49ers

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Strickland deserves the game ball, IMHO, just for breaking up that pass that could have been the dagger in our hearts.
Or Willis for running down a wide receiver on his way to a sure touch down. Willis is a star already.

Ooooops, one more note showed agreement.

When Arizona was getting ready to kick their FG in OT I shut it off and went and took a shower. When I came out I see the Niners won. lol Awesome.

Definitely by far the funnest game of the year to watch, even before they won.

So what are the 9ers chances vs. Carolina this weekend. Carolina's offense has serious problems but thier defense is still pretty good, especialy up front. I can see this game being low scoring. My hope is that the offense can keep up last weeks offensive momentum and start a streak.

GO 9ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what are the 9ers chances vs. Carolina this weekend. Carolina's offense has serious problems but thier defense is still pretty good, especialy up front. I can see this game being low scoring. My hope is that the offense can keep up last weeks offensive momentum and start a streak.
No, no, no. I'm going to the game next week vs. the Vikes. No streak for you. ;)

No, no, no. I'm going to the game next week vs. the Vikes. No streak for you. ;)
Ok, now I'm confused....did the Vikings play in Los Angeles at some point in their history or is it just the crazy purple/gold color scheme? I need to know these things, I thought I understood and this curveball is throwing my whole universe out of kilter....

;)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Beer-man daggered us today.

I say we very well could have had a great shot of winning if he didn't fumble...Talk about a momentum killer.

:mad:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The sad thing is...He's probably just about on the same level of our very own Alex Smith.

:(

It's a sad time for 49er QBs, and I prey to the football Gods Colt Brennan falls to us at 32.

Dude, Dilfer threw FOUR interceptions today. Smith has like 4 all season. Smith before the shoulder injury was a lot more accurate. Sure he's not great, but he's not THIS TERRIBLE.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He also has all of 2 TD passes.

The guy just doesn't have what it takes to be any sort of effective...No pocket presence, no leadership, no nothing.

:mad:

And yes, I have 100% fallen off his bandwagon...I wanted to give him a chance after last season, but it has been a nightmare this year and you have to wonder where his ceiling is...I just don't see it very high at all.

He lead the 9ers to the win in AZ and tried to play through a badly seperated shoulder. I just wish he would show more emotion on the field. But nobody has played well this year, and Dilfer is horrible so I don't see how you can say he's as bad as Dilfer.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yes, but after showing he was a 'warrior' playing through the injury, and after he failed didn't he whine about it to the media?

(I could be wrong, as I seldom read what he says, but I remember people talking about it and thats what I got from their comments)

He may not be AS bad as Dilfer but he's almost right there with him bad.

OK... I admit my prediction of 49ers in the playoffs after week 2 may have been just a bit premature.

What the heck has happened to this team? This is not the point they're supposed to be at. The rebuilding is supposed to be essentially finished; they should be contenders now.

I've always liked Dilfer; I just can't believe how crummy he looks. Is he really that washed-up?

How far away really is this team from competing in the NFL? I think a decent QB alone might get them close to .500. And Smith ain't the guy. Even without the injury, he regressed this year.

Do you really want to go into next season starting a fourth-year QB whose claim to fame is one mediocre season two years ago?

Ok, now I'm confused....did the Vikings play in Los Angeles at some point in their history or is it just the crazy purple/gold color scheme? I need to know these things, I thought I understood and this curveball is throwing my whole universe out of kilter....

;)

HAHA MBF! No, they didn't play in LA, in fact I was a season ticket holder to the Rams when they did play in Anaheim. I'm not nor was I ever a Rams fan, but I like going to football games. A friend of mine from high school (Gary Zimmerman) used to play for the Vikes for years and an ex of mine was and still is a die-hard Vikings fan, so I jumped on the wagon and never left. No matter how much they suck, they're stuck with me. ;) Once I'm a fan, I don't change teams.

Four friends are coming up for the game next week. Hope we continue on a roll.

Last edited:
HAHA MBF! No, they didn't play in LA, in fact I was a season ticket holder to the Rams when they did play in Anaheim. I'm not nor was I ever a Rams fan, but I like going to football games. A friend of mine from high school (Gary Zimmerman) used to play for the Vikes for years and an ex of mine was and still is a die-hard Vikings fan, so I jumped on the wagon and never left. No matter how much they suck, they're stuck with me. ;) Once I'm a fan, I don't change teams.

Four friends are coming up for the game next week. Hope we continue on a roll.
Hey, no streak for me, no rolling for you! :D

GO 9ERS!

Yea Willis is my favorite player right now. Also Battle has started playing better even though we're losing. I want to see what our rookie WR can do also though.
Yeah Willis had his second straight 18 tackle game.

Might as well see Jason Hill, we aren't going anywhere...think he's hurt though.

We lost obviosly but Shaun Hill finally got in...unfortunatly Dilfer got hurt and hope he's ok but Hill came in and all of a sudden we were moving the ball down field.

oh and everyone thought Adrian Peterson was going to destroy us and he compiled 14 carries for 3 yards including a great head on collission with Willis and Willis stuffing him so that was sweet to see ^_^

I went out to the game and the performance by Trent Dilfer was absolutely abysmal. He missed so many throws, missed open players on the flats, got rattled too easily, had poor footwork, and generally did not look like a veteran QB. Fans in the upper reserves were chanting for Shaun Hill in the 2nd quarter. It was great to see him come in and lead us down the field for the score. The 49ers defense actually played pretty well considering all the turnovers. Take away the 80 yard run by Taylor and the defense was very stingy all day. It was disappointing to see them lose, but that's the way its been all year.

Home from the game. Got to our seats just in time to see the first snap, interception and TD. We were in row 7 right near the goal. Fun game, but it took longer to get home than to watch the whole game! No more trips to San Fran for me.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ch 13's website is reporting that a 31 yr old man fell to his death at the 49er game today. Apparently, he was sitting on a wall on the concourse when he fell about 20 feet.

What a shame. Sounds just like the young man that fell at ARCO a short while back.

Prayers and condolences for his family and friends. :(