2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

This is from the police report: “Adult victim of physical abuse by male partner; assault by strangulation; brain concussion; closed fracture of nasal bone; contusion of rib; multiple bruises; strain of neck muscle.”

Bridges apparently choked her unconscious, among other things.

I can't imagine anyone in her position trying to have a financial strategy when there's a real chance the next time she could be killed in front of her children.
Exactly!!! Trust me when I say this, no woman is thinking of a damn financial gain by getting her self smacked, choked or whatever the physical circumstances are happening to her around infront of her/their child (children) She’s thinking of one thing ——God just let me live so I can take my child and get out alive.

I've said before that Kyrie Irving was most likely to end up either on the Lakers or Knicks (before the Brunson signing), because those are the only two franchises desperate enough to take on all of the baggage that Kyrie brings with him. That said, I'd still be sort of shocked if this was the best deal Sean Marks could get for him. And if Sean Marks has to settle for that package, I'd think he would be inclined to reject Irving's preferred destination and trade him for even less just out of spite. I mean, really? Russ/Nunn/LA first rounders that can't come due for years because of the AD trade? Talk about cutting your losses. I suppose Kyrie's got a trade kicker that makes it a bit harder to find another trading partner, but man, after all of Kyrie's bullsh*t, I would not be inclined to give him what he wants if I could help it.

Doesn’t help at all that I’m guessing Kyrie will fall more in line for LeBron and/or ego purposes and there’s another team that jumps us in the play-in line.
Yea it’s going to be tough as hell to get a play in spot this year. Honestly it may have always been a bit of a reach thinking it was possible.

There’s the Warriors, Suns (even without KD but sounds likely), Mavericks, Clippers, Lakers (sounds like Kyrie is happening soon), Grizzlies, Nuggets, Pelicans (healthy Zion), Timberwolves, and I like what the Blazers did but it’s basically us vs them for that last slot. And honestly, headed into the last week of the season if we’re battling for that spot and have had player development throughout the season I’m ok with that and considering the season a win. Our arrow will be pointing and silver lining if we don’t get in we get our 1st to use where needed. The core of this team is for better or worse our team for the next couple years. Play competitive, exciting basketball showing chemistry and an avenue for this teams success in the future and the culture around here will change even without a play in ticket.

I really hate how these big markets get bailed out. Either but stars getting bought out and sign for vet minimum or teams actually trading for these giant over paid contracts. I guess this venting post should have been in the rule change thread but it really annoys me the lakers will get out of there bonehead Westbrook trade

if you waited another month you could of possibly watched a EPL match
Sadly wasn’t an option, my mom is staying here and these were the dates chosen for me. I’m supposed to fly to Spain on Thursday and have a week long cruise booked solo and it’s all in peril. Waited 2.5 years to have any semblance of life and most likely got sick on my flight or at the first day of my trip to New Orleans. Absolutely wrecked.

not to sour the topic.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I've said before that Kyrie Irving was most likely to end up either on the Lakers or Knicks (before the Brunson signing), because those are the only two franchises desperate enough to take on all of the baggage that Kyrie brings with him. That said, I'd still be sort of shocked if this was the best deal Sean Marks could get for him. And if Sean Marks has to settle for that package, I'd think he would be inclined to reject Irving's preferred destination and trade him for even less just out of spite. I mean, really? Russ/Nunn/LA first rounders that can't come due for years because of the AD trade? Talk about cutting your losses. I suppose Kyrie's got a trade kicker that makes it a bit harder to find another trading partner, but man, after all of Kyrie's bullsh*t, I would not be inclined to give him what he wants if I could help it.
What baggage? Did I miss something

Sadly wasn’t an option, my mom is staying here and these were the dates chosen for me. I’m supposed to fly to Spain on Thursday and have a week long cruise booked solo and it’s all in peril. Waited 2.5 years to have any semblance of life and most likely got sick on my flight or at the first day of my trip to New Orleans. Absolutely wrecked.

not to sour the topic.
Get well soon. The VID just hit me in Sac pretty hard. I’m in the head cold stage now. Hopefully, after we test negative, we can live it up for a couple months.

What baggage? Did I miss something
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but there's a wide variety of reasons that nobody other than the Lakers are beating down the Nets' door to trade for Irving. Apart from his mercurial and occasionally controversial personality, it really boils down to availability. Kyrie comes with serious injury risk and serious DNP risk for "personal reasons," as well as due to his personal choices. He's extremely unreliable.

not to sour the topic.
whoa. that's unfortunate. I wish you a speedy recovery.