Free Agency

In the trade kicker, kings have to pay it. Making it harder to trade
The new salary after the trade becomes higher too for the cap I'm pretty sure. So although whoever signs him would pay it, their cap space is hit by it.

Good news is trade kickers only apply to contract time left, so if we did match we can't trade him in the first season anyways.

More details on kickers here.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/12/hoops-rumors-glossary-trade-kickers.html

Seriously, it's a no brainer despite the trade kicker.
I agree. It's a no brainier not to match.

Keeping Bogi means the same issue of not enough minutes at SG for he and Buddy, let alone Haliburton.

To tie up over $45 million at the SG spot where we know one or both guys will be unhappy and one or both also won't get the kind of minutes needed to put up the kind of numbers to make them attractive trade assets.

My hope this offseason was to trade Hield and re-sign Bogdanovic so at least we weren't losing an asset for nothing. Not to mention the team played better with Bogdan starting and he'd be the cheaper of the two.

But with Buddy not being traded and no sign-and-trade available for Bogdanovic, the harsh reality is that unless McNair can find a deal for Hield before the deadline to match Atlanta's offer sheet it just doesn't make sense.

If you have a deal lined up for Hield, I'm fine eating Bogi for at least a year and seeing how Fox/Bogi/Hali works as a trio. But I think the biggest mistake we could do is have all 3 back and Haliburton gets squeezed out of consistent playing time next season.

Healthy Bagley, Haliburton, Woodard, DQJ should be the priority next season. Start developing the young guys and seeing what direction we need to go in for the future. We already know what Fox/Bogi/Buddy/Barnes/Holmes/Bjelica is.... not a playoff team. Wasting more time running that out there doesn't make sense.

Buddy (package) for
John wall?
Wiggins?
No thanks. On either. Even if Wall is close to what he once was he makes no sense as a backup to Fox and neither is a good enough shooter to play them together.

As for Wiggins he's an awful contract is really just an empty calories scorer who is terrible on defense. Based on the draft, I'd say he's clearly not a McNair type player.

No thanks. On either. Even if Wall is close to what he once was he makes no sense as a backup to Fox and neither is a good enough shooter to play them together.

As for Wiggins he's an awful contract is really just an empty calories scorer who is terrible on defense. Based on the draft, I'd say he's clearly not a McNair type player.
Id be open to a Buddy for Wiggins type deal if Golden State sent that 2021 Timberwolves pick back. Otherwise, no thanks

I agree. It's a no brainier not to match.

Keeping Bogi means the same issue of not enough minutes at SG for he and Buddy, let alone Haliburton.

To tie up over $45 million at the SG spot where we know one or both guys will be unhappy and one or both also won't get the kind of minutes needed to put up the kind of numbers to make them attractive trade assets.

My hope this offseason was to trade Hield and re-sign Bogdanovic so at least we weren't losing an asset for nothing. Not to mention the team played better with Bogdan starting and he'd be the cheaper of the two.

But with Buddy not being traded and no sign-and-trade available for Bogdanovic, the harsh reality is that unless McNair can find a deal for Hield before the deadline to match Atlanta's offer sheet it just doesn't make sense.
I agree, but at what point do they stop letting assets/talent walk out the door for nothing? This crap gets old

If you have a deal lined up for Hield, I'm fine eating Bogi for at least a year and seeing how Fox/Bogi/Hali works as a trio. But I think the biggest mistake we could do is have all 3 back and Haliburton gets squeezed out of consistent playing time next season.

Healthy Bagley, Haliburton, Woodard, DQJ should be the priority next season. Start developing the young guys and seeing what direction we need to go in for the future. We already know what Fox/Bogi/Buddy/Barnes/Holmes/Bjelica is.... not a playoff team. Wasting more time running that out there doesn't make sense.
This. 100% agreement from me. The only reason to match on Bogi is if there's a good deal for Buddy in place.

Let's see what the Kings have in Hali and Bagley. Best case scenario they are an impact forward away from making some noise with a strong draft coming up with some guys that would be great fits.

Nope, just last year Buddy was 39 percent, but He is career 41 percent. Last year Luke had Buddy doing way to much. Hopefully Gentry helps get Buddy into a better role.
For the previous three seasons Buddy was a 43% 3pt shooter.

And while Bogi does have more of an all around game it's not like they are miles apart. Per 36 Buddy is the better rebounder (5.3 compared to 4.2), Bogi is the better passer (4.2 to Buddy's 3.5) and neither is a good defender.

Well Bazemore just signed with Golden State so don’t know if that is telling or not on if the Kings match.
Again, probably a good thing. You have 2 young forwards on your bench who should get an opportunity to play this season. Not that Baze swung up to guard much, but you also have Hali who figures to play a lot of the 2 this season. Baze is good, but he's best served on a team that's competing for a championship, not a team that's going to struggle to win 28 games.

I think we have a GM who will avoid these problems in the future. He’s inheriting someone else’s mess and trying to hit the reset button
if we were for sure trying to win this year I would perhaps let him walk. But we aren’t going to do much else with that money and Bogi and Buddy become more tradeable at the end of this year.

play 3 guards and suck for a year. Get a top pick and then make your call. It’s not like Bogi is an un-moveable deal.

We don’t need a buddy trade today monte should match we have all year to get value from buddy and we can always trade bogi after 1year no kicker then bogie will still have value next year to us get value for both players we are gonna suck anyway we get a good pick next year win win win