All-Purpose Reno Bighorns thread

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well I see we held them to 37 in the first quarter, so if we can just get back to playing that type of defense we should be able to have a chance. Hold them only 70 in the second hald, and try to nip them 155 to 154.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
So, again, we're being beaten at our own game. Perhaps "our own game" does not work against anything above a DII level. Somewhere, Mike D'Antoni softly weeps.

gunks

Hall of Famer
On the bright side...

Maybe Vivek will see that his craaaaaaaaaaaazzzyyyy ideas about "fun" and "entertaining" basketball is just a bunch of crap that gets you destroyed in an embarrassing fashion.

Our owner needs to get it out of his system. Better to do that in D-League.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Damien Wilkens is an assist away from a triple-double. Granted, he ought to be dominating these guys, but it's still funny to see.

Moreland is the only guy for the Bighorns even trying to play defense.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Considering he has a track record of at least being a serviceable wingman, it's surprising to me that Wilkins hasn't found a roster spot this season.

Well, if at some point Sim becomes available to play, that would produce very interesting footage. Cherry-picking will finally come true. And DFC is still the franchise player around here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have not watched any D-League games. Having said that, it certainly appears from the scores that most teams are playing with the most emphasis on offense. When you think about it, it actually makes sense. Why? Because if there's a guy there who shows any inclination towards real defense he's not in the DL long. There are too many spots available in the show for guys who can even just spell defense, let alone show they might actually be able to play it.