Can we please talk Giants?

One more game!!! Seriously, can we just bring MadBum back out for game 6?:p

One thing that I think was important from this game 5, aside from obviously winning the game, was the fact that we were able to tag Herrera and Davis for 3 runs. All we've been hearing is how invincible these guys are and how all the Royals have to do is get to the 7th. Granted, those guys are pretty damn good, but hittng them tonight takes away some of that aura and will only give our guys confidence if we need to come from behind in game 6 or 7.

I agree, it's all been how amazingly great KC bullpen is - their so-called big 3. No question they are lights out good. But considering what Giants Yusmeiro Petit has been doing he's the completely unhittable long relief ace if there's one in this series - and it started even earlier. Heck late last season he was one pitch from perfect game in a start. I feel pretty good with Peavy in game six but with short leash and then if necessary Petit for as long as needed.

Ugh, that was unpleasant.
I endured that game in a small sports bar here in Lewiston, Idaho. I made offerings to the baseball gods as I humbly took the beating. The offerings included garlic bread to a 94 year old local baseball legend at the end of the small bar ("Scrappy"), who is the father of the owner, who was working behind the bar. Srappy played triple A (double A for two years for the Sacramento Solons, no less) but his career was cut short by being drafted into WWII, so he's a war hero and local baseball hero. He accepted the offering and ate bread. I believe this helped to appease the Baseball Gods.

What's so impressive about this 2014 team is their mental toughness. How many teams could endure that Game Six 10-0 beating and still come out, on the road, and win game 7? That's impressive and speaks to their belief in the team and one another.