(3)Kings versus (6)Warriors Pre-Playoff Series Thread

Guess the end result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the hemming and hawing about the West, 9 teams finished above .500 and several of the teams finished among the hottest in the league. We are moving towards a future filled with a bunch of slightly above .500 teams due to how stacked the league is with talent. It’s great
IMO the hemming and hawing about the West was shortsighted and mostly from those that don’t know what they don’t know.

The top 3 out East are as good as any team. Beyond those three teams, the West on the whole has more top tier talent and better teams.

Long term absences from star players of the Warriors, Suns, Clippers, Wolves, La LeBrons, Pel, Griz, etc is what has led some to suddenly believe the gap has suddenly closed after all these years.

Last edited:
Even at face value the tickets were absurd unless you were a STH who got a pick of the litter. You should try for the Monday general sale at noon. But expect to pay no less than $200/ticket for upper level, and $450/ticket for lower level. It’s still a better option than the scalper prices.

Unfortunately, I think some STHs are the scalpers, not the bots. And this is to no hate of any STHs reading this
Heck if I was a STH I'd consider recovering some of my investment if I had good lower bowl tix. Don't hate the player.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Actually, there were a fair amount of STH’s during the 1998-2006 era that used to do just that.

It ain’t nothing new.
Yeah, but y'all didn't have any series against the team down the street, in those years.

Who cares if an STH is willing to sell his playoff tickets to a Jazz fan? How many of those are there in Sacramento? Probably more than zero, but definitely not enough to make it sound like the Kings are playing on the road.

IMO the hemming and hawing about the West was shortsighted and mostly from those that don’t know what they don’t know.

The top 3 out East are as good as any team. Beyond those three teams, the West on the whole has more top tier talent and better teams.

Long term absences from star players of the Warriors, Suns, Clippers, Wolves, La LeBrons, Pel, Griz, etc is what has led some to suddenly believe the gap has suddenly closed after all these years.
Win totals are down across the west which has a lot to do with the fact that the top contenders had a lot of games missed. And happen to be composed of guys on the wrong side of 30 - while 30-35 is a window where lots of dudes have won chips, its not a spot for racking up regular season wins nor does it predict the next few years out

The future of the west is ours

Yeah, but y'all didn't have any series against the team down the street, in those years.

Who cares if an STH is willing to sell his playoff tickets to a Jazz fan? How many of those are there in Sacramento? Probably more than zero, but definitely not enough to make it sound like the Kings are playing on the road.
I don’t disagree, and I’d personally never sell my playoff tickets. I just know that a lot of ticket holders back in those days leveraged playoff games to help cover the cost of their season tickets.

I’d hope every single STH would refuse to sell their tickets to Warriors or LAL fan. I just realize that’s not going to happen.

As you alluded to, hopefully the amount that do are so small that their fanbase is inaudible over the TV broadcast.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don’t disagree, and I’d personally never sell my playoff tickets. I just know that a lot of ticket holders back in those days leveraged playoff games to help cover the cost of their season tickets.

I’d hope every single STH would refuse to sell their tickets to Warriors or LAL fan. I just realize that’s not going to happen.

As you alluded to, hopefully the amount that do are so small that their fanbase is inaudible over the TV broadcast.
It's a weird thing because are you going to quiz the person you are selling to? With all the resale legalized scalping apps now it's become easy to just rip off the highest bidder in a nameless faceless transaction. I'd probably have a hard time selling hand to hand with someone trying to take their young kid to their first Kings game but I'd have no problem seeing tickets at 10x face value selling and doing a cost/benefit analysis and saying I'll go to one game and pay for the rest of my playoff tickets or a huge chunk of next season selling the other.

R

Reyes134

I see this series going to game 6 or 7. Warriors kind of worry me more than the Clippers. I think we need our bench to step up to have a chance. Personally hoping for Holmes to get back to his old self. What happened to him? Also need TD to shoot better (no more air balls).

Win totals are down across the west which has a lot to do with the fact that the top contenders had a lot of games missed. And happen to be composed of guys on the wrong side of 30 - while 30-35 is a window where lots of dudes have won chips, its not a spot for racking up regular season wins nor does it predict the next few years out

The future of the west is ours
This guy also gets it. Lotta guys getting it.

I can't wait to see what the crowd is like at Golden 1 Center. Arco Arena's crowd was so loud that at times I actually feel sorry for teams that play there lol. They keep missing shots lol. It's a problem if you have players like Anthony Edwards that said he enjoy playing at Golden 1 lol. Nah...you don't want to hear that...you want players to feel uncomfortable/intimating playing there....
I suspect, and would love to be proven wrong, but I suspect the crowd will be much more pro Warrior than you think.

I wanted to attend and was willing to pay up to $250 a ticket. But $600 a ticket is ridiculous for behind the basket lower level. A Warriors fan/hedge fund manager will have no problem with those prices on Ticketmaster and will fill the arena.

The Kings management F’d up. Ticket scalpers knowing the profit they could make bought and put all those tickets on the resale market with likely a 2X mark-up. The Kings managed this poorly and are going to lose their home court advantage as a result.

I see this series going to game 6 or 7. Warriors kind of worry me more than the Clippers. I think we need our bench to step up to have a chance. Personally hoping for Holmes to get back to his old self. What happened to him? Also need TD to shoot better (no more air balls).
Holmes isn't going to sniff the floor unless it's a huge blowout. It's also likely we won't see much TD either. He's been awful as of late.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Even at face value the tickets were absurd unless you were a STH who got a pick of the litter. You should try for the Monday general sale at noon. But expect to pay no less than $200/ticket for upper level, and $450/ticket for lower level. It’s still a better option than the scalper prices.

Unfortunately, I think some STHs are the scalpers, not the bots. And this is to no hate of any STHs reading this
When I was looking at G1C seats the best prices were like $450 each for nosebleeds. F that noise. I'm working tomorrow so I don't have time to try to time a ticket purchase on the off chance there might be some affordable ones that aren't snapped up in the first 5 minutes and immediately resold for double the price.

When I was looking at SF seats for games 3 and 4 the price already went up from $170 each to $190 each in like 10 minutes, so I just jumped on the most affordable ones I could find for game 3, and they actually aren't bad (Section 209, row 11). A couple of random non-resale seats (singles only) were about $185 each, so I don't feel too ripped off getting these two at where I got them price-wise. I have some scheduled events that might make game 4 iffy but hopefully I can make game 3 work OK even if it is a work night. It would be nice to get a confirmed schedule on the series though. I'm just hoping right now that I can make it work.

Last edited:
This was a major major F-up by the Kings front office. They refused to sell tickets early unless you bought season tickets. Then they put them online where apparently brokers snapped them up and sold them at Bay Area prices…..

when Golden 1 center is a pro warriors crowd blame Vivek….

@Vinny Basketballerino if you are in the media I hope you tell this story correctly.

It's a weird thing because are you going to quiz the person you are selling to? With all the resale legalized scalping apps now it's become easy to just rip off the highest bidder in a nameless faceless transaction. I'd probably have a hard time selling hand to hand with someone trying to take their young kid to their first Kings game but I'd have no problem seeing tickets at 10x face value selling and doing a cost/benefit analysis and saying I'll go to one game and pay for the rest of my playoff tickets or a huge chunk of next season selling the other.

I get it. Believe me. To each their own. Far be it for me or anyone else to tell someone what to do with their own property.

The KINGS never made the postseason when my family had season tix, but if I had them today, I could, maybe, see myself selling off a game or two in the first couple rounds (assuming they advanced) but attending the rest.

I wouldn't sell any a game 5 tied 2-2, but could see myself selling a game 5 up 3-1. Something like that.

Unless I just couldn't attend for some job or family related issue, I don't see anyway I'd sell conference finals or finals tix.

And under no circumstances would I knowingly sell to a LAL fan or, in this case, a Warriors fan. No chance. I'd do my best to sell off to a friend or someone I could verify was a KINGS fan. But that's just me. I'm pretty sure I can locate a buyer w/o having to post the tix on a 3rd party site and not know to whom I'm selling.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This was a major major F-up by the Kings front office. They refused to sell tickets early unless you bought season tickets. Then they put them online where apparently brokers snapped them up and sold them at Bay Area prices…..
This is pretty much every ticket sale ever, unfortunately. It's not the Kings FO, it's the ticket "partners" aka Ticketmaster along with Seat Geek and Stub Hub that are all in cahoots with the NBA. Assuming the NBA works the same as every other sports league in existence, as each round goes on the NBA takes more and more of the seats for themselves which is the reason STH are able to get presales, because if the NBA shafts STH it kills everything.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I get it. Believe me. To each their own. Far be it for me or anyone else to tell someone what to do with their own property.

The KINGS never made the postseason when my family had season tix, but if I had them today, I could, maybe, see myself selling off a game or two in the first couple rounds (assuming they advanced) but attending the rest.

I wouldn't sell any a game 5 tied 2-2, but could see myself selling a game 5 up 3-1. Something like that.

Unless I just couldn't attend for some job or family related issue, I don't see anyway I'd sell conference finals or finals tix.

And under no circumstances would I knowingly sell to a LAL fan or, in this case, a Warriors fan. No chance. I'd do my best to sell off to a friend or someone I could verify was a KINGS fan. But that's just me. I'm pretty sure I can locate a buyer w/o having to post the tix on a 3rd party site and not know to whom I'm selling.
I've never resold playoff tickets but the only STH I've ever owned personally are Timbers and my season price was roughly the same as what I'd expect to pay to take my kid to an NBA playoff game.

Of course im always gonna be a bit scared taking on the defending champs and possibly the refs (i pray the officiating doesn't sway the result) but i really do believe we can beat these guys.

The intensity level from top to bottom has got to be better at home and we have got to find ways for Fox and Sabonis to be a bit more aggressive earlier in the game. Get those two going and that literally makes life so much easier on all of our shooters. We can't be predictable and make this a 3 point shooting contest cuz no one is beating the splash bros at that. We gotta kill them from the inside out, in that order. Kings in a surprise 6!!!

I suspect, and would love to be proven wrong, but I suspect the crowd will be much more pro Warrior than you think.

I wanted to attend and was willing to pay up to $250 a ticket. But $600 a ticket is ridiculous for behind the basket lower level. A Warriors fan/hedge fund manager will have no problem with those prices on Ticketmaster and will fill the arena.

The Kings management F’d up. Ticket scalpers knowing the profit they could make bought and put all those tickets on the resale market with likely a 2X mark-up. The Kings managed this poorly and are going to lose their home court advantage as a result.
They lost their Bank. Maybe they don't have so much cash anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.