(3)Kings versus (6)Warriors Pre-Playoff Series Thread

Guess the end result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Anyone else get the link for presale. I hit the link and Ticketmaster gives me no where to put the code.

basically it doesn’t appear to work..
It seems as if presale started at 2:00 yesterday and was pretty much done by 2:05. At noon tomorrow general public tickets are supposed to go on sale in the rumor is there will be another batch of tickets but don't expect too many left by 12:15. It seems as of scalper bots are pretty much just snapping them up.

Depends who wins - if both win, the Grizzlies.
Ah okay, it'll
I don’t know too many long time Kings fans that switched. Except maybe one or two that moved to the Bay Area around the time the Warriors started getting really good…

but I consider turncoats to be casual fans.
I was a Kings fan during the Webber/Peja era. I was devastated when they lost to the Lakers (the referees obviously help the Lakers cheated and I knew right then...because they keep sending Kobe Bryant to the free throw line with very little contact). So, to help battle the disappointed loss through the years....I switch and became a Warriors fan and have been enjoying the Warriors run ever since. But I am always a Kings fan first and Warriors is a sort of a backup plan if the Kings suck. This year, I enjoy the Kings and have lost interest in the Warriors. I guess I am the kind of fan that enjoy watching competitive basketball. If one of the teams didn't do well for some reason, at least I have a backup team to watch lol. Now, for this Playoffs, I am still rooting for the Kings to win...but at the same time, I wish it was some other team other than the Warriors. Either way, whoever come out the winner...at least my journey of watching competitive basketball continue... lol.

This is the case for every series and i hate to be Mr. obvious by saying this, but, winning the first two games gives us the best chance IMO. We're so good on the road, i definitely trust us to steal one in their building. To win the series we're going to have to be A + every time, of course.

It's mostly an every other day schedule: Somehow the TV contracts are set up in a way that ensures that TNT gets at least two games a night, as long as there are at least two games to play, five nights a week (excluding Fridays and Saturdays, which "belong" to ESPN/ABC), until the conference finals. This means that some series end up getting staggered so that there are occasionally 3-4 days between games.
Yeah the first round of the playoffs typically have a bigger gap between games after game 1, if i recall correctly. Two days or so

I just saw it today and it appears tickets were already sold out. But tons of resale tickets on sale for high dollar amounts. Looks like scalpers bought them.

going to suck when Golden One Center is filled with Warrior fans..

It seems as if presale started at 2:00 yesterday and was pretty much done by 2:05. At noon tomorrow general public tickets are supposed to go on sale in the rumor is there will be another batch of tickets but don't expect too many left by 12:15. It seems as of scalper bots are pretty much just snapping them up.
yep. Kings should have forced you to buy resale at the Kings ticket box. Real Kings fans would have driven twice….

I can't wait to see what the crowd is like at Golden 1 Center. Arco Arena's crowd was so loud that at times I actually feel sorry for teams that play there lol. They keep missing shots lol. It's a problem if you have players like Anthony Edwards that said he enjoy playing at Golden 1 lol. Nah...you don't want to hear that...you want players to feel uncomfortable/intimating playing there....

Exactly. Kings fans who have ever bought a ticket or held season tix will get first dibs (emails). There will be no invading. Perhaps a handful - in which case there will be much shunning. Very hard shunning. Please shun.
I think you are wrong. I have bought a ticket and signed up for the presale but didn’t see the email in time. Ticketmaster bots have bought up all the tickets and are selling them at Bay Area prices of 1000 per ticket.

Kings failed in their plan and I suspect the arena will be invaded.

Have a bit of faith. Our biggest weakness is length on the wing and the Warriors don’t have that.

our best defenders match up with their best offensive players and we have a game on tape for them to study.
The thing is when Wiggins comes back and they go with the death lineup how Brown responds. If Brown has to go small to combat it, he needs to cut the PF's out before it costs them any games. The Warriors don't have a ton of length but they will junk ball teams and Klay and Wiggins might be enough in a junk ball scheme. Wiggins is putting up 25 ppg on 55% shooting against Sac this year.

I just saw it today and it appears tickets were already sold out. But tons of resale tickets on sale for high dollar amounts. Looks like scalpers bought them.

going to suck when Golden One Center is filled with Warrior fans..
I think people are letting that last game fool em. We will definitely drown them out in game 1

The thing is when Wiggins comes back and they go with the death lineup how Brown responds. If Brown has to go small to combat it, he needs to cut the PF's out before it costs them any games. The Warriors don't have a ton of length but they will junk ball teams and Klay and Wiggins might be enough in a junk ball scheme.
im not sure trying to match their small lineup is our best bet but idk. Let's see what the first game or two look like

The thing is when Wiggins comes back and they go with the death lineup how Brown responds. If Brown has to go small to combat it, he needs to cut the PF's out before it costs them any games. The Warriors don't have a ton of length but they will junk ball teams and Klay and Wiggins might be enough in a junk ball scheme.
Wiggins hasn’t played in some time and Wiggins isn’t a player who can defend Fox or Sabonis. They are built to stop teams dependent on their wings. That isn’t us.

I think you are wrong. I have bought a ticket and signed up for the presale but didn’t see the email in time. Ticketmaster bots have bought up all the tickets and are selling them at Bay Area prices of 1000 per ticket.

As I posted earlier, we had 2 shots as STH to get extra seats, but the $$ were egregious and we’d all be selling them most likely anyway.

im not sure trying to match their small lineup is our best bet but idk. Let's see what the first game or two look like
Yeah, we'll have to see what the defense looks like I guess. Brown has usually been pretty quick on the trigger so him waiting an entire game to change things up if things are falling apart on mismatches probably won't happen.

Wiggins hasn’t played in some time and Wiggins isn’t a player who can defend Fox or Sabonis. They are built to stop teams dependent on their wings. That isn’t us.
The defense thing will be a TBD for both teams. Does either team win with defense? Probably not but we know Sac, they can't afford to get destroyed on defense, meeting the Warriors halfway into middle rung territory should work. If Wiggins does what he did to the Kings this season the games will be tough. He's averaging 25 ppg on 55% shooting and nearly 40% from 3, can't let that happen. In the F battle the other way Keegan is putting up 13 ppg on 40% from the floor and Barnes is at 6.5 ppg on the season match up.

Last edited:

Shoot. Shun plan entering hyperdrive.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Kings fans invading Chase center? Methinks I hear some beam chants echoing back from the future over there!
I just picked up 2 tickets for Game 3 for $188 each plus fees. Wasn't going to pay that ($400+) for a single ticket, but for two? Outrageous, but my wife said go for it (early birthday gift, and it has been 17 years after all). Planning to take my 20-year-old son, who loves the Kings and works at G1C.

Hopefully it works schedule-wise, but I'm sure I could sell them if I absolutely needed to.

OK, I need my d*** Beam Team jersey now.

Last edited:
I just picked up 2 tickets for Game 3 for $188 each plus fees. Wasn't going to pay that for a single ticket, but for two? Outrageous, but my wife said go for it (early birthday gift, and it has been 17 years). Planning to take my 20-year-old son, who loves the Kings and works at G1C.

Hopefully it works schedule-wise, but I'm sure I could sell them if I absolutely needed to.

Love it!!!

I'm considering trying to get my hands on some tix to either arena. Have a bro in the Bay Area I might convince to come with.

I just picked up 2 tickets for Game 3 for $188 each plus fees. Wasn't going to pay that for a single ticket, but for two? Outrageous, but my wife said go for it (early birthday gift, and it has been 17 years). Planning to take my 20-year-old son, who loves the Kings and works at G1C.

NICE!! I need to hurry and get on it

Even at face value the tickets were absurd unless you were a STH who got a pick of the litter. You should try for the Monday general sale at noon. But expect to pay no less than $200/ticket for upper level, and $450/ticket for lower level. It’s still a better option than the scalper prices.

Unfortunately, I think some STHs are the scalpers, not the bots. And this is to no hate of any STHs reading this

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah the first round of the playoffs typically have a bigger gap between games after game 1, if i recall correctly. Two days or so
It usually comes down to how many teams are in each time zone, as well as the biggest stars on each team. Series most often end up getting staggered because of the western conference teams that play in the central time zone. Like, you basically can't have Memphis and any eastern conference series involved in a TNT doubleheader, so there may be three days between Game 1 and Game 2 of the Grizzlies series, instead of 2, in order to make sure that they get Ja Morant on TV.

[QUOTE="Bosnian Diehard, post: 1719090, member: 33487" Not to mention, Chase Center tickets are about 2x LESS expensive than G1C tickets.[/QUOTE]

Not arguing, just wondering how and why this would the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.