Artest trade stuff HERE!! (merged)

"I do think we're getting closer," said Donnie Walsh. "I do think we'll have something in the next week or so." The Warriors, Nuggets, Wolves, Clippers and Lakers remain interested.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/38770/20060121/walsh_prepared_to_wait_even_longer_on_trade_doesnt_expect_to_have_to/

I cant believe Kings are showing 0 interest in picking up Artest when we so desperately could use his offense and especially his defense. All we probably need to get rid of is Peja for him. Not like Peja is doing us any good anyway. Peja for Artest now Petrie.

Bibby_10 said:
"I do think we're getting closer," said Donnie Walsh. "I do think we'll have something in the next week or so." The Warriors, Nuggets, Wolves, Clippers and Lakers remain interested.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/38770/20060121/walsh_prepared_to_wait_even_longer_on_trade_doesnt_expect_to_have_to/

I cant believe Kings are showing 0 interest in picking up Artest when we so desperately could use his offense and especially his defense. All we probably need to get rid of is Peja for him. Not like Peja is doing us any good anyway. Peja for Artest now Petrie.
Why would they want Peja? His stock is at an all time low. A naggin injury that will never heal or go away. Will only eventually get worse. His shooting is getting more and more inconsistant. Why would they want that?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bibby_10 said:

It takes two to make a trade. As DocHolliday has pointed out, there is no reason for the Pacers to accept Peja alone in trade for Artest. In fact, they'd probably laugh if it was even mentioned.

VF21 said:
It takes two to make a trade. As DocHolliday has pointed out, there is no reason for the Pacers to accept Peja alone in trade for Artest. In fact, they'd probably laugh if it was even mentioned.
indeed

walsh has waited this long. there's no way he's about to go into panic mode right now, and trading for peja stojakovic--who is valued much less than artest, despite artest's proclivity for idiocy--would be panicking. he and the whole pacers organization have made it very clear that they are not approaching this matter lightly, but are electing to be patient and wait for the right scenario to present itself. he's willing to sacrifice this season, basically, and wait until after the trade deadline to move artest. in other words, we'll likely see artest traded soon, but if it doesn't pan out, we'll be hearing artest trade rumors all the way to the offseason.

I beg to differ. In spite of his slump/motivation problems - Peja straight up for Artest at this stage of things would not be a bad deal for Indy.

Lets see which of them makes more noise in the league the next 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I am a longtime Peja critic - but he quit on the Kings a couple years ago don't forget, and when he gets a change of scenery things could change.

If I'm Indy I do that deal (Peja essentially straight up).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Plus, when did Peja have his best years?

Being second fiddle to superstar power-forward Chris Webber.

And who will he now be second fiddle to??? Superstar power-forward Jermaine O'Neal.

Throw that pitch, along with the whole "Change of scenery" pitch, and maybe...

But it still won't happen...Peja's play has been nothing short of horrible, and I don't think Indy would take the chance that Peja just might re-become the player he once was.

Francisco d'Anconia said:
I beg to differ. In spite of his slump/motivation problems - Peja straight up for Artest at this stage of things would not be a bad deal for Indy.

Lets see which of them makes more noise in the league the next 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I am a longtime Peja critic - but he quit on the Kings a couple years ago don't forget, and when he gets a change of scenery things could change.

If I'm Indy I do that deal (Peja essentially straight up).
good thing you're not. all benefits go to kings in this trade. not to mention that jermaine o'neal, the team's star, has said already that he would not want peja on the team. that's no ringing endorsement if you're donnie walsh.

now, i still wouldn't mind this particular trade happening, but it's so one-sided it's not even funny.

I don't think Artest is coming here, Geoff must really hate him and the clippers announcers must be really high. I give up, I've lost all hope for this season(but I still think we'll beat Miami tomorrow).

VF21 said:
Actually, they wouldnt laugh probably because they havent received too many interesting offers yet. If they had a trade would have been done long ago. Also, if Petrie had moved his rear as soon as Artest was on the block we wouldnt be having this discussion right now. Wherever Artest ends up he will make that team a hell of a lot better.

Padrino said:
all benefits go to kings in this trade. .....it's so one-sided it's not even funny.
By "all benefits" you mean the guy who the Pacers cannot give away with a large dowry? The guy who virtually nobody in the league wants? And best irony of all, the guy who nearly everyone on this board was swearing up and down a few weeks ago was NOT ENOUGH to get in trade for Peja.

Fickle fickle fickle... the most fickle and prone to rash judgement fans in the league. Now lets talk about the huge extension we should give Bonzi after a dozen good games...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bibby_10 said:
Actually, they wouldnt laugh probably because they havent received too many interesting offers yet. If they had a trade would have been done long ago. Also, if Petrie had moved his rear as soon as Artest was on the block we wouldnt be having this discussion right now. Wherever Artest ends up he will make that team a hell of a lot better.
Actually, we don't know what offers the Pacers have received. The whole "Petrie should have done this right away" has NO basis in fact because we simply do not know if the Pacers would accept any offer we make.

SoupIsGood said:
Pacers wouldn't be able to re-sign Peja, and he isn't a Carlisle player or a winning player..... Peja doesn't make much sense.
Pedja wouldn't make much sense? Put down JO's kool-aid. A spot up shooter in EC slow-down type of game, playing outside to JO's inside game would make all too much sense. Ask the Legend. Besides, as is evident to everyone who's been watching Kings now and 2 or more years ago. There seems to be too much milage on Pedja's clock. Even though he is only 29, he will be entering his 15th year as a full-time pro player and he's looking at an uspectacular salary amd maybe 2-3 more years of starting. He'd fit quite well on the Pacers.

Now, all we need is to convince Donnie. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bozzwell said:
There seems to be too much milage on Pedja's clock. Even though he is only 29, he will be entering his 15th year as a full-time pro player...
Add to that the number of years he played on the national team and you have a player with a lot of miles, bumps, bruises, etc. on him.

I don't always remember that. He's played this game a long, long time. He honestly could be starting to run out of steam...

Maybe Peja will just retire after this year or go back to play in Greece and enjoy his beautiful wife and his 2 kids (the girl is due in 7 weeks. Right?).

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
vj9999 said:
Maybe Peja will just retire after this year or go back to play in Greece and enjoy his beautiful wife and his 2 kids (the girl is due in 7 weeks. Right?).
He can't retire. He'd have one ticked off agent who wants his cut of what he believes will be a max contract. I wonder if his agent still believes he'll get Peja a max contract, with the year Peja is having.:p

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
6th said:
He isn't. His wife is. :D
Aha! One of my bugaboos too!

As far as I can tell, no man has ever "had" a child, and indeed I like it that way, thanks. ;) (if you had to count on me to continue the species by going through what it takes to have children...well, ants would inherit the Earth :D ).

bozzwell said:
Pedja wouldn't make much sense? Put down JO's kool-aid. A spot up shooter in EC slow-down type of game, playing outside to JO's inside game would make all too much sense. Ask the Legend. Besides, as is evident to everyone who's been watching Kings now and 2 or more years ago. There seems to be too much milage on Pedja's clock. Even though he is only 29, he will be entering his 15th year as a full-time pro player and he's looking at an uspectacular salary amd maybe 2-3 more years of starting. He'd fit quite well on the Pacers.

Now, all we need is to convince Donnie. ;)
Peja doesn't make sense.

1. He's soft.

2. He would leave after this season.

3. He's ONLY 29...? :eek: Pacers are trying to go young.

4. He plays poor defense...... for Carisle, that means he wouldn't start.

5. JO has already said he wouldn't be a good fit.

6. Pacers don't have a need at SF, Danny Granger is the guy for the future.

7. He's soft.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SoupIsGood said:
Peja doesn't make sense.

1. He's soft.

7. He's soft.

Ahh, but JO does want Bonzi. So, the question is: Would the Pacers take Peja if that is what it took to get Bonzi? No question that any deal, if there were one, would be multi-player.....at least in my mind. :p

6th said:
Ahh, but JO does want Bonzi. So, the question is: Would the Pacers take Peja if that is what it took to get Bonzi? No question that any deal, if there were one, would be multi-player.....at least in my mind. :p
Well, they would trade Ron for Peja and Bonzi, if that's what you mean..... but only because that trade is highway robbery, talent-wise ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SoupIsGood said:
Well, they would trade Ron for Peja and Bonzi, if that's what you mean..... but only because that trade is highway robbery, talent-wise ;)
Hey, I said multi-player. We can't be the only ones to give up more than one. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SoupIsGood said:
Peja doesn't make sense.

1. He's soft.

7. He's soft.
If the Pacers are trying to go young they are certainly doing a crap job of it:

Tinsley -- 27
Jackson -- 27
O'Neal -- 27
Foster -- 28

Peja is actually still 28 himself. (born June 1977). Would seem to fit exactly in.

Bricklayer said:
If the Pacers are trying to go young they are certainly doing a crap job of it:

Tinsley -- 27
Jackson -- 27
O'Neal -- 27
Foster -- 28

Peja is actually still 28 himself. (born June 1977). Would seem to fit exactly in.
That's right, I was thinking of the age at the start of the next season.

SoupIsGood said:
Peja doesn't make sense.

1. He's soft.

7. He's soft.
Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Just trade Artest already. ;)