Can we please talk Giants?

Got a call from my in-laws last night - looks like my son (who has Tuesday off from school) is going with them to the Giants game that day. I'm going to be in southern CA working, so I can't join them, unfortunately.
Wow that is awesome. I've never been to ATT, it was built after I left the area. But oh man from watching on TV it's going to be INSANE inside that stadium for all 9 innings. (well, 8 1/2 probably)

It's an "even" year. Must be destiny for Giants - again. MadBum puts Cards away with ease 3-0 in opener on the road.
This team just knows how to make other teams pay for their mistakes. It's just amazing how they consistently pull runs and wins out of errors, walks, bloop singles, sacrifices and other team's mental mistakes. That's the reason why this team is so good in October and it starts with Bochy, Righetti and the rest of the staff.

Also, you gotta love the Giants' plate discipline. Their patience at the plate just wears on opposing teams pitchers and their defense. Another big reason why this team plays well in the postseason.

It's the small things that lead to big wins.

GO GIANTS!!

Incredibly (so far) Giants doing it with all their many injuries and off playoff roster - Pagan, Cain, Scutaro, Morse, plus bunch of catchers, others.

I love Strickland but you just knew Adams was going to crush his fastball. 4th appearance for Strick in this postseason and his 4th home run allowed. That's got to be fixed or minimized by matchup going forward.

The usually reliable bullpen let us down tonight. Every one of those solo homers were hit off pitches that clearly missed the target that Posey was setting. Blew a good chance to go back to SF 2-0 but you can live with a split.

Amazing game, great comeback in the 9th, and a tough, tough loss. Next game is very important. Like LoungeLizard said, I can live with the split, but it's tough to swallow knowing we had the lead in the 7th inning. Hopefully, and if the past is any indication, this will just lock in the Giants even more for game 3. Looks like it's going to be a series after all.

Keep your foot to the floor Giants!! YES YES YES!!

This team plays baseball the way the game is supposed to be played. Big hits, small hits, getting runners over, making contact, great bunts, great baserunning, no mistakes on the basepaths. It's a joy to watch, because a walk at any time is a rally with this team. Cards: 6 homers in this series. Giants: 0. Giants up 3-1.

Giants win big games with the small things. If you're a baseball purist, you have to love and respect this team's play. Hammer talked about home run numbers. 21st century baseball is all about the "long ball," especially since Mark, Sammy and Barry but this team plays the way the sport is supposed to be played. Long at-bats, making the pitcher work, taking pitches, executing on the base paths, sacrificing guys over, great defense, etc.

Those are the things that win games. We're taught to believe the opposite. Credit to Bruce Bochy for continuing to keep this team humble, hungry and hard-working.

WOW! What a story for Ishikawa. Giants are pure torture but I freaking love it! Panik, Morse, Ishi....guys just step up. I was on the East Coast for the last two Giant World Series, so glad to be back in Cali to enjoy this one. I might even sacrifice my kids college fund to go to a game :p