 fouls per game for 6 straight years on teams better than the kings. Let’s not pretend we are top of the food chain here. We can and have done worse.
And sometimes better is doing nothing. Fit is so key. Bagley and Whiteside aren't a great pick and roll defensive tandem to say the least. Kind of important. Even the Lakers had to eventually ditch the big man duo they ran with.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
And sometimes better is doing nothing. Fit is so key. Bagley and Whiteside aren't a great pick and roll defensive tandem to say the least. Kind of important. Even the Lakers had to eventually ditch the big man duo they ran with.
whatever. At this point it’s on Bagley to fit with whatever’s brought in. Can’t cater to him, because who knows if it will work and who knows how long he’ll even be healthy enough to try.

So I agree that Whiteside is a ********* and has shown zero motivation when he's paid. But if you're a team like the Kings, who have subpar perimeter defenders at the 2 and 3 spot (arguably the most important spots in the league to defend against), getting a 7'1 giant sized, defensive, shot altering center makes a lot of sense.

Squint hard enough and I get the reasoning.
It doesn't take much squinting to see what is working at the NBA level these days though. Two bigs that aren't great shooters and who both struggle guarding down in pick and roll isn't a recipe for success. It's a recipe for disaster.