2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

I do believe in second chances - after prison time and therapy.
I do as well, responsibility and consequences should never be overlooked, but I believe in second chances as well. This story is terrible, and if it turns out to be true than he deserves everything coming to him and everything he’s about to lose.

Full midget? Malik Monk is undersized, but Huerter and Murray have considerable length at their positions. Unless I'm missing something, those are the Kings acquisitions thus far this offseason. I have no problem with characerizing these acquisitions as counter to a prioritizing of defense, but "full midget" is a gross exaggeration.
Maybe midget backcourt would be more accurate. Heurter doesn't have considerable length at SF. That would be an exaggeration. He's a SF/SG, so you could say he's lengthy at SG and not so lengthy at SF. Murray doesn't have considerable length as a stretch four (I'll believe he's a three after I see the summer league and some real NBA games); therefore, to say Murray has considerable length at his position is an exaggeration. With the loss of Jones they lost length at the center position. Overall, they seemed to have lost length at this point, but maybe more importantly, they've lost talent on defense.

Last edited:

What an absolute home-run Kessler would be. Perfect fit for us at the back-up 3 and a position of need. Throw the full BAE and see if it sticks.
100%. Kessler is the exactly the last piece I’d like to see the Kings bring in before I call this offseason, overall, a positive one. Kessler, Martin twins, Warren. Give me one of those and I’m content.

hypothetical question: how cheap would Bridges contract have to be to get you to consider compromising every single particle of your morals and picking him up? Lmao
lol thought the same thing. Then saw the photos and the kids testimony …then thought about it again. Kind of like tyreke hill, just can’t get behind it no matter how talented his is

Damn, Cody Martin just re-signed with the Hornets, 4 years 32 mil. A lot more than I thought either Martin brother would make. I guess the Hornets were left little option with Bridges news.

Darn. Makes sense, he's very very good and he all of a sudden became a serious priority for them with Miles Bridges career looking like it's done.
Haha we were writing at the same time. It sounds like Kessler won’t be re-signed, or attempted to be re-signed until after the KD trade, so we have a window there. And with the Heat being in the KD sweepstakes they may hold off on a Caleb Martin decision. Now is the time to swoop on one of em.

The thing about Mike Brown is that he loves playing zone (and this season, he's really started learning into the Box-and-1). In man, he'll probably use more hedges and switches than Luke did but I don't know how much man we'll actually play.
Yeah, with the Dubs Brown used a lot of playing up into ball handlers and illegal D in the paint off of it, lol.

Man, kind of glad there's no news today so I can spend my day thinking about all the different lineups we can put out on the floor.

I think the strongest, most balanced one is Fox-Huerter-Barnes-Holmes-Sabonis
Fox can use either big for a PnR setup, while the other big screens for shooters or in case of Sabonis, tries out his new 3 point shot if left open. You have two guards that can create their own shot. You have two wings that can shoot the 3 to open up the floor. You have length on the wings for perimeter D, as well as Holmes who at the 4 can defend the perimeter as well. Then you have two bigs who can rebound efficiently together.

Last edited:
Man, kind of glad there's no news today so I can spend my day thinking about all the different lineups we can put out on the floor.

Fox can use either big for a PnR setup, while the other big screens for shooters or in case of Sabonis, tries out his new 3 point shot if left open. You have two guards that can create their own shot. You have two wings that can shoot the 3 to open up the floor. You have length on the wings for perimeter D, as well as Holmes who at the 4 can defend the perimeter as well. Then you have two bigs who can rebound efficiently together.
I’ve heard quite a bit about how Holmes and Sabonis aren’t a good pairing. I don’t really know but maybe with our newly acquired shooters it won’t be such an issue.
I’d for now imagine Murray in the starting lineup and Holmes backup center unless there is more of a learning curve than advertised.

I think acquiring Monk/Huerter does put Sabonis/Holmes LU"s into play, especially if Fox can continue the shooting and we get Sabonis 33-34% next season. Between Monk-Huerter-Barnes you can have 2/3 proven elite shooters you can put on the floor with the 2 big set-up and Foxq. Monk and Huerter are creators too, so they can work actions with Sabonis or Holmes.

I do think Holmes and Sabonis can compliment each other on the defensive rather well. Holmes is one of the best in the league at blowing up the PnR and sticking with guards/wings on the perimeter, but he just gets pushed aside by the bigger C's when it comes to closing out plays. When guys like Nurk/Gobert came into town, you just knew 20/15 was going to happen.

I'm just not sure how you pair Holmes, a purely PnR roll man finisher and a passing, high USG, inconsistent spacer in Sabonis. Elite spacing at the 2/3 helps as would Fox keeping his shot going. I'm too dumb dumb to figure that out, but it's possibly worth exploring to get our 2nd best defender and top 7 overall guy on the floor more.

I’ve heard quite a bit about how Holmes and Sabonis aren’t a good pairing. I don’t really know but maybe with our newly acquired shooters it won’t be such an issue.
I’d for now imagine Murray in the starting lineup and Holmes backup center unless there is more of a learning curve than advertised.
Trading Holmes certainly shouldn’t be off the table but I think we should give everything last year a pass with what happened in his personal life, plus the on court injuries he dealt with.