[EC] #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Chicago Bulls

How many more games will this series go?

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Before there were the Sacramento Kings, I was a Celtics fan. Tonight I am a Celtics fan again.

Pet peeve

I HATE HATE HATE when teams wear alternate uniforms during the playoffs. I don't mind the usual alternating roadies like Miami going from red to black but Chicago is not only wearing alt black...but WITH SLEEVES? In the playoffs. It ain't November. It's like if the kings showed up to the playoffs wearing those powder blue uniforms.

I'm seeing it s lot these playoffs.

Milwaukee, San Antonio, and Chicago wore summer league rags. Of course the Clippers uniforms already third rate.

I swear..if I see a road team wear home white in these playoffs I'm gonna crack. I don't even find that acceptable during the regular season

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Bulls showing the Celtics that they are a disgrace of a number one seed, even in the Leastern Conference. Championship pedigree shows on Chicago, Boston...not so much.

I know Isaiah is their best player but just for laughs, maybe Ainge should see what he can get for him. I mean, we got that priceless trade exception and Alex Oriakhi for him...his value is atleast..two times that now.

Fact is, a one seed with a 5 foot 9 franchise player is cute..the Bulls think they're cute.

Speaking of Boogie, I wonder if Ainge is still convinced that this Celtics team doesn't need a talent like Boogie.
I wonder if Ainge regrets not trading for Cousins. Imagine all the defenders Boogie would draw... or as a matter of fact, imagine how many players would NOT double and triple team Cousins due to Boston's shooters.

I guess Ainge is satisfied being Cousin-less.lol

Wow. Playoff Rondo. I'm not going to lie, Rondo has been one of the funnest things to watch on the Kings in the past 10 years. Rondo-Cousins.. I miss that odd duo.
He had a pretty good connection with Willie too.

I liked Rondo. Didn't really bother me that we didn't keep him but I had no complaints about his performance with the Kings. Which is something because I wasn't a fan of Rondo at all when he came to the Kings. I think Grant even changed his tune on Rondo.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wonder if Ainge regrets not trading for Cousins. Imagine all the defenders Boogie would draw... or as a matter of fact, imagine how many players would NOT double and triple team Cousins due to Boston's shooters.

I guess Ainge is satisfied being Cousin-less.lol
On the plus side, drafting Fultz with that Nets pick means there'll be less opportunity for Marcus Smart to screw things up.

I LOVE THIS ANIT-BOSTON!

I feel bad for IT. He has no help right now. There's no one on that roster that can create their own shot. Al Horford has to be one of the biggest disappointments right? It's not that he's been bad, but he just hasn't been doing enough. I hope they can come back and take the next game.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I LOVE THIS ANIT-BOSTON!

I feel bad for IT. He has no help right now. There's no one on that roster that can create their own shot. Al Horford has to be one of the biggest disappointments right? It's not that he's been bad, but he just hasn't been doing enough. I hope they can come back and take the next game.
It's a mental thing at this point. That Boston team has been a tough out all season for everybody but they've given the Bulls all the momentum now and they'll have to go face a re-energized fanbase in Chicago that's thinking sweep. Experience is probably a factor too. Wade has been in 5 Finals and Rondo 2 plus hundreds of playoff games between them and they've got revenge motives against former teams or teammates on top of that. Funny how everyone seems to have forgotten they were taking swipes at each other through social media earlier this season. They got on the same page at the right time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's a mental thing at this point. That Boston team has been a tough out all season for everybody but they've given the Bulls all the momentum now and they'll have to go face a re-energized fanbase in Chicago that's thinking sweep. Experience is probably a factor too. Wade has been in 5 Finals and Rondo 2 plus hundreds of playoff games between them and they've got revenge motives against former teams or teammates on top of that. Funny how everyone seems to have forgotten they were taking swipes at each other through social media earlier this season. They got on the same page at the right time.
Also helps when their third wheel is Jimmy Butler. And Robin Lopez has been super solid in the middle and taking Horford's lunch money (yet again, a team has fallen prey to the whole Horford is a better all-around player than Boogie farce). Zipser also had a really good game off the bench.

Playoff Rondo is such a beast that you almost forget that he spent most of the season benched behind MCW

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Also helps when their third wheel is Jimmy Butler. And Robin Lopez has been super solid in the middle and taking Horford's lunch money (yet again, a team has fallen prey to the whole Horford is a better all-around player than Boogie farce). Zipser also had a really good game off the bench.

Playoff Rondo is such a beast that you almost forget that he spent most of the season benched behind MCW
Not to discredit Rondo here but he is playing against a traffic cone in Isaiah Thomas.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not to discredit Rondo here but he is playing against a traffic cone in Isaiah Thomas.
Yep. Isaiah on his best day isn't a good defender and right now, he's rightfully not playing at maximum capacity. Normally Boston can hide him by putting him on the weaker perimeter guy and letting Bradley/Smart take his man but the other wings on the Bulls are both all-stars so that's not an option. That said, playoff Rondo has been a thing since the first year KG/Pierce/Allen became a thing so I'm willing to give him a little benefit of the doubt here.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yep. Isaiah on his best day isn't a good defender and right now, he's rightfully not playing at maximum capacity. Normally Boston can hide him by putting him on the weaker perimeter guy and letting Bradley/Smart take his man but the other wings on the Bulls are both all-stars so that's not an option. That said, playoff Rondo has been a thing since the first year KG/Pierce/Allen became a thing so I'm willing to give him a little benefit of the doubt here.
I'd like to see a bigger sample size. The last time we saw playoff Rondo he was in Dallas, we all knew how that ended up. That said, Boston is a one trick pony, they rely way too heavily on one player and while that may work in the regular season, it gets magnified in the postseason. Ainge messed up not going after George, Butler or Cousins. He could of attained one of them with his assets but he'd rather build around Thomas o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.