"Classic" Ride Draft Thread - DRAFT COMPLETED!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bump. Last chance for sign-ups. This is the next draft in the queue and I'll be consulting the randomizer for draft order.

I've added the necessary narrative and rules to the OP.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I need one more participant. Anyone? As soon as we get our 12th person, I'll consult the magic randomizer and post the draft order.

:)

I'd join to be your 12th drafter, but I'm not really a classic car connoisseur.

Actually, I know nothing about them. My first pick just might be the DeLorean from Back to the Future :D

Do you mind having an automotive moron in your draft just to get things going?

I mean, I can just go on google and pick out the pretty ones :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Actually, I know nothing about them. My first pick just might be the DeLorean from Back to the Future :D

Dude, I know cars to some degree (my dad made me rebuild the engine of my first car with him as a right of passage), but I absolutely do not belong in a thread with true car nuts either. However that was true of the album draft too, but that worked out fine. Educational even. Just remember that Yugo > Pinto > Edzel and you'll do fine. :p

I know 2-3 classic cars that I'd like to have if I won lottery. Other then that, I'll be picking from movies/popular culture, same as your DeLorean pick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Welcome to the group! I was hoping for a variety of participants to make it interesting!

I'll go consult the magic randomizer right now.

:)

wooohooo!!!

I'm taking a 64 1/2 convertible Mustang. And I'm taking it stock, no additions, no subtractions. This has been the car of my dreams for years.
I don't know if it's still sitting there, but it was at the Towe Auto Museum on display. :D

Attachments

wooohooo!!!

I'm taking a 64 1/2 convertible Mustang. And I'm taking it stock, no additions, no subtractions. This has been the car of my dreams for years.
I don't know if it's still sitting there, but it was at the Towe Auto Museum on display. :D
Damn. That was my first pick, too, even though I was almost certain I wouldn't get it.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
There's no consensus first pick in my mind, but there are many nice cars in which you can't go wrong.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
There's no consensus first pick in my mind, but there are many nice cars in which you can't go wrong.
Agreed. The 64 1/2 Mustang is an instant classic and there is no way you could go wrong having it on a list like this.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
My first pick is the 1958 Chevy Impala

Still kicking myself for letting one get away 5 or 6 years ago as the prices have recently gone sky high on these bad boys.

1958 was the first year of the Impala and its Bel Air roots still shown through, the body style would change radically over the next few years, but I love the lines on this one most of all.

wooohooo!!!

Yep, that was my number 1 too. One car I really wanted, all others are "nice to have".