Forecasting Bagley

What is the most likely outcome for Marvin Bagley III?

• Total voters
If Bagley does indeed have Covid, add it to the list of excuses for any sub-par play, amongst "hasn't played enough games - game hasn't slowed down" and "coming back from injury".

If Bagley does indeed have Covid, add it to the list of excuses for any sub-par play, amongst "hasn't played enough games - game hasn't slowed down" and "coming back from injury".
Is it an excuse if it is reality? Sometimes an excuse is simply an explanation. How one interprets/takes a statement may say more about the disposition of the interpreter than the one being analyzed.

And yes, cop outs are sometimes just that, cop outs.

Hoping for the best. Despite all the criticism he gets and all the issues he's had so far with his health, he still has so much potential as a player. I really hope he's used this long layover to refine his game.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Staying healthy is a skill. Otherwise, Penny Hardaway would be in the conversation for a top 5 all time player. Brandon Roy would be wrapping up a HOFer career...
Hey, how about Grant Hill. If there is a positive to his injuries, it's that none are of the type that end a career. One was a broken finger, and the other a foot sprain. No ACL's or anything of that type. So hopefully, he'll finally get his career started and become the player we thought we drafted.

With Marvin coming back this again gets really, really dicey. It's again more and more clear, this team isn't the same playing big. It's already been a squeeze with just Bjelica and Holmes minutes wise then they'll be adding Whiteside too. 3 bigs minutes wise has been the limit thusfar in the preseason and we're talking 5. Oh boy, this could be a struggle if they don't find something inside they haven't yet or Luke doesn't make the right call should it become necessary. Scary, scary thought lol.

Hey, how about Grant Hill. If there is a positive to his injuries, it's that none are of the type that end a career. One was a broken finger, and the other a foot sprain. No ACL's or anything of that type. So hopefully, he'll finally get his career started and become the player we thought we drafted.
I'm still high on his potential. Just hope he plays a full season.

With Marvin coming back this again gets really, really dicey. It's again more and more clear, this team isn't the same playing big. It's already been a squeeze with just Bjelica and Holmes minutes wise then they'll be adding Whiteside too. 3 bigs minutes wise has been the limit thusfar in the preseason and we're talking 5. Oh boy, this could be a struggle if they don't find something inside they haven't yet or Luke doesn't make the right call should it become necessary. Scary, scary thought lol.
With Whiteside, Holmes is redundant. Bjelica, as much as I like him (I have his jersey), is a bit difficult to hide on D if he is guarding 4s. My bigman rotation would be Holmes and Whiteside compete for minutes, Bjelica comes off the bench to switch up our look on O, and Bagley receives the most minutes. I dont see a valid reason to do it differently. Not really interested in Barnes at 4, unless he is in there to run a *GULP* small-ball lineup with Whiteside prowling around the rim.

With Whiteside, Holmes is redundant. Bjelica, as much as I like him (I have his jersey), is a bit difficult to hide on D if he is guarding 4s. My bigman rotation would be Holmes and Whiteside compete for minutes, Bjelica comes off the bench to switch up our look on O, and Bagley receives the most minutes. I dont see a valid reason to do it differently. Not really interested in Barnes at 4, unless he is in there to run a *GULP* small-ball lineup with Whiteside prowling around the rim.
Bagley/Holmes front court with Fox not being a shooter is suicide. The good teams have guys like barnes at PF or Bagley at center

I’ll just keep repeating—McNair is not paying $14M for a center, which is what Bagley will cost next year. Bagley either shows an inkling of being a superstar big wing/power forward or he gets traded in the offseason. If Bagley is a center, it won’t be for the Kings.