Free Agency

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Bogdan as an overpaid role-player on a better team behind superior players is probably best for him.

Any team where Bogdan signs and is one of the best players (Ex; us) is an awful team, and forces Bogdan to play like he has the last couple of seasons. I hate his game here, I don’t want him here, but that said I don’t doubt he can really help a team with the right situation around him.

Can one of the CBA experts tell us what is the possibility of a sign and trade for Hayward from a CBA perspective? Give him $25 for 5 (125M) via Boston and swap him and Buddy? With him opting out is that something that can even be done in the CBA?

Then match Boggie up to 17M and play Barnes as your or move him for another piece.

Fox, Boggie, Hayward, barnes and Bagley is a small but balanced and long ranged lineup with high basketball IQ.

Can one of the CBA experts tell us what is the possibility of a sign and trade for Hayward from a CBA perspective? Give him $25 for 5 (125M) via Boston and swap him and Buddy? With him opting out is that something that can even be done in the CBA?

Then match Boggie up to 17M and play Barnes as your or move him for another piece.

Fox, Boggie, Hayward, barnes and Bagley is a small but balanced and long ranged lineup with high basketball IQ.
Boston can sign and trade him. They still have his rights. Sign and trades are for a max of 4 years.

If the goal is to grab one of these top prospects from next years draft, then I’d be giving the young guys plenty of run this year, deal Bjelica, Cojo, and Bogi, see what we got and who we can build on going forward, see if Bagley can stay healthy, evaluate whether Walton can actually develop AND/OR play the young guys, etc

Seeing how Walton gave the vets 36+ minutes in the last few meaningless bubble games makes me think he’s the wrong guy......aside from the fact he’s not a good coach and misuses players.
I think Walton has no excuse either way in playing the youngins because the young guys they drafted aren't years away anyway. Maybe Ramsey is a little raw but he's beyond there physically and if you wrangle him in a bit he can easily contribute on both ends.

I'm not sure what Waltons deal is or if it's true he's a Ranadive guy but a new GM is usually pretty quick to nip it when a team he's starting to put together is looking like crap under a previous regimes coach.

I can see them offering Len the same thing and see who takes it first. If its Giles, you can get a big body center on a 2 way deal, and call him up as needed.

If its Len, then you're set at center.
The way the league is trending, Bagley is more of a 5 that can play some 4, and even Belly is now a 4 who can play some 5.
Yeah, Bagley is a 5 but now that Bjelica is back and hopefully Bagley is healthy the question remains, how does bringing back Giles really do him any good? He brings almost no intangibles other than passing and that ball is for all time now belonging to Fox and Haliburton. Giles has had enough years of working out, watching, and waiting. He needs to find somewhere where he can actually get some exposure to the game. Len brings size so even if he plays 5 mpg he's adding something. Giles won't in that role and that's exactly why he was bounced around the rotation in the bubble even with Bagley out.

Yeah, Bagley is a 5 but now that Bjelica is back and hopefully Bagley is healthy the question remains, how does bringing back Giles really do him any good? He brings almost no intangibles other than passing and that ball is for all time now belonging to Fox and Haliburton. Giles has had enough years of working out, watching, and waiting. He needs to find somewhere where he can actually get some exposure to the game. Len brings size so even if he plays 5 mpg he's adding something. Giles won't in that role and that's exactly why he was bounced around the rotation in the bubble even with Bagley out.
He hasn’t been as productive as one would like but belly won’t be here after this year and probably not after the break either so he might have a chance at carving out a roll. I’m not opposed to another year with him just in case. This clearly isn’t a playoff chasing year anyway

Last edited:
I don't mind that if it means we can end the Bagley era.

And honestly I have a nostalgia for seeing Cuz standing still why the other team go on a fast break after he turned the ball over.

Whiteside fills that void.