College Bowl Games Pick Em

For the first time in this pool, all four participants failed to correctly predict a winner of a bowl game, as no one saw Utah taking West Virginia down today. eMBarkat10n, VF21, and pdxKingsFan all add a point to their total, while LoungeLizard is on a little streak of bad luck, having failed to predict the winner of the last 6 bowl games (according to the pick sheet). eMBarkat10n and pdxKingsFan officially join VF21 with double-digit wins.

I have also added everyone's winning %, which can be found directly below the number of wins (Columns F, H, J, and L).

Dec 26 Standings.PNG

For the 2nd day in a row, all four participants failed to predict the winner of a bowl game, as Purdue edged Arizona by 3 points in their matchup today. eMBarkat10n managed to pull himself up into a tie with VF21 for 1st place with 13 points. pdxKingsFan is in 3rd place with 12 points. And LoungeLizard correctly predicted the winner of 3 bowl games today to join the rest of the field with double-digit wins for the pool, now having 10.

Dec 27 Standings.PNG

After seeing everyone start off the day on a high note, with all participants correctly predicting Navy's win over Virginia, pdxKingsFan put up a 0 for the rest of the day's games (3 of them to be exact). This opened the door for LoungeLizard, who correctly predicted 3 of the bowl games for the day, to move into a tie for 3rd place with pdxKingsFan, with both having 13 points. A perfect day for VF21 sees her regaining sole possession of 1st place, with 17 points, while eMBarkat10n missed the mark on one game (Well played, TCU), putting him in 2nd place with 16 points.

Dec 28 Standings.PNG

For the 3rd time in this pool, no one managed to predict a winner of a bowl game, as Wake Forest edged Texas A&M. Both VF21 and eMBarkat10n added 2 points to their total, and sit in 1st and 2nd place respectively. pdxKingsFan finishes the night in 3rd place, after correctly predicting the winner of 3 games. And LoungeLizard now sits in 4th place, after managing to only add a single point to his total from last night, correctly predicting Ohio State's win over USC. Special shoutout also goes out to pdxKingsFan for being the only one to predict wins for both NC State and Northwestern.

Dec 29 Standings.PNG

For the 3rd day in this pool, all 4 participants failed to pick a winner of a bowl game (2 of them today, actually), as both Mississippi State and Wisconsin won both of their bowl games today. Problem with that? No one in the pool (not even 1 out of 4 of us) picked either one to win. Both LoungeLizard and pdxKingsFan add 1 point to their score, while eMBarkat10n and VF21 both add 2 points to their score. As a result, no changes were seen in the overall standings. With everyone picking the same teams to win the next few bowl games (leading up to the playoff matchups), the final 3 games of the 2017/2018 College Bowl season will determine who comes out on top.

I've also gone ahead and added everyone's tiebreaker values at the bottom of the sheet. The first number is the value you provided when making your picks. The second value, located right below the first, is a calculation that will be used to determine the tie breaker if that is needed. Right now, it is the same number as your predicted final score but will read different once I input the actual final score once the game is completed.

Dec 30 Standings.PNG

Last edited:
Since we are approaching the conclusion of the Bowl Games, and this pool, I thought it would be a perfect time to run through some "What if" scenarios.

Considering the fact that all 4 participants have made the exact same predictions for the next 3 bowl games, I am going to, for the purpose of this post, throw those games out of the equation.

IF GEORGIA AND CLEMSON WIN THEIR SEMI-FINAL GAMES

eMBarkat10n will win the pool no matter the result of the National Championship game
If Clemson beats Georgia, LoungeLizard will move into a tie for 2nd place with VF21 (before the tiebreaker)
If Georgia wins, LoungeLizard and pdxKingsFan will be tied for 3rd place (before the tiebreaker)

IF GEORGIA AND ALABAMA WIN THEIR SEMI-FINAL GAMES

If Georgia beats Alabama, eMBarkat10n will win the pool
If Alabama beats Georgia, VF21 will win the pool, and pdxKingsFan will leapfrog over eMBarkat10n to take 2nd place in the pool

IF OKLAHOMA AND ALABAMA WIN THEIR SEMI-FINAL GAMES

VF21 will win the pool no matter the result of the National Championship game
pdxKingsFan will take 2nd place
eMBarkat10n will take 3rd place
LoungeLizard will finish in 4th place

IF OKLAHOMA AND CLEMSON WIN THEIR SEMI-FINAL GAMES

If Clemson beats Oklahoma, LoungeLizard will move up into a tie with VF21 for 1st place overall (before the tiebreaker)
eMBarkat10n will finish in 3rd place
pdxKingsFan will finish in 4th place

NOTE: If anyone finds an error in my "calculations" please point them out. I ran these scenarios on the spreadsheet that I've been using for this pool, so they should all be fairly accurate. I will admit, though, that I didn't plug in the teams and winners for the National Championship game, but rather used my mathematical skills, in order to come to the above conclusions/scenarios.

Good Luck to all!!!!

As a result of Clemson's loss today against Alabama, LoungeLizard has officially secured 4th place in the pool as a result of being the only person to predict a National Championship for The "Other" Tigers......(I, myself, am a former graduate of Roseville High School. Tiger Pride. "Once A (Roseville) Tiger, Always a (Roseville) Tiger", so I can't call Clemson's team THE Tigers. Not gonna happen...).

Once The Tide Are Rolled Over by The Bulldogs next Monday, eMBarkat10n will be declared the winner. :);):p:D

Jan 1 Standings.PNG

Sweet! I locked up 4th place! :p

I guess that’s what I get for picking games more on who I wanted to see win rather than who I thought would win.

Thanks for setting this up and running it eMBarakat10n, count me in for next year:D

I guess that’s what I get for picking games more on who I wanted to see win rather than who I thought would win.

Thanks for setting this up and running it eMBarakat10n, count me in for next year:D
Unless more KingsFans show interest next year, I might not put one together. I was hoping that more than just 4 of us would have joined. I might throw it out there to gauge everyone's interest level, but if it's gonna be the same 4 as this year, I might drop it completely. I might just spearhead a general "College Bowl Games Discussion" thread in which we can all discuss the games and winners, and provide analysis as we watch the games...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unless more KingsFans show interest next year, I might not put one together. I was hoping that more than just 4 of us would have joined. I might throw it out there to gauge everyone's interest level, but if it's gonna be the same 4 as this year, I might drop it completely. I might just spearhead a general "College Bowl Games Discussion" thread in which we can all discuss the games and winners, and provide analysis as we watch the games...
You're just covering your bases in case I win. :p

Seriously? I think more people will show interest. We'll just need to promote it a little better.

You're just covering your bases in case I win. :p

Seriously? I think more people will show interest. We'll just need to promote it a little better.
We will allow time to tell. Like I said, let's see how much interest we get next year. I don't mind putting it together again. Maybe I will start "recruiting" a bit earlier...

Wait a minute.....I just realized this......Is "eMBarakat10n" supposed to be my evil twin? So that's what I get, huh???????? :eek:

FYI, just as a friendly reminder before the big game tomorrow night. Good luck to all!!!

If Georgia beats Alabama, eMBarkat10n will win the pool
If Alabama beats Georgia, VF21 will win the pool, and pdxKingsFan will leapfrog over eMBarkat10n to take 2nd place in the pool

And then there was one. Congratulations, VF21, for winning the College Bowl Games Pick 'Em this year.

Final Points Total:

VF21: 28
pdxKingsFan: 24
eMBarkat10n: 23
LoungeLizard: 16

To VF21, pdxKingsFan, and LoungeLizard...I thank you three for signing up for this pool. Although I did anticipate a few more "KingsFans" to join in on the fun, it was still enjoyable with the three of you crazy kids.

Let's do it (again) at the end of the year. And hopefully with some more "KingsFans" :)