Bajaden needs your prayers

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
4:55pm Sunday update
Just talked with baja and he sounds mucho better, feels better and his daughter just left after a lenghty visit. Sitting up well and about to watch game-2 of the finals. Thinks he'll get two more stents tomorrow then rest and escape in the coming week. I'll pop in on wednesday morning for an update and help getting he and his car back home below Ensenada.

So good news, he's improving and summer league only 32 days away.
I can only "like" this post once, so I'm going to quote it as a virtual million "likes".

Glad you're feeling better, Baja! Stay on that road to recovery, amigo!

Just talked with baja and he sounds mucho better, feels better and his daughter just left after a lenghty visit. Sitting up well and about to watch game-2 of the finals. Thinks he'll get two more stents tomorrow then rest and escape in the coming week. I'll pop in on wednesday morning for an update and help getting he and his car back home below Ensenada.

Good job! Man! Get well soon! We need you back healthy to tell Vlade who to draft!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

Good to hear CruzDude! Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

Talked to bajaden Saturday afternoon and not sounding very good and begged off talking after 30 sec. Surprising how quickly things turn. Picked him up Thursday after he was released from gall bladder surgery on Wednesday to take him home (no driving on full doses of Norco for pain!) but within 2 miles he felt bad. Back to hospital and the new symptoms quickly surfaced and Friday he got his first stents. He needs big rest now to clear the lung infection first then the rest of him. He's gone thru a lot and has to get well for summer league in just over 4 weeks from now. Get well baja and take care!
Thanks for the update, CruzDude.

Sending more good vibes Baja's way

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

Awesome! But I bet he just saw how attractive the nurses are and wanted a comfortable bed for the game with all the personal attention that comes with a semi-private bed and monitors hooked up to you.

Just kidding - heal fast, amigo. Glad you seem to be on the road to recovery!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Keep in mind folks he is in a VA hospital with many male nurses who were corpsmen in the Marines! Good service and food he is eating. Tomorrow should know when he may get released. Updates later today.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Keep in mind folks he is in a VA hospital with many male nurses who were corpsmen in the Marines! Good service and food he is eating. Tomorrow should know when he may get released. Updates later today.
There goes my theory.... ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Get this man some internet, stat! If he's feeling good enough to be eating, he's feeling good enough to tell us in detail why he doesn't care for Andrew Harrison! ;-)

origkds

What- Me Worry?
I've been told by friends that have had the procedure that you don't realize how badly you were feeling until after you've had a couple of stents put in. Hopefully you'll come out of this with a little more spring in your step. It's amazing how trivial this all becomes when there's a serious illness in the family. Speedy recovery Bajaden.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Get this man some internet, stat! If he's feeling good enough to be eating, he's feeling good enough to tell us in detail why he doesn't care for Andrew Harrison! ;-)
There's the evil mod spirit! :p

If Baja thinks he can shirk his duties just by suddenly having multiple surgical procedures right in the heart of draft season, he's got another thing coming! MUHAHAHA!!!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Baja apparently released this afternoon and is back at his beach house with daughter heading up initial care. Glad he is over the week from hell. Gall bladder surgery, arythemia, 5 stents, ups and downs. Now hopefully all behind and the mend begins so we can head to summer league on Jul 10.

I want to thank everyone for their support during this. His son and I made sure baja was aware of the support from KingsFans throughout the ordeal and every bit helped.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
OK, finally back at the old typewriter. First, I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers. To say that I was overwhelmed, would be an understatement. Second, if I could convey to all of you, how I'm feeling right now, you'd wonder what the hell I'm doing sitting here typing this. This was the worse experience of my life. I basically stared death in the face and thanks to the help of some great doctors, I walked away. So once again, thank you all very, very much. So back to bed and recovery. I have a lot of catching up to do, and god willing, I will be at summer league....