Free Agency

Should match that. trade buddy
Buddy will make a few million more but he's a superior player and his skills should be used in a much more efficient way with Haliburton handling the ball. (Walton willing)

Bogdan's skills overlap with Haliburton's, which makes him less valuable to us. That's a lot of money to pay to a ball handler that won't get to handle the ball as much. Now you're paying $18mil for a player who doesn't get to utilize one of his plus skills very often and is only an average to slightly above average shooter. Tack on his slightly below average defense and I don't see the point in keeping him unless it's strictly to trade him later.

I guess no sign and trade to atl. They have the space, just thought they’d save some money for Collins extension
If Bogi hasn't signed the offer yet, can the teams still negotiate for the Kings not to match? Or maybe the Kings can get a little side trade to not match. The Hawks have a pretty full roster.

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
Atlanta’s offer sheet for Bogdanovic has been ready to go for several days now. Them making it a formality puts the pressure on Bogdanovic to sign it now instead of waiting on other potential offers such as one that Boston could make if it works with CHA.

Doesn't he mean if it DOESN'T work with CHA?

Sam Amick @sam_amick
Source says the Harry Giles deal with Portland (reported earlier by @Shams Charania) is for the minimum. Great pick-up by the Blazers. Harry still has big upside, and is a fan favorite/great locker room guy type.

Was wondering if it was the minimum.
So, basically McNair did not want to re-sign Harry. Harry leaving is now a McNair decision, not on Vlade anymore. The Kings could had easily re-signed Harry, if they chose. It is McNair's decision that we lost Harry now.

I wish Harry the best. I sure hope this doesn't end up biting the Kings in the rear. In the end, McNair probably didn't see the value of a big man that can't (or hasn't shown) he can shoot the 3. :(

dude12

Hall of Famer
So, basically McNair did not want to re-sign Harry. Harry leaving is now a McNair decision, not on Vlade anymore. The Kings could had easily re-signed Harry, if they chose. It is McNair's decision that we lost Harry now.

I wish Harry the best. I sure hope this doesn't end up biting the Kings in the rear. In the end, McNair probably didn't see the value of a big man that can't (or hasn't shown) he can shoot the 3. :(
He’s also not good at defense......on a team full of players not good at defense. Love his intangibles......but it’s ok for me

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones
The Kings didn’t draft Tyrese Halliburton to stick him behind Buddy and Bogi. I think Bogi is gone, but who knows And not matching an offer sheet for Bogi would not be the worst decision. Have to tear this thing down eventually to fix it.
It seems a common trait among McNair's draft picks is basketball "IQ," whatever that is. I wonder if "either or" which one he would prefer, Buddy or Bogi? This is where I would love a crystal ball.

He signed, they included a trade kicker?

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
Bogdan Bogdanovic has signed his four-year offer sheet worth $72 million from the Atlanta Hawks, league sources say The deal, I'm told, includes a player option in Year 4 and 15-percent trade kicker for the restricted free agent The Kings will have 48 hours to match

If Sac doesn’t match Bogi, I’m ok with that. Id rather lose him for nothing rather than tie him up with that salary. Let McNair work n a different direction
Just sucks to lose him for nothing when we had opportunities to trade him last year when it was obvious the team wasn't going anywhere.

That would have meant Vlade admitting defeat, which was never going to happen. Such a wasteful situation. Especially when we know he could have gotten a player at the level of Divincenzo who is essentially equal to having the 10th or 12th pick in the draft.

What the hell is Amicl talking about?

Sam Amick @sam_amick
More details on the Bogdan Bogdanovic deal with Atlanta (with Kings having 48 hours to match), per source to @TheAthletic: Trade kicker of 15%, aforementioned player option in Year No. 4. If Kings match, Bogdan would have, in essence, a no-trade clause for one year.

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones
The Kings didn’t draft Tyrese Halliburton to stick him behind Buddy and Bogi. I think Bogi is gone, but who knows And not matching an offer sheet for Bogi would not be the worst decision. Have to tear this thing down eventually to fix it.
And at the same time this team is in in no position to just let talent walk out the door. Not sure the upside here. It’s not like the kings are a FA destination

The no trade clause is just for the first season. So the Kings don’t match just for the sake of finding a trade partner for Bogdan. I don’t think he eligible for a full no trade clause contract. I thought that was for third contracts. I think they should match. Money wise per year I don’t think it’s an overpay or too off from what he turned down before. It’s still moveable in the coming years or even the next season if he waives. The only thing I don’t like is the 4th year...but like I said, I don’t think Bogi is as big a can as many on this forum do so he would still hold value as a player and an asset.

Can’t believe Atlanta wouldn’t budge on anything on their bloated roster.