City council vote and latest news, rumors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wonder how much of the concrete details of the bid and arena plans are going to be revealed, hopefully all
Very few details will most likely be announced, since a lot of stuff will be determined by the negotiations between the city and the ownership group. I just expect a positive announcement with typical fanfare about hopes for Sacramento, etc.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wow - a protester's sign says, and I quote verbatim, "Put our children's first" - the rare double error on pluralization!

As I sit watching this, just wanted to say that you guys are really lucky to have a Mayor like KJ. He actually cares about the community and does his job. Shame all politicans aren't the same.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KJ is setting the tone and truly addressing some of Sacramento's biggest concerns, both now and going into the future. He's done his homework, folks, and this all bodes very well for what is about to come.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He just announced "Vision to Learn," a program sponsored by an LA philanthropist that will furnish free eye exams and glasses to 8,000 children in the region. KJ says this will address the statistic that shows over 60% of struggling students have unaddressed vision problems. (I might have the stat wrong...)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hopefully the text of his address will be available because this is good stuff. His focus on green programs and educational improvement so students are career ready is admirable and obvious, yet so often not stated.

He just announced "Vision to Learn," a program sponsored by an LA philanthropist that will furnish free eye exams and glasses to 8,000 children in the region. KJ says this will address the statistic that shows over 60% of struggling students have unaddressed vision problems. (I might have the stat wrong...)

I was really surprised to hear this. I hadn't even considered an underlying issue such as this.

Here it comes, the third topic!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The crowd starts to chant SAC-RA-MEN-TO!!!

"Alright, Sacramento. And lastly, let's talk about the topic of the day...Keeping OUR SACRAMENTO KINGS!"

KJ says there are a lot of announcements. I may just sit back and enjoy. I can't help but feel this is a lifetime milepost.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully the text of his address will be available because this is good stuff. His focus on green programs and educational improvement so students are career ready is admirable and obvious, yet so often not stated.
Absolutely. Critics might blame him of being overly focused on the Kings but the reality is that KJ is passionate about his city in all regards, especially education. I've said it before and I'll say it again - regardless of how things shake out with the NBA, I'm proud to have Kevin Johnson as my mayor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have chills and goosebumps and tears of joy. KJ is a man for the ages. And, for the first time, I am totally convinced the Kings will indeed stay in Sacramento.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, he said he's going to make several announcements. I'll try to list them unless I get too swept up by the emotions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.