Following Potential *2020* Draftees

I must say, I'm surprised by the lack of attention to Obi Toppin. I'll say this right now. He's going to be a star in the NBA. There are some players that just emit an aura of stardom. And Toppin is one of those players. I realize he played in a mid-level conference, but he dominated that conference, and he did it with flair. You won't find a more confident player in this draft. He's built like Karl Malone, and runs the floor like him as well. Unlike Okongwu, Toppin can score from anywhere on the floor. Both players are 6'9" and both are elite athlete's, but Toppin shot 39.0% from the three while Okongwu shot 25%.

Okongwu hangs his hat on blocking shots, and he does that well, but he plays a centers game and at his size, he'll struggle against the Steven Adams of the world. Now it's possible he expands his offensive game and moves to PF. He's a good kid and a hard worker. I'll give him the nod defensively over Toppin, but Toppin isn't a total liability and he more than makes up for it on the other side of the ball. Besides, he may be the most entertaining player in the draft.

I love Obi a lot....if we didn't have Bagley. His offensive game is perfect for today's game and I think his athleticism plays perfectly next to Fox. There's enough defensive potential there as well where I don't think he'll be a total sieve. I'm also a little weary of his breakout age and him only really being dominant this past season.

The issue is I just don't know how Bagley and him can ever be a good enough defensive front-court. Offensively, I think it could work great with Obi's ability to shoot, but we do have to somewhat try and stop somebody at some point. And there are some really good picks in this draft with good upside, fit the modern game and can enhance Fox and Bagley's skill-set.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I love Obi a lot....if we didn't have Bagley. His offensive game is perfect for today's game and I think his athleticism plays perfectly next to Fox. There's enough defensive potential there as well where I don't think he'll be a total sieve. I'm also a little weary of his breakout age and him only really being dominant this past season.

The issue is I just don't know how Bagley and him can ever be a good enough defensive front-court. Offensively, I think it could work great with Obi's ability to shoot, but we do have to somewhat try and stop somebody at some point. And there are some really good picks in this draft with good upside, fit the modern game and can enhance Fox and Bagley's skill-set.
Would you rather have Bjelica at PF or Toppin at PF? At the moment, Bagley is considered a center, and I'm not quite sure why everyone assumes that Bagley will be a bad defender. He's certainlly athletic enough to be a good defender, it's just a matter of learning how. Most players like Bagley that were stars in highschool and one year of college haven't been asked to play much defense up to now.. You can't look at a 19 year kid and pass judgement on where he'll be 3 years from now. He has good enough length, good lateral quickness, and he can jump out of the building. It's just a matter of learning how to use his god given abilities.

As for Toppin's age, you know I could care less. I remember touting Brogden as a possible 2nd rd pick for the Kings and I was bombarded with, he's too old. I think most of those concerned about his age would take him on the team right now. One last thing. Someone inferred that he was a one year wonder. Not so!

Freshman yr: 26.5 mpg - 14.4 ppg - 66.6% fgp - 52.4% 3pp - 5.6 rpg - 0.8 blks - 0.6 stl's
Sophmore yr: 31.6 mpg - 20.0 ppg - 67.4% fgp - 39.0% 3pp - 7.5 rpg - 1.2 blks - 1.0 stl's

He had a very solid freshman year and did what you wanted him to do, he got better his sophmore year.

I respect your opinion but we just disagree on Achiuwa. Studies have shown free throw percentage is the best predictor of pro shooting ability. That is why I weigh that number.

Compare Williams and Achiuwa. Both shot .320 ish from 3. But Williams shot .838 from the line and Achiuwa shot .599. His lower body form is poor.
Just seeing this convo now. I agree that if you squint hard enough, there are shades of Siakam in Achiuwa’s game. An athletic big, who likes to face up and then whirlwind to the rim. Plus the raw athleticism. I just have no faith in the Kings being able to develop him.

Note: my reply is to the thread btn Bajaden n Sactowndog on Achiuwa. The quote only captured Sactowndog’s response.

If you had watched any of his games you would know why. He was terrible.. Very good athlete, but he has a lot of work to do.
Thanks I haven't watched him at all. Just read about him months ago and was surprised at his drop. Makes sense.

I had the same thought, but for Cole Anthony. Wasn’t he supposed to go top 3? Dude looks very pedestrian to me. Best case: Andre Miller.
Just looking at his stats I'd say that his efficiency did him in.

Nesmith is interesting. Stupid good shooter but very weak shot creation and play making abilities. Poor man's Buddy Hield? Next Klay Thompson? Future Kyle Korver? Seth Curry with an NBA body? Derrick Williams flash in the pan college efficiency?

Interesting. Both Sam Vecenie of the Athletic and Kevin O’Connor of the Ringer have the Kings taking Saddiq Bey in their post-lottery mock drafts. Obviously it’s too early for these to be based off reporting (plus I’m sure it’s hard to get a read from the Kings FO right now!) but telling that two draft watchers see the same fit here.

edit: just noticed they both have the Spurs selecting Nesmith, too

edit 2: Vecenie has since edited his mock, which has the Kings taking Patrick Williams now. But apparently Givony at ESPN has the Kings taking Bey, too.

Last edited:
Thanks I haven't watched him at all. Just read about him months ago and was surprised at his drop. Makes sense.

Nesmith is interesting. Stupid good shooter but very weak shot creation and play making abilities. Poor man's Buddy Hield? Next Klay Thompson? Future Kyle Korver? Seth Curry with an NBA body? Derrick Williams flash in the pan college efficiency?
Regarding Nesmith, from the highlights, I don't see the above average athleticism that his scouting reports says he has. I haven't watched a full game of his, so maybe I'm missing something.

The player who I got Buddy vibes is Saddiq Bey. Like a SF version of him. The shot is low--like mid level, but he gets it off and it's consistent. I didn't see any defensive highlights (unlike Vassel) so I'm assuming he's mostly a one way player. But his one NBA skill level is shooting, so at #12, grabbing him will insure that he's going to have some long term value.

Interesting. Both Sam Vecenie of the Athletic and Kevin O’Connor of the Ringer have the Kings taking Saddiq Bey in their post-lottery mock drafts. Obviously it’s too early for these to be based off reporting (plus I’m sure it’s hard to get a read from the Kings FO right now!) but telling that two draft watchers see the same fit here.

Check out some highlights of Bey on tankathon.

Would you rather have Bjelica at PF or Toppin at PF? At the moment, Bagley is considered a center, and I'm not quite sure why everyone assumes that Bagley will be a bad defender. He's certainlly athletic enough to be a good defender, it's just a matter of learning how. Most players like Bagley that were stars in highschool and one year of college haven't been asked to play much defense up to now.. You can't look at a 19 year kid and pass judgement on where he'll be 3 years from now. He has good enough length, good lateral quickness, and he can jump out of the building. It's just a matter of learning how to use his god given abilities.

As for Toppin's age, you know I could care less. I remember touting Brogden as a possible 2nd rd pick for the Kings and I was bombarded with, he's too old. I think most of those concerned about his age would take him on the team right now. One last thing. Someone inferred that he was a one year wonder. Not so!

Freshman yr: 26.5 mpg - 14.4 ppg - 66.6% fgp - 52.4% 3pp - 5.6 rpg - 0.8 blks - 0.6 stl's
Sophmore yr: 31.6 mpg - 20.0 ppg - 67.4% fgp - 39.0% 3pp - 7.5 rpg - 1.2 blks - 1.0 stl's

He had a very solid freshman year and did what you wanted him to do, he got better his sophmore year.
Bjelica if I'm trying to win next year, because Toppin's best skill is his offensive skill-set and Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Toppin-Bagley are a lot of mouths to feed. And if I care about maximizing Bagley and Fox, the guys I want being my franchise cornerstones, I'm prioritizing fit around their talent when the talent gap isn't overtly skewed in one direction.

I had the same thought, but for Cole Anthony. Wasn’t he supposed to go top 3? Dude looks very pedestrian to me. Best case: Andre Miller.

He should be a much better shooter than Miller. Cole is the type of PG that does really well in the NBA. He has good potential as a shooter off the pick and roll which automatically could make you a star with the right team in this current era, lol.

I like the Danny Green comps I've seen. I'm underwhelmed with most of the guards/wings in this draft.

I'd be disappointed to see him over some of the bigs. He could be a good player but I see Robert Covington more than anything. I'd rather go upside with someone like Precious, Oturu, or Stewart.

Nice knowing where we pick.
Going off clips I’m not big on Saddiq Bey. He has legit size for a SF but Vassell looks so much more fluid. I also think Vassell can play SG as well as SF. He will likely be gone at 12 but if our new GM can work something out great otherwise its Lewis I'm interested in assuming he’s still available.

Anyone have favourites for our 2nd rounders? We have 3, so I'd like to take some fliers on high potential guys, or Euros we can develop, instead of what we usually do (either sell them for cash or take a 4 year player).

Some guys that interest me:

Aleksej Pokusevski (probably goes mid first round but who knows)
Jay Scrubb (JUCO but high potential)
Yam Madar (young Israeli PG, talented and fearless)
Leandro Bolmaro (another talented young player for Barca)
Isaiah Stewart (value if available)
Vernon Carey (value if available)
Daniel Otoru (value if available)
Markus Howard (undersized but buckets, 6th man)

Anyone have favourites for our 2nd rounders? We have 3, so I'd like to take some fliers on high potential guys, or Euros we can develop, instead of what we usually do (either sell them for cash or take a 4 year player).

From Veccenie’s mock, Pokusevski or Bolmaro. A 7 ft big with handles and a shot. A playmaking 6’8 fwd. but I need to see some vids first. Lolzzz.

Regarding Nesmith, from the highlights, I don't see the above average athleticism that his scouting reports says he has. I haven't watched a full game of his, so maybe I'm missing something.

The player who I got Buddy vibes is Saddiq Bey. Like a SF version of him. The shot is low--like mid level, but he gets it off and it's consistent. I didn't see any defensive highlights (unlike Vassel) so I'm assuming he's mostly a one way player. But his one NBA skill level is shooting, so at #12, grabbing him will insure that he's going to have some long term value.
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/aaron-nesmith/

Those guys have his athleticism as a big part of his weakness.

Bey really does move a lot like Buddy with the ball in his hands but that's not a good thing. The low shot is consistent with Buddy as well. Good shot and willing passer...should find himself as a solid 3&D guy in the NBA if he can put it all together.

I've talked about it in other threads but I think the Kings need to take chances and go for something more than guys who project out to be role players. You can surround Fox with all the Covington and Danny Green type players you want but that's still not enough to get you into the playoffs. Some of these guys would go great along side Harden, Luka or Lebron but their talents would be wasted in Sacramento.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/aaron-nesmith/

Those guys have his athleticism as a big part of his weakness.

Bey really does move a lot like Buddy with the ball in his hands but that's not a good thing. The low shot is consistent with Buddy as well. Good shot and willing passer...should find himself as a solid 3&D guy in the NBA if he can put it all together.

I've talked about it in other threads but I think the Kings need to take chances and go for something more than guys who project out to be role players. You can surround Fox with all the Covington and Danny Green type players you want but that's still not enough to get you into the playoffs. Some of these guys would go great along side Harden, Luka or Lebron but their talents would be wasted in Sacramento.
Regarding Nesmith, here's Givony:
Strengths
- Possesses an impressive physical profile at 6-foot-6, 213 pounds, with a near 7-foot wingspan. Above average athlete whose strength and length give him good upside to grow into on both ends of the floor.
- Arguably the best shooter in the draft. Made more than four 3-pointers per game and converted 50% of his attempts. Can hit jumpers in a variety of ways off movement, screens, pull-ups and difficult spot-ups with a hand in his face. Career 83% free throw shooter.
- Lauded for his work ethic and leadership.
Improvement areas
- Played only 14 games due to a stress fracture in his foot. Team played a weak out-of-conference schedule, limiting NBA scouts' opportunities to evaluate him against quality competition.
- Not a prolific shot-creator. Average ball handler who has plenty of room to improve his passing.
- Has good tools and versatility defensively but didn't always make a major impact. Gets beat off the dribble -- not the rangiest or most agile defender.

Projected role: Versatile, shooting wing

I'll go with NBAdraft.net's eval. I don't see an above average NBA athlete.

Regarding Nesmith, here's Givony:
Strengths
- Possesses an impressive physical profile at 6-foot-6, 213 pounds, with a near 7-foot wingspan. Above average athlete whose strength and length give him good upside to grow into on both ends of the floor.
- Arguably the best shooter in the draft. Made more than four 3-pointers per game and converted 50% of his attempts. Can hit jumpers in a variety of ways off movement, screens, pull-ups and difficult spot-ups with a hand in his face. Career 83% free throw shooter.
- Lauded for his work ethic and leadership.
Improvement areas
- Played only 14 games due to a stress fracture in his foot. Team played a weak out-of-conference schedule, limiting NBA scouts' opportunities to evaluate him against quality competition.
- Not a prolific shot-creator. Average ball handler who has plenty of room to improve his passing.
- Has good tools and versatility defensively but didn't always make a major impact. Gets beat off the dribble -- not the rangiest or most agile defender.

Projected role: Versatile, shooting wing

I'll go with NBAdraft.net's eval. I don't see an above average NBA athlete.
I don't see an above average athlete as well but the rest of that looks fairly accurate from what I've seen.

bajaden did a good write up on him a few pages back

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/following-potential-2020-draftees.71747/post-1507320

I think he's a fairly safe pick in at worst you've got a guy who can be a 3&D type with a lot of emphasis on the 3 and lesser emphasis on the D but his lack of handling and shot creation give him a lower ceiling as far as finding a legit #2 for this team.

We really need someone who can drive and kick or someone that can be more like Lillard, Lou Williams or Redick beyond the arc where they can just shoot it and make it no matter if their feet are set or what the situation is.

In the end if they got him and he turned into Hield with average defense but less shot creation talent, then it would still be a better draft pick than 90% of the others they've whiffed on.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

If you were to read the mock draft I posted some time ago, I had the Kings taking Bey. I think he's a solid choice who could develop into more than just a rotational player. He's a Villanova guy and they always seem to succeed in the NBA. Shows Jay Wright is very good at developing players when you consider he seldom recruits top 20 players.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

First, Nesmith is one of the best shooters to come out of college in a long, long time. He shot not 42% for the three, but 52%, and he did it taking almost 8 three's a game. I wouldn't call him an elite athlete, but he's an above average athlete. In all the games I saw, he never had any trouble getting his shot, and he has a lightning quick release. As for Bey's defense, he was the best defender on the Villanova team, and game after game, he was asked to guard the best player on the other team, regardless of position.. He knows how to play the game. The area he needs to improve on is his rebounding. I probably saw Bey play 15 times. Nesmith, maybe only 5 time.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't see an above average athlete as well but the rest of that looks fairly accurate from what I've seen.

bajaden did a good write up on him a few pages back

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/following-potential-2020-draftees.71747/post-1507320

I think he's a fairly safe pick in at worst you've got a guy who can be a 3&D type with a lot of emphasis on the 3 and lesser emphasis on the D but his lack of handling and shot creation give him a lower ceiling as far as finding a legit #2 for this team.

We really need someone who can drive and kick or someone that can be more like Lillard, Lou Williams or Redick beyond the arc where they can just shoot it and make it no matter if their feet are set or what the situation is.

In the end if they got him and he turned into Hield with average defense but less shot creation talent, then it would still be a better draft pick than 90% of the others they've whiffed on.
Well, if that's what your looking for, then you have to take a hard look at Kira Lewis. There's also the mystery man, Cole Anthony, who may be far better than he showed at North Carolina. Both players can get anywhere they want on the court. I love Lewis, but at 6'3" and only weighing around 165 Lb's, he needs to get into a weight room and work his butt off. He's lightning quick with an explosive first step. Not as quick as Fox, but a far better shooter at the same point in time.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I'll be stunned if Daniel Oturu doesn't go in the 1st rd. Very talented kid and one of the big's in the draft that can step out and shoot the three. I posted a thread with many of the players that I would want in the 2nd rd. Some of which were:

Paul Reed: 6'9", PF, De Paul. (was a 20 and 10 guy every night, absolute steal in 2nd rd, non stop motor)
Sam Merrill: 6'5", combo guard, Utah St. (he can shoot, 42% from three, good handles and he defends)
Robert Woodard: 6'7", SF/SG, Miss St. (42% from the three and good defender)
Cassius Stanley: 6'6", SF/SG, Duke (underrated player who hits big shots)
Desmond Bane: 6'6", SG, TCU (shot 44.2% from the three)
Immanuel Quickley: 6'3", combo guard, Kentucky (at times the best player on Kentucky, 43% from three, great handles, good defender)
Killian Tillie: 6'10", PF, Gonzaga (my favorite player in the 2nd rd, if not for age, and injuries, would be a lottery pick)
Malachi Flynn: 6'1", PG, San Diego St. (tough hard nosed, heart and soul of a team guy)
Tyler Bey: 6'7", SF, Colorado
Ayo Dosunmu: 6'5", combo guard, Illinois (needs to improve his perimeter shot)

I think Pokusevski, Stewart, Oturu, and Carey all go in the bottom half of the first round. I like Scrubb and I think I did a write up on him, but not sure. Madar I didn't get to see play much so no opinion. Bolmaro is definitely a player to consider. Howard can shoot the ball, but I have an aversion to midget PG's. If for some reason Stewart slides down to the 2nd rd, then grab him and go home happy. I think he's a very underrated player. Ditto Carey. But it's not going to happen.

By the way, for all you people out there that rely mostly on Mock Drafts for you info, I recommend you go with Sam Vecenie. He does his homework and I have a lot of respect for him. NBA Draft.Net is at the bottom of my list. Half the time they have no idea what their talking about

Edit: One more note on Bolmaro. I think the kid is 1st rd talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the bottom of the 1st rd. To me, I would comp him as a poor man's Luka Doncic. Excellent ball handler who can get to the basket and a terrific passer for a 6'7" SG/PG/SF. He doesn't shoot the ball well from the three. Under 30% on average, but he was his teams primary ball handler, and one has to wonder how much better he might shoot if he were able to play off the ball more. His form looks fine, so I think better shot selection and a little more hard work could make a big difference. He could be a steal in the 2nd rd.

Last edited:
I'll be stunned if Daniel Oturu doesn't go in the 1st rd. Very talented kid and one of the big's in the draft that can step out and shoot the three. I posted a thread with many of the players that I would want in the 2nd rd. Some of which were:

Paul Reed: 6'9", PF, De Paul. (was a 20 and 10 guy every night, absolute steal in 2nd rd, non stop motor)
Sam Merrill: 6'5", combo guard, Utah St. (he can shoot, 42% from three, good handles and he defends)
Robert Woodard: 6'7", SF/SG, Miss St. (42% from the three and good defender)
Cassius Stanley: 6'6", SF/SG, Duke (underrated player who hits big shots)
Desmond Bane: 6'6", SG, TCU (shot 44.2% from the three)
Immanuel Quickley: 6'3", combo guard, Kentucky (at times the best player on Kentucky, 43% from three, great handles, good defender)
Killian Tillie: 6'10", PF, Gonzaga (my favorite player in the 2nd rd, if not for age, and injuries, would be a lottery pick)
Malachi Flynn: 6'1", PG, San Diego St. (tough hard nosed, heart and soul of a team guy)
Tyler Bey: 6'7", SF, Colorado
Ayo Dosunmu: 6'5", combo guard, Illinois (needs to improve his perimeter shot)

I think Pokusevski, Stewart, Oturu, and Carey all go in the bottom half of the first round. I like Scrubb and I think I did a write up on him, but not sure. Madar I didn't get to see play much so no opinion. Bolmaro is definitely a player to consider. Howard can shoot the ball, but I have an aversion to midget PG's. If for some reason Stewart slides down to the 2nd rd, then grab him and go home happy. I think he's a very underrated player. Ditto Carey. But it's not going to happen.

By the way, for all you people out there that rely mostly on Mock Drafts for you info, I recommend you go with Sam Vecenie. He does his homework and I have a lot of respect for him. NBA Draft.Net is at the bottom of my list. Half the time they have no idea what their talking about
I used to watch a ton of college hoops when the Bruins were relevant and disagreed with Vicene on a lot of his views regarding PAC 12 players. Especially Fultz. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s good, definitely in tier 1 of reporter/scouts. Along with the old Dxexpress guys. But Vecenie also does a lot of info gathering from scouts/GMs/agents rather than providing his own first hand, original analysis, which can lead to some fast food, echo chamber, band wagon analysis from him.

This year, the only player I’ll die arguing for is Halliburton. Watched all of the Holiday tourneys (bcz I was sports betting. :)) and he was hands down the best player. Also that Seton Hall scoring guard flashed as well. Forgot his name.

Last edited:
First, Nesmith is one of the best shooters to come out of college in a long, long time. He shot not 42% for the three, but 52%, and he did it taking almost 8 three's a game. I wouldn't call him an elite athlete, but he's an above average athlete. In all the games I saw, he never had any trouble getting his shot, and he has a lightning quick release. As for Bey's defense, he was the best defender on the Villanova team, and game after game, he was asked to guard the best player on the other team, regardless of position.. He knows how to play the game. The area he needs to improve on is his rebounding. I probably saw Bey play 15 times. Nesmith, maybe only 5 time.
Thanks. Feeling much better about our spot in the draft.

Quick question: Achiuwa. You trust the Kings to develop him, if he’s the pick?

Well, if that's what your looking for, then you have to take a hard look at Kira Lewis. There's also the mystery man, Cole Anthony, who may be far better than he showed at North Carolina. Both players can get anywhere they want on the court. I love Lewis, but at 6'3" and only weighing around 165 Lb's, he needs to get into a weight room and work his butt off. He's lightning quick with an explosive first step. Not as quick as Fox, but a far better shooter at the same point in time.
Yeah I just don't think we're any number of good role players away from contending. I think going that route will keep us stuck in purgatory.

Kira Lewis instantly jumped out to me when I read your review and watched the highlights. You think Dennis Schroder is a good comp? Essentially the same frame coming into the NBA. I just don't know if he's worth the 12th pick. Could be a trade down scenario. He definitely has more bust potential than Nesmith.

Yeah Cole Anthony is interesting but he kind of reminds me of Skal. Could potentially just be a guy who dominates in high school but can't make the next step. Kind of similar to a AAAA player in baseball where they dominate one level and can't even compete at the next. He's a high upside risk but I feel like he's too risky to use a lottery pick on.

Edit: One more note on Bolmaro. I think the kid is 1st rd talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the bottom of the 1st rd. To me, I would comp him as a poor man's Luka Doncic. Excellent ball handler who can get to the basket and a terrific passer for a 6'7" SG/PG/SF. He doesn't shoot the ball well from the three. Under 30% on average, but he was his teams primary ball handler, and one has to wonder how much better he might shoot if he were able to play off the ball more. His form looks fine, so I think better shot selection and a little more hard work could make a big difference. He could be a steal in the 2nd rd.

I see that Vecenie has Bolmoro going 17, and suggests he could even go higher if he has a chance to help himself by playing well with the European season set to start in mid-September.

Cole Anthony looks like Cory Joseph. Hope I’m wrong.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I used to watch a ton of college hoops when the Bruins were relevant and disagreed with Vicene on a lot of his views regarding PAC 12 players. Especially Fultz. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s good, definitely in tier 1 of reporter/scouts. Along with the old Dxexpress guys. But Vecenie also does a lot of info gathering from scouts/GMs/agenda s rather than providing his own first hand, original analysis, which can lead to some fast food, band wagon analysis from him.

This year, the only player I’ll die arguing for is Halliburton. Watched all of the Holiday tourneys (bcz I was sports betting. :)) and he was hands down the best player. Also that Seton Hall scoring guard flashed as well. Forgot his name.
Well, personally I have Haliburton ranked as the best player in the draft, based purely on results. Yeah, he needs to get stronger, but the kid can do it all. One of, if not the most complete player in the draft. In reference to Seton Hall I assume your referring to Myles Powell, who I'm not very high on, and will likely go in the bottom of the 2nd rd, or go undrafted. He's a 6'2" SG with a very inconsistent 3 pt shot. He shot around 32% for his career. He's one of those players who will get hot and go 7 for 8 from the three one night and then go 1 for 8 in the next two games. He's fun to watch though.

As for Vecenie, I have no problem with him getting his info from the horses mouth. Who knows a player better than the opposing coaches on the other teams. Sam watches a lot of film as well. Givony also does a great job, but I liked his format better when he was on his own. But hey, money talks, and I have great respect for him when you consider he was footing the bill and doing all that scouting by himself and one other person. I'm sure he has more resources now.

If you were to sit Jonathan, Sam and myself down in room to talk about the draft I'm sure we'd be in agreement more than not, but I'm also sure that we would disagree on some players as well. I disagreed with Givony about Tyreke Evans and told him so at summer league (we happened to be staying at the same hotel). We're all wrong at times. But If I had to put money on anyone, it would be either Givony or Vecenie, or perhaps Cole Zwicker. And myself of course! :p

Getting back to Haliburton. If the Kings could find a way to move up in the draft, he would be one player that would really impact the team. I have him number one and Toppin number two as being ready to step in and contribute right away.