76ers @ Kings Game Thread, 12/30, 7 p.m. PST

WTF Moment of the game? (FT Edition)

• Brockman channels Rick Barry (4/4 FT's, 1.000%)

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Nuggets channel Shaq (20/35 FT's, 57.1%)

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Coach all of a sudden starts to believes Sergio can shoot FT's like Martin during crunch time

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAAAAND TKO!!! The Kings are coming off of an impressive, team oriented victory over the Nuggets. This game against Philly is the breather. Who would have thought the Kings would go into the new year on the verge of .500? Almost nobody - except a few purple tinted glasses wearing homers in here (Hi guys! Glad you were right!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carmelo Anthony and co. played a terrible, terrible game. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. You can attribute some of the poor effort to (quite possibly) our best defensive effort of the season -- the free throw stripe and Dontezilla in particular put forth amazing efforts. We should sign last night's stripe to an extension.

Buckets is gonna have to add a "NO" prefix to his nickname. That dude is turning into an amazing defender. Totally different player from last year. For those of you just now returning from last year's abyss: No, this is not the same team you witnessed last season. The infusion of toughness and heart that Petrie brought in during the offseason is rubbing off on Beno, Donte, and Even K9. The new guys have started to invigorate a lethargic fanbase. The Kings are on their way up baby, and I'm lovin' the ride!

Three division leading conference finalists in three games. Each one played tough, beyond this team's expectations. Awesome. Keep it up guys: Dallas, the lakers (again), and Phoenix are right around the corner. What a brutal stretch. I hope Evans and Martin return in good form.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Award time:

TDM- Ty Lawson. He's a disruptive little fella, isn't he?

LW-VC - JR Smith - Kings Killer, was nowhere in the building. *whew*

JHA - K9 showed up for 3 minutes. Bet ya didn't notice, huh?

SAR - Methuselah - Hawes was removed in favor of the more active Brockman. It paid off, big time.

RA&1 - Sergio wins it back to back. I wish he would slow down. His passes scare me.

WTF moment(s) of the game - I pick Brockman being perfect from the stripe. I expect nothing less from here on out ;).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 76ers are playing terrible ball. They have a record of 8-22 in the (l)East. Looking at their lineup, I see no real reason why they should suck so bad. Maybe it's their youth. I think that's probably it. The dual A.I's will prove to be problematic, and Dalembert will disrupt whatever he can around the basket, but that team has had no real time to gel. The only way the Kings lose is if they still don't have Evans and don't take the 76ers seriously.

Predictions:

Kings: 103 - 76ers: 93

Pts: Thompson 21 - Iguadola 22
Rbds: Brockman 9 - Dalembert 8
Asst: Udrih 5 - Iguadola 6
Blocks: Dontezilla 3 - Dalembert 3

Probable Starters:

Kings - 76ers

Udrih - Iverson - Iverson may or may not explode for 30, we'll just have to hold our breaths.
Greene - Green - Greene with an extra E wins.
Casspi - Iguadola - Iggy is dangerous, Casspi may not be experienced enough. Just shift Donte over to him on the defensive end.
Thompson - Young - Thompson should be alright with either Young or Brand.
Hawes - Dalembert - Sam is gonna be a problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should be one below .500 going into 2010.

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
I think the only danger is underestimating the Sixers and coming into this game flat, expecting an easy win.

We should win, but we will certainly have to play hard and well.

Finally one game where we can say that we aren't underdogs. IMO we have better and more passionate team and we have home court advantage, so we should really win and get closer to the 8th spot!

I think that our players have learned something in those games against Cavs and Lakers and that they can fix those mistakes in this game.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Well they have Iverson, Iguodala, not sure if Thad Young is playing, but they still have Kings Killer Elton Brand..

After an overtime loss to the Cavs, a double OT loss to the Lakers, and last night's victory over another elite team in the Nuggets, it's gonna be hard to maintain the same kind of focus and energy that they had in these games, but hopefully the never ending chase of the .500 record and PW will get them mentally prepared for the game.

I just noticed that the Sixers beat the Trailblazers last Monday Night. And handily.

I hope it's because the Blazers came out flat and overconfident.

Apparently Iverson had a good night.

I hope we're focused and prepared to play hard. In this stretch of games, we need to win games against lessor teams.

On KHTK yesterday, Grant said Evans was still doubtful. We probably won't really know until close to game time. As much as I'd like to see Evans out there, this ankle thing has been bothersome since the start of the season. I'd rather he let it get better.

He was in a boot the day before yesterday... Yesterday he said it felt a lot better and was able to do drills.. Today is another story though.. Haven't heard anything.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
andrew nicholoson just reported on twitter "tyreke is out tonight with an ankle sprain."....

Who's Andrew Nicholson? Is that the Kings mouthpiece over at Kings.com?

If true that doubly sucks. His hometown team, and more importantly a home game for us. There are about 2 months to go until they start mailing out Season Ticket stuff, this town needs an identifiable star to bond with to get people back in the building. Scrappy no names certainly beat 17 win quitters, but you're not going to get people to dish out $5000 in this economy to watch Beno Udrih or Jon Brockman. We need the marquee at home even more than the road.

I went with Beno scoring the most points in the prediction game, but I got a feeling Donte errupts for at least 30 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.