76ers @ Kings Game Thread, 12/30, 7 p.m. PST

WTF Moment of the game? (FT Edition)

• Brockman channels Rick Barry (4/4 FT's, 1.000%)

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Nuggets channel Shaq (20/35 FT's, 57.1%)

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Coach all of a sudden starts to believes Sergio can shoot FT's like Martin during crunch time

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm blaming Westphal for the terrible rotations and Sixers just being on fire for the loss. It seems like they didn't miss in the 2nd half.

S

sactownfan

BOO! they shot well, but in part to bad defense and careless play...

our team just lacked intensity from the beginning...

This evening I have grown to dislike Hawes even more than I thought possible. He is a total NON FACTOR. He plays no defense and he has no offense. WHY is he in the game? Brockman would give you more hustle and more rebounding. Brockman would probably give you more scoring as well. The whole team has played weak defense, but defense starts in the middle, and Hawes just can not play defense period! Sure you can blame several other factors tonight, like Beno and Casspi missing gimmies, but Hawes has been a constant all year. Constantly BAD all year. I REALLY hope that Petrie can find a REAL center that can start for this team. Hawes just isnt gonna cut it. He is not even a good option off the bench. He is obviously allergic to weights, because he has the arms of a 12 year old boy. His lack of strength is the main reason he cant get his shot off in traffic or rebound or defend. They need to permanently bench Hawes and trade for a REAL center, not the wuss we have now. You can see that the other players are tired of having to double off their man to help Hawes because he is incapable of defending ANY center in the league by himself. Just Pathetic !!:mad:

With a REAL center who can defend his position and defend the goal, the Kings could be a pretty good team. As long as we have to double team whoever Hawes is guarding, our defense will be compromised. You cant afford to have a center who cant guard anyone. I mean, he cant guard small forwards and guards! They come right down the lane and either score or he fouls them! RARE is the time he gets a clean block. The Coaching staff really needs to look at other options at the center position.

I say start Brockman at center! At least he will give you effort and rebounding! Hawes has had 3 years to get stronger and bulk up to play center in the NBA, and it looks like he has never picked up a weight in his LIFE! He has done NOTHING to improve himself physically! Just being 7 foot tall in the NBA isn't enough! The Kings fans deserve better than a weak wuss of a center! Whenever Hawes leaves the court, the Kings defense actually IMPROVES! 3 years is enough. Hawes is a B U S T! No more saying he will improve or he is still young, it is plain to see that he just isn't interested in being a good center in the NBA! ENOUGH ALREADY!

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

It's something called consistency over time. Beno has it. Sergio hasn't shown any yet. Try to save evaluation of players for more then 1 game.
im only talking about this one game... i could care less about consistency, beno sucked this game....

I'm blaming Westphal for the terrible rotations and Sixers just being on fire for the loss. It seems like they didn't miss in the 2nd half.
Great. Blame our COY candidate becasue we had a poor game without our starting backcourt. He played everyone, and no one had it going tonight except Omri and Donte to a certain extent.

This evening I have grown to dislike Hawes even more than I thought possible. He is a total NON FACTOR. He plays no defense and he has no offense. WHY is he in the game? Brockman would give you more hustle and more rebounding. Brockman would probably give you more scoring as well. The whole team has played weak defense, but defense starts in the middle, and Hawes just can not play defense period! Sure you can blame several other factors tonight, like Beno and Casspi missing gimmies, but Hawes has been a constant all year. Constantly BAD all year. I REALLY hope that Petrie can find a REAL center that can start for this team. Hawes just isnt gonna cut it. He is not even a good option off the bench. He is obviously allergic to weights, because he has the arms of a 12 year old boy. His lack of strength is the main reason he cant get his shot off in traffic or rebound or defend. They need to permanently bench Hawes and trade for a REAL center, not the wuss we have now. You can see that the other players are tired of having to double off their man to help Hawes because he is incapable of defending ANY center in the league by himself. Just Pathetic !!:mad:
As much as I like Brockman, he can't shoot and he can't pass. Hawes can shoot and pass. Brockman has a lot of heart.

At this point, neither one is a top center in this league.

Great. Blame our COY candidate becasue we had a poor game without our starting backcourt. He played everyone, and no one had it going tonight except Omri and Donte to a certain extent.
Like I posted earlier, he only played Donte 15 minutes and Casspi 13 minutes in the 1st half. He had a terrible lineup at the end of the 2nd half with Sergio, Beno, Ime, Noc, and Hawes.. like I posted earlier. Kings had a 10 point lead in the 1st and bad rotations cost them the lead.

I love how you jump to the conclusion that I hate Westphal, I just said I'm blaming the loss tonight on bad rotations as well as the Sixers just being on. But Westphal has made it a bad habit recently to go to his bench way too much and not focus on giving those who play well minutes.

Give some credits to Sixers-they played well and shot extremly well! It is just sone of those nights in NBA that you could play for 5 hours and could not come closer, cause opponent is on fire!
Happy new year from Slovenia-we are going into 2010 in 17 hours ;)

Beno doesn't have any room for error when Tyreke is out and let's just say he had better games. The stretch in the fourth when PW rested Omri was real bad and killed the game.

Coach W post-game comments (partial): "I'll start off by telling you what I just told the team in the locker room. We were ripe to be picked off tonight - we're not as good as people say we are. You have to bounce back from good wins, just like you have to bounce back from bad losses."

Status
Not open for further replies.