American Idol 2010 - Season Nine

Casey, Andrew and Micheal out of the boys are the ones I like.
Which one is Michael? For some reason I don't remember him. I agree about Casey and Andrew though. Lee was actually my favorite of the guys this week but i feel Andrew probably has the most potential out of the bunch.

Out of the girls Lilly, Siobhan, Didi and Crystal are my favorites, in that order.

I thought Big Mike was a likeable guy with questionable performing ability but I really liked him too last night. More than Casey, Andrew and Lee. I hope that he continues to perform without the guitar. I fear Andrew may be a one trick pony, I'd like to see him do something completely different for a change. Straight Up was great, but he's been coasting.

Have they ever rescheduled for a sick contestant before? Seems like I remember quite a few "tough luck, you're sick, everybody deals with something" comments in the past.

Have they ever rescheduled for a sick contestant before? Seems like I remember quite a few "tough luck, you're sick, everybody deals with something" comments in the past.
I'm pretty sure they haven't, but it was when they were down to only one "singing competition" show per week. This was pretty easy to flip-flop the nights.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I pretty much echo what others have said. Mike, Casey, Andrew and Lee are the talents. I sure wish they'd go to voting the worst off, especially in the early rounds, instead of voting to keep your favorite.

Well, after watching the girls tonight, I want to say....can I have my 2 hours back. I really liked the song Crystal sang. That was really good. And I'm so glad she is feeling better. I read that she was having medical issues due to diabetes. Great to have her back.

The only other girl I thought was good was Siobhan. Everyone else was awful.

Ryan

I like turtles
Everyone else was awful.
There's been a lot of talk this year about where and how they went wrong with the talent. With this being their ninth season and having hundred's of thousands of people apply each year, I simply believe they ran out of great singers. I think they should take a few years off, let some new talent come in, and come back in 2014.

There are great singers that get passed up every year, I don't think that there is a shortage of great singers. A big part of the problem is the cattle call for auditions. Rock Star and the initial seasons of Nashville Star, both of which featured talent far superior to anything AI usually gets, had talent scouts to get top talent. In at least the first season Nashville Star had regional contests to get into the televised contest. That might be a great idea to explore. Have hopefuls enter a series of regional contests where they do 3 song sets and so by the time we're getting the show we're getting like the top 8 or top 10 in each region. Bypass all the drama and BS, particularly group week which has absolutely nothing to do with the contest. You'd get better seasoned performers yet still keep the idea that this is open to everyone.

They also should consider dumping the age limit entirely.

I think they need a screening process, too. Their open auditions are boring and now attract way too many kooks, many of whom know they can't sing. They just hope to be outrageous enough to be on TV. Then there are the poor seriously deluded folks who actually seem to think they have talent. Who wants to watch all that, seriously? I agree that Hollywood week is pretty useless as far as finding the right talent to move on.

I have only watched AI for the last couple of years, plus this season. It's certainly not must watch TV for me.

wow I can't believe they sent home the ripe banana who looked like a Beatle. Or the blondes. The dancer guy was a bubble guy for me but I really thought the young kid and the "straight up" guy would get whacked.

That "top 12" show tonight was WAY off - I'm totally digusted!

I wish something good was on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

I can't believe some of the people that got through over Lilly and Alex. Not that they were anything special, but Katie and Aaron were both awful for weeks.

Andrew Garcia has been completely exposed as a one trick pony but he was good enough to stay since so many were so bad. I don't think he was anywhere near the bottom though, they just wanted to inject some fear into him to get him to step up his game.

This was already destined to be the worst top 12 and it actually got worse than I was expecting thanks to Lilly, Kaitlyn and Alex's dismissals.

wow I can't believe they sent home the ripe banana who looked like a Beatle. Or the blondes. The dancer guy was a bubble guy for me but I really thought the young kid and the "straight up" guy would get whacked.

That "top 12" show tonight was WAY off - I'm totally digusted!

I wish something good was on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
NCIS, NCIS:LOS ANGELES - Tuesdays. ;)

Yeah I think Crystal is the best of everyone, I am not sure she has it in her to go all the way though. She already looks mentally and physically exhausted. I think Siobhan is interesting too though I honestly hated her House of the Rising Sun. The rest all stink, and both of the girls that went home last night are particularly better than Lacey, Katie and Paige.

I wonder if Simon sabotaged this year someway because it would certainly boost the X-Factor if Idol is perceived to be in the tank.

I haven't really been impressed with the guys except for Big Mike, Andrew and even Casey. Lately Andrew hasn't impressed me since his audition.

I really hope Crystal can make it all the way, however, did you see her the other night. Man, I felt bad for her. She looked mentally exhausted. However, I am kind of wondering if her diabetes is playing a factor into this since she had that medical scare a little while ago. Did you see her last night as she is sitting down on the chair for the top 12, and Aaron asked her if she was alright....well I am not good at reading lips, but that's what it looked like.

I agree, Siobhan is interesting. I think she does have a nice voice.

It will be interesting next week with the competitors singing the songs of the Rolling Stones.

The last several weeks, I've said to myself that I want my 2 hours back. Well, this week is no difference. Let's just get it over with and put the top 3 in already, which consists of Crystal, Siobhan and Michael. The rest aren't even in their league.

I don't remember who said it, either Simon or Kara, but Andrew Garcia is probably over rated. Yea, he had a good audition and everyone, including myself thought he was going to be really good. Let's face it, the last 3 weeks, his songs has been pitchy and he hasn't been good at all.

Since we haven't had a lot of discussion this season and the last post was dated 3-12-2010, which was made by me, I think everyone is just not into it at as in seasons past.

From now on, I am just going to DVR the show and just listen to who I think is the top 3 and just forget about everyone else.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't even picked up the phone to vote this year. I agree that Crystal and Siobhan are incredible, and I like Big Mike but didn't care for his performance tonight. I loved Andrew Garcia at first, but realize it was his interpretation of Paula Abdul's song that I liked and that he just doesn't seem to bring a lot of variety to the stage.

PurpleReign - Last year didn't you find a listing of the upcoming themes? I'd sure like to see them.

Miley Cyrus was a real surprise. I told KG4 this afternoon I thought they were crazy to bring in someone that young as a mentor but, after watching the show, I think she might easily in the top 5 of all-time mentors. She really seemed to give excellent advice.

I think Paige is gone tomorrow.

I still have it on the DVR but even the good people bore me so much I am in no hurry to watch and the bad people are so dull and mediocre there isn't really any train wreck potential or even a real villain to root against.

Hopefully X-Factor can breed some new life into these shows next year.

I think Crystal Bowersox is the only one I would actually pay to see in concert. Terrific.
I think Crystal is great, but I'd add Siobhan. She's so young and I think she is only get to better as she gains experience performing. She needs to avoid having people think she's one dimensional with those high notes, because she actually has a great voice, that is so much more than just that.

I like both, because they are both are unafraid to be different. While they both enjoy validation as singers, I don't think either would change who they are, solely to gain favor. Does not mean they aren't open to suggestions/critiques and no artist should be. Just that they will consider suggestions they feel helps them be the best self/artists they can be, without changing their vision of themselves as artists.

I wouldn't pay to see either of them but I agree that Crystal and Siobhan are the true talents this season, though I thought mullety Alex may have had the smoothest voice and loads of potential and was just starting to get over his stage fright when he got the boot. The male talent is pretty much just a lesser version of stuff we've seen before, though I think Big Mike is at least fun on stage. The rest pretty much hide behind their guitars or are teeny-bopper fair. I never thought in a million years when they finally let people showcase their instrumental talents that it would be the death of the show but in 3 years it has really turned many of the more talented musically performers into the ones with little to no stage presence that bore me to tears.

Siobhan has to avoid the Adam Lambert screaming syndrome - I started to hate Adam last year because of the predictable end of song scream. But, she is so fascinating. The way she can go from mega-dork to smokin hot between rehearsal and performance - that is intriguing. I like her.

Crystal - well she is just a real pro, and you could tell by her casual mannerisms a few shows ago - I've never seen such swagger from anybody including Daughtry or Adam or anybody. I would love to hear Crystal and Melissa Etheridge together - or even as a trio with Joss Stone.

A Crystal/Siobhan finale would be good. Big Mike (who just eats Reuben Studdard for breakfast) rounds out the top three.

The dark horse to me is that guy who went first last night (forget his name). He has plain stage mannerisms, but he is one of the very best singers I've heard on the show. If he could get boosted by the producers or mentors into a little more interesting personality... he could be a good #4. Maybe the most recordable voice along with Crystal. Put him in Third Eye Blind or The Wallflowers or something... he'd fit right in.

Never in any season have I seen this many lamo's in the top 12 though. Bad season - perhaps the last season of this show?

The dark horse to me is that guy who went first last night (forget his name). He has plain stage mannerisms, but he is one of the very best singers I've heard on the show. If he could get boosted by the producers or mentors into a little more interesting personality... he could be a good #4. Maybe the most recordable voice along with Crystal. Put him in Third Eye Blind or The Wallflowers or something... he'd fit right in.

Never in any season have I seen this many lamo's in the top 12 though. Bad season - perhaps the last season of this show?
That guy is Lee Dyweze (sp?). I like him quite a bit, too. He's just low-key, but very good, I think.

I actually think Casey is pretty good. His problem is he is just so stiff as a performer. He looks like a guy who would ooze swagger, but it's just not him, at all. I think he's basically a very shy person and doesn't look very comfortable in the spotlight. I think he'd do much better with a band around him.

Little Aaron has avery good voice, too.

Basically, though I think Crystal and Siobhan are steps above anything the guys have shown, so far.

Last edited: