City council vote and latest news, rumors, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yah I was wondering if that would be a conflict of interest especially with Webber and TNT/TBS. Doesn't Vlade represent the NBA as well in some capacity overseas? I have a feeling that's the reasoning they are not donating money but lending their support.
I don't know about that. Magic Johnson worked for TNT for years before finally selling off his share of the Lakers in 2011.

Rick Bucher is such a insufferable, misinformed douche bag. I am listening to him on 95.7 the game and he is just a smug *sshole who thinks he knows everything when in reality he is clueless. They are talking about how if Kings leave that it will be a huge gain for the Warriors and that market. Now while this is true, he made some comment to the extent of "now that they (SAC) have announced their so called whales, i want to hear more from them rather than the politicians, like they are doing up in SEA" and then making a point to talk about how Mastrov failed in his bid for the W's. Basically just belittling Sacramento and their chances. I couldn't stand this guy 10 years ago and i still can't stand him. Oh and now he is insinuating that we are hypocrites since we took the Kings from KC with this gem "those in Sacramento who are so upset at the prospect of the Kings leaving were not around when they Kings came from Kansas City". Really jerkoff?? i am fairly certain i was around going to games in old Arco 1, just as i am sure many of you were around as well.

Last edited:
Rich Bucher is such a insufferable, misinformed douche bag. I am listening to him on 95.7 the game and he is just a smug *sshole who thinks he knows everything when in reality he is clueless. They are talking about how if Kings leave that it will be a huge gain for the Warriors and that market. Now while this is true, he made some comment to the extent of "now that they (SAC) have announced their so called whales, i want to hear more from them rather than the politicians, like they are doing up in SEA" and then making a point to talk about how Mastrov failed in his bid for the W's. Basically just belittling Sacramento and their chances. I couldn't stand this guy 10 years ago and i still can't stand him. Oh and now he is insinuating that we are hypocrites since we took the Kings from KC with this gem "those in Sacramento who are so upset at the prospect of the Kings leaving were not around when they Kings came from Kansas City". Really jerkoff?? i am fairly certain i was around going to games in old Arco 1.
I totally hear you.

If it's any consolation, mabye consider these rants pure rocket fuel for Bucher's transport to the sun where he will burn. All these ijits are setting themselves up to look like babies who puked on their bibs when the decision finally comes down.

Listen with the certainty that we've already won... hopefully that helps you tolerate the convulsing manure sprayers like Bucher.

Rick Bucher is such a insufferable, misinformed douche bag. I am listening to him on 95.7 the game and he is just a smug *sshole who thinks he knows everything when in reality he is clueless. They are talking about how if Kings leave that it will be a huge gain for the Warriors and that market. Now while this is true, he made some comment to the extent of "now that they (SAC) have announced their so called whales, i want to hear more from them rather than the politicians, like they are doing up in SEA" and then making a point to talk about how Mastrov failed in his bid for the W's. Basically just belittling Sacramento and their chances. I couldn't stand this guy 10 years ago and i still can't stand him. Oh and now he is insinuating that we are hypocrites since we took the Kings from KC with this gem "those in Sacramento who are so upset at the prospect of the Kings leaving were not around when they Kings came from Kansas City". Really jerkoff?? i am fairly certain i was around going to games in old Arco 1, just as i am sure many of you were around as well.

He's had it out for Sacramento from the get-go, he was the one who wrote that scathing, taken-out-of-context C-Webb article that made so much waves earlier this millenium.

However, I've noted as a whole that the national media doesn't seem to have the proper respect for Sacramento and its fanbase possibly losing their team to Seattle

I totally hear you.

If it's any consolation, mabye consider these rants pure rocket fuel for Bucher's transport to the sun where he will burn. All these ijits are setting themselves up to look like babies who puked on their bibs when the decision finally comes down.

Listen with the certainty that we've already won... hopefully that helps you tolerate the convulsing manure sprayers like Bucher.
He has just always gotten me riled up when it comes to the Kings, but his "so called whales" comments just did it for me. So glad it is Friday.

He's had it out for Sacramento from the get-go, he was the one who wrote that scathing, taken-out-of-context C-Webb article that made so much waves earlier this millenium.

However, I've noted as a whole that the national media doesn't seem to have the proper respect for Sacramento and its fanbase possibly losing their team to Seattle
Exactly. He used to belittle the Kings years ago when they were title contenders. Would scoff at their chances each year, which is fine, but did it in such a smug, know it all manner.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It is part of the PR plan of the Kings to alter the kind of message dingbats like this present. If possible, of course. Kingsfans23 states that the national media doesn't give us respect and hopefully in the next 6 weeks their opinion can be changed. We need the media on our side as much as it is possible.

Hey guys quick noob question.
When does the sale of the kings go to Burke/Mastrov?

After the BOG meeting, or at the end of the season?

Will the maloofs make all decisions of team personal changes until the season is over? Thanks

-Jay

For the most part, the national sports media people are at best uninformed about the particulars of the situation. I don't know how many times I've heard actual sports journalists say things that just aren't true about the Kings supposedly moving to Seattle.

We're a small market team (duh), so we're not going to get much respect from "big boys" like ESPN, and many of them are reporting not what the truth of the situation is, but what they think the most people want to hear. It improves their ratings. Seattle is bigger than Sacramento, therefore there's more reporting that favors Seattle's bid. It's stupid, but I think it's true. ESPN doesn't give a damn about anything except whether or not you're watching ESPN.

The other sad truth is that if we are successful in keeping the Kings, there will be almost no one in the national media (especially a tool like Bucher) who is going to say "Oh, and by the way, I want to apologize for being completely wrong about the Kings." Media outlets don't do that unless they're afraid of being sued. In many ways, the concept of journalistic integrity has gone out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.