Free Agency

We'll be fine without him. Let's look at what we have

Fox, we went all in on him face of the franchise
Buddy, an elite 3 point threat, brings other issues to the table, contract not good...not good for now declines
Halliburton on a rookie scale contract, cheap, jack of all trades potential and full of fire to get started
Cojo an overpaid vet that is pesty

That's all we need.

Next season look to draft either a pesty or scoring PG in the second round. We are fine.

you left out
Kings fan: there is no path to better this year. Don’t lose assets that can make you better in 18 months so we suck for another 6 years
For one of the biggest Bogi fans you sure have little faith in him.

I don't like Bogi but it's pretty obvious he's good enough to make you better to a certain extent. We always hear "We're going to suck anyway" but what always happens? We end up in the 7th or 8th lottery spot (or move up by pure dumb luck like Vlade, but the point stands).

Bottom the eff out already.

I don't like Bogi but it's pretty obvious he's good enough to make you better to a certain extent. We always hear "We're going to suck anyway" but what always happens? We end up in the 7th or 8th lottery spot (or move up by pure dumb luck like Vlade, but the point stands).

Makes literally 0 sense. It'd be one thing if Bogi was the piece to keep us as a competitive playoff team. But with him we're once again hovering in that 8th-12th worst team in the NBA range and spending a ton of money on veterans to do it. Can't think of a worse spot for a franchise to be in.

Here is an idea, what if Bogi is our version of Monta Ellis and letting him go makes the team better. It sure did wonders for Curry.
Fox doesn’t have half the talent Curry has/had Bogi wasn’t holding Fox back and isn’t a chucker. This is shades of the “Fox is an elite shooter “ talk people were saying when he got hot for a week

I suppose if they match, then Bogi is the tank commander and we can assure ourselves of a top 3 pick
Kings aren’t going to be bad enough with or without Bogi to be in the top 3. The team won 38 games the season before last and were likely to be around the same or slightly better if not for the rash of injuries last season. The roster has not suffered any significant subtractions to believe they are all of a sudden near the bottom 3 of the league. Losing Bogi wouldn’t ensure that, keeping Bogie would ensure that it wouldn’t happen.

The Kings aren’t tanking. I’m not making a statement on whether they should or shouldn’t....I’m just making the observation that it simply isn’t happening

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings aren’t going to be bad enough with or without Bogi to be in the top 3. The team won 38 games the season before last and were likely to be around the same or slightly better if not for the rash of injuries last season. The roster has not suffered any significant subtractions to believe they are all of a sudden near the bottom 3 of the league. Losing Bogi wouldn’t ensure that, keeping Bogie would ensure that it wouldn’t happen.

The Kings aren’t tanking. I’m not making a statement on whether they should or shouldn’t....I’m just making the observation that it simply isn’t happening
Who are the Kings currently better than in the West? Or the east for that matter?

well you know what I think of the 3 guard line-up... lol.

more than one way to bottom out.

I love how some people still play jokes on FIBA basketball after all the Doncic saga. And again, and again,...
People need their scapegoats and ignore their achievements and embellish the warts. Same could be said for those backing bogi though. As someone that likes both but can see both go, I find it funny reading both sides

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People need their scapegoats and ignore their achievements and embellish the warts. Same could be said for those backing bogi though. As someone that likes both but can see both go, I find it funny reading both sides
The thing is that the only people making this about Bogi versus Buddy are apparently the ones who want us to keep both. I personally think we need a hard reset there since both dudes are going to be 30 before we’re actually in any position to seriously compete again.

Could an argument be made we will be better this year as is?

Fox missed a bunch of games -> maybe healthy?
Bagley missed most of season-> big leap & health?
Buddy down year-> return to norm?
Drama over starting role-> defined roles

now the argument against is other teams improved more.
I’m not suggesting playoffs but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if this was a better team than last year. Unfortunately that would leave us out of the top picks.

Ok going to talk logically, well try to size everything up

The new Bogi contract with the kicker is going to end up being a net negative as far as value is concerned around the league. Sure you can take worse salary back and try to sell him later, but do we really want to invest in him?

With both Buddy & Bogi on the team together, each of them are less valuable as far as trade assets. They simply get in each others way sometimes.

We are on the hook for a large Buddy & Barnes contract all ready.

We are not going to make the playoffs next season, may as well develop.

I question at this new salary and kicker if he's even an asset after that.

Think we should let him go, sucks we can't do a S&T, oh well. Signing him is an all in move, and for what reward are we going to gamble for? Not very much.
if you agree the contract is a net negative I agree. But I don’t think it is

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I’m not suggesting playoffs but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if this was a better team than last year. Unfortunately that would leave us out of the top picks.
The thing is that with the evened out lottery odds, you don’t even need to be bad bad, just bad enough to have a shot. Plus the 2021 draft is deep enough that not being in the immediate suck zone doesn’t preclude you from potentially grabbing a future star.

I’m not sure there is a big leap with Bagley. He is flirting with bust territory. The good news is we structured contracts thinking we would have to pay him and I doubt we will.