Chima Waived

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer

Darn. I liked Chima, thought he had some real interesting attributes, but it makes sense since he never was able to break through and he'd be fully guaranteed on the 10th. Kings open a roster spot.

Probably a decent chance he clears waivers and we can bring him back to Stockton. I don't think any team would take a flier on him until the end of the season

Darn. I liked Chima, thought he had some real interesting attributes, but it makes sense since he never was able to break through and he'd be fully guaranteed on the 10th. Kings open a roster spot.

Probably a decent chance he clears waivers and we can bring him back to Stockton. I don't think any team would take a flier on him until the end of the season
This is a bit upsetting to me as well. I hope this is to make room for better things to come.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
I think it makes more sense to keep KZ on as the "developmental" wing and use Chima's roster spot to bolster a back-up C slot or just have room to take in 2 bodies in a trade. Unfortunately just don't have the luxury of holding onto Chima when we can't find anyone who can play 10 adequate back-up C minutes, much less the 15+ we actually need behind Domas

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Thanks for your service.

I would not be disappointed if this opens up a 2 for 1 deal if we can ship Holmes. Or if we use the spot to sign Cousins before LA gets to him. lol

I wonder if Monte regrets not resigning Dame Jones
Probably not. Damian Jones was nice, but he's a clearly back-up big and we "thought" we were getting a healthy/good Richaun Holmes back, Alex Len for another season and potentially more Queta development. Not to mention Metu and Lyles small-ball C type stuff. Would have been silly to spend the resources on him.

Probably not. Damian Jones was nice, but he's a clearly back-up big and we "thought" we were getting a healthy/good Richaun Holmes back, Alex Len for another season and potentially more Queta development. Not to mention Metu and Lyles small-ball C type stuff. Would have been silly to spend the resources on him.
Sure but what he gave us last year appears to be what Mike wants out of that role. doesn’t appear he is playing much in LA

Sure but what he gave us last year appears to be what Mike wants out of that role. doesn’t appear he is playing much in LA
I think you could probably get them to do like a TD for Jones swap, but I'd really really want to clear some of the other bigs out first. I also think TD is a pretty good expiring to pair with someone else and some 2nds for a reasonably good rotation player.

We don't really have enough to swing for a home-run at the deadline, but I think there's enough at the end of the bench where should absolutely be able to get a rotation piece or 2 that can help for the stretch run.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I could swear I saw speculation that LAL was about to waive Jones for whoever it is they plan on signing.

Or if we use the spot to sign Cousins before LA gets to him. lol
I wouldn't be surprised if DMC gets signed by the Kings soon.

We need a decent back up center and DMC is the best free agent center available. Coach Brown has a history of successfully coaching DMC when he was with the GSW. The Kings need an enforcer and a tough guy and DMC is one scary dude to opposing teams. Vivek had a good relationship with DMC and I can see him approving bring him back.

If the Kings can sign DMC to a 10 day contract (which started yesterday) and see how he works out with the team, I say go for it. If it doesn't work out, then they can let him walk at no cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if DMC gets signed by the Kings soon.

We need a decent back up center and DMC is the best free agent center available. Coach Brown has a history of successfully coaching DMC when he was with the GSW. The Kings need an enforcer and a tough guy and DMC is one scary dude to opposing teams. Vivek had a good relationship with DMC and I can see him approving bring him back.

If the Kings can sign DMC to a 10 day contract (which started yesterday) and see how he works out with the team, I say go for it. If it doesn't work out, then they can let him walk at no cost.
The comments I have seen from his recent coaches have been very positive. And he has stated openly that he would like to return to the Kings. DeMarcus Cousins would be the biggest guy on the roster, useful against huge guys like Steven Adams. Sabonis is getting banged around, hit, and hacked every night, it seems.

Today, Jan 7 is the day that contracts become official if not waived.

Maybe there is no "plan" for the roster spot; instead it is just about having a spot available if a player is waived.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
A team full of PF's still. Yep, that will work. lol.

As for Cuz, I'm sure he'd pick the Lakers considering how thin their C spot is now. I don't think there's any chance he ends up with the Kings unfortunately.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
As for Cuz, I'm sure he'd pick the Lakers considering how thin their C spot is now. I don't think there's any chance he ends up with the Kings unfortunately.
He has indicated a willingness to return if liking tweets and other social posts aren't just desperation for anyone to call.

But I am sure Lakers would offer more than a 10 day and I think a 10 day to start would be the smart play for the Kings.

He has indicated a willingness to return if liking tweets and other social posts aren't just desperation for anyone to call.

But I am sure Lakers would offer more than a 10 day and I think a 10 day to start would be the smart play for the Kings.
Seeing how the Lakers are on the outside looking in for the playoffs, if the Lakers and Kings both offered him the same 10 day contract, I think DMC would chose to come back to Sacramento.

I think Sacramento still has a special place in DMC's heart and he would love helping Sacramento get back to the playoffs, after all those years that we all supported him.

Cold world. I hoop from time to time with a former nba player, who is only 25. A high draft pick n a ___ player of the yr. It’s not fair. Dude would out play Holmes right now, but the world is cold n floody. Hope Moneke catches on, but there’s a lot of players, who are in a similar boat.

It feels insane to need to address back up center with Holmes, Len, Metu, and Lyles all taking up roster spots as bigs but here we are.
Len is the only one that feels like a true center. Maybe that’s just a bias from me since he’s the only 7 footer and the others are 6’9. Metu and Lyles seem more like versatile forwards. Holmes really only brought that push shot that worked well when we didn’t have a true center but with Domas here he has found himself a true role

I also didn’t realize just how little Len has been used. Only 4 appearances at 10 minutes a pop per ESPN

hard to believe it’s been a full 2 weeks since the last Queta signing. I’d much rather see him getting more of the minutes that have been going to Holmes.