Cousins extension?

Do you agree with the extension?

• Total voters
L

Lopes

By Cuz saying he would re-sign, my enthusiasm and willingness to take part in this forum has returned. Cuz doesn't need money but apparently he needs Sacramento. I probably went overboard with that comment but he said many years ago that he wouldn't leave Sacramento. I know Bricklayer doesn't believe that or didn't believe that but that's what he said. (Sorry, Brick) He doesn't like to be on a losing team but he has stated that he feels at least in part responsible. He thinks that he should be able to drag this team out of the depths of hell. I think Cuz would make a good story for someone who can think deeper than whether or not a player has muscular abs.
I do think the extra $$$ we can give him helps as well.

dude12

Hall of Famer
He has yet to draw FAs to the team to help his cause. I guarantee if the other players in the NBA believed he was the key to a championship they would come. Sure ownership was terrible but the last few years nada. I guarantee if he was sooo good we'd Matthews would have signed on to win
That's your debate point? What does that make Anthony Davis? Russell Westbrook had KD defect to somewhere else? What does that make him?

Cousins, along with EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH, has flaws. He is talented and has flaws. One positive trait that stands out, is he says he intends to re sign with the Kings. Not only is that positive news for a team that can't ever seem to attract players of his caliber, it is a refreshing throw back to the days of old when players stayed loyal to the franchise that drafted them. Through thick and thin. Personally this trait alone elevates him to a very high level for me. I value loyalty, honesty and justice to the point it has been a detriment to me in life. I will not change though.

It would make quite the sports legacy for Cousins to not only remain with the "lowly" Kings franchise, but to help elevate them to heights tasted only briefly in their long history. Like him or not, it is something that should be admired. It is not as if all these 7 seasons he knew the CBA change was coming to allow this max extension. He has remained adamant that he wanted to stay a King for his career and bring the fans what many feel is long over due. Relevancy and perhaps , if we maybe just whisper it, a championship one day.

L

Lopes

Cousins, along with EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH, has flaws. He is talented and has flaws. One positive trait that stands out, is he says he intends to re sign with the Kings. Not only is that positive news for a team that can't ever seem to attract players of his caliber, it is a refreshing throw back to the days of old when players stayed loyal to the franchise that drafted them. Through thick and thin. Personally this trait alone elevates him to a very high level for me. I value loyalty, honesty and justice to the point it has been a detriment to me in life. I will not change though.

It would make quite the sports legacy for Cousins to not only remain with the "lowly" Kings franchise, but to help elevate them to heights tasted only briefly in their long history. Like him or not, it is something that should be admired. It is not as if all these 7 seasons he knew the CBA change was coming to allow this max extension. He has remained adamant that he wanted to stay a King for his career and bring the fans what many feel is long over due. Relevancy and perhaps , if we maybe just whisper it, a championship one day.
But we shouldn't make excuses for his flaws or deny they don't negatively impact the team. His talent is undeniable but I believe he doesn't see the flaws or has no desire to change them and that's concerning

We might as well fold up our tents and go home. Do you know the last time this franchise won a championship? I will stick with my opinion. I think there are selected players, like many on the national team, who would want to play with Boogie. It only takes one other star for us.
I didn't say they had to win a championship. I said they need to be legitimate contenders for FA's to give SAC the time of day during free agency.

But we shouldn't make excuses for his flaws or deny they don't negatively impact the team. His talent is undeniable but I believe he doesn't see the flaws or has no desire to change them and that's concerning
You wont hear excuses or denial from me. However, as I stated we all have flaws. We don't pick out those for most and shine a light on them. Cousins talent level for some reason gives people the " Not good enoughs"

The Kings couldn't draw FAs when they were a title contender in the early 2000s. So it doesn't surprise me that they can't draw FAs when going coaches left and right, changing the entire front office twice, all after almost moving the franchise to multiple different cities.

Players like to see stability in a team. Even Labron would have probably failed to overcome all of those obstacles.
Then how are we going to improve our roster? Some ppl say we suck at drafting, others say we can't draw FA, and yet people expect us to magically turn things around?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's simply not true...and you know it. He has acknowledged his flaws as recently as his interview with Carmichael Dave. I'm not sure what you're trying to do but you're destroying your own credibility.

L

Lopes

That's simply not true...and you know it. He has acknowledged his flaws as recently as his interview with Carmichael Dave. I'm not sure what you're trying to do but you're destroying your own credibility.
No he has not addressed any of his behavior in a satisfactory manor. He always eventually falls back in his bad habits...credibility still in tact. Go watch his behavior under Malone and tell me he wasn't changing for the better attitude/ leadership wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
No he has not addressed any of his behavior in a satisfactory manor. He always eventually falls back in his bad habits...credibility still in tact. Go watch his behavior under Malone and tell me he wasn't changing for the better attitude/ leadership wise.
Did you watch the video interview with Carmichael Dave? It was posted on this forum a day or two ago. In it he addressed his behavior. Until you access that interview and take a whole 30 minutes out of your life and watch it, my attempts at communication with you are over. I would suggest to others that they take the same attitude as I.

L

Lopes

Did you watch the video interview with Carmichael Dave? It was posted on this forum a day or two ago. In it he addressed his behavior. Until you access that interview and take a whole 30 minutes out of your life and watch it, my attempts at communication with you are over. I would suggest to others that they take the same attitude as I.
Fine w me. He can talk all he wants. His actions matter

Fine w me. He can talk all he wants. His actions matter
Cousins is never going to change his antics on the court. For better or for worse, it's who he is. No amount of winning or culture change will modify his on-court behavior. He's so great at what he does you have to take the bad with the good.

KD's decision to join GS was a pure sucka move. He joined the team that just set the all time regular season win record and beat him in the WCF that went down to a game 7 in the final possessions. Oh btw they already got a chip without him. Any future success that they achieve won't be directly attributed to him and any failures WILL be. He's free to make that decision but I seriously question his competitive spirit. Imagine if Jordan would have joined the pistons! But he didn't he faced his demons and never looked back until he was the GOAT. Come to your senses KD after the Cavs beat you opt out and join the Kings!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Since you've apparently anointed yourself as final arbiter of all things relative to Cousins' behavior, nothing anyone says that doesn't agree with you will make any difference. I'm not going to waste any further time on it. And I don't agree to disagree because I do not feel you've brought forth any valid points worthy of agree/disagree. Have a nice day.

L

Lopes

Since you've apparently anointed yourself as final arbiter of all things relative to Cousins' behavior, nothing anyone says that doesn't agree with you will make any difference. I'm not going to waste any further time on it. And I don't agree to disagree because I do not feel you've brought forth any valid points worthy of agree/disagree. Have a nice day.
So passive aggressive. I love when people tell you they aren't wasted ng anymore time. Do you know Cousins because u have also announced yourself final arbiter of Cousins behavior. If not my opinion is just as valid. I am firm in my believe about Cousins as I see you are.Although you may think you control people you in fact don't. Therefore unless you have no position on Cousins I can still agree to disagree w you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
So passive aggressive. I love when people tell you they aren't wasted ng anymore time. Do you know Cousins because u have also announced yourself final arbiter of Cousins behavior. If not my opinion is just as valid. I am firm in my believe about Cousins as I see you are.Although you may think you control people you in fact don't. Therefore unless you have no position on Cousins I can still agree to disagree w you.
Has Cuz changed from his rookie year both athletically and emotionally? Simple question.

L

Lopes

Has Cuz changed from his rookie year both athletically and emotionally? Simple question.
Slightly but not much. Emotionally He made strides under Malone. Then reverted back. Can u atleast see that.Definitely skill wise.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Come man PG13 ain't coming here that's why. The other two would actually do it if what Cousins said was correct
PG and Boogie are good friends too, in case you weren't aware. Like Boogie though, Wall is loyal and wants to establish his own legacy in DC, he has said so multiple times. He isn't going anywhere, Bledsoe on the other hand is the most realistic option here.