2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

It's not like the Warriors, the top defensive team last year, are full of insane athletes and lockdown defenders. Hearing some people on this message board would make you think that. Two of their best defenders missed half the season, and three of their main starters are over 30, and yet they keep rolling as a top defensive team.

What the Warriors love are smart players, something Monte has a thing for as well. I would argue that most of the players we have now are smart players with good to great basketball iq. None of them appear to be lacking quickness for their positions. I think Mike Brown can make this a respectable defensive team next year.

One way to help our team defensively is to make sure the other team is taking the ball out after a made basket. We were one of the worst transition defensive teams in the league, and we just brought in a bunch of great scorers/shooters. Cutting down those transition attempts would already make us better. Then Brown just has to get us to trust, and communicate in the half court and we are already way better than last season.

It's not like the Warriors, the top defensive team last year, are full of insane athletes and lockdown defenders. Hearing some people on this message board would make you think that. Two of their best defenders missed half the season, and three of their main starters are over 30, and yet they keep rolling as a top defensive team.

What the Warriors love are smart players, something Monte has a thing for as well. I would argue that most of the players we have now are smart players with good to great basketball iq. None of them appear to be lacking quickness for their positions. I think Mike Brown can make this a respectable defensive team next year.

One way to help our team defensively is to make sure the other team is taking the ball out after a made basket. We were one of the worst transition defensive teams in the league, and we just brought in a bunch of great scorers/shooters. Cutting down those transition attempts would already make us better. Then Brown just has to get us to trust, and communicate in the half court and we are already way better than last season.
A man with reason, logic and rationale. What a breath of fresh air.

I still want Lance Stephenson. Veteran on the cheap who can facilitate, get to the hole, and play defense. Perfect win now 3rd stringer who can keep the team alive if there's an injury to Fox or Mitchell and we need a creator.

Literally everything I have read about Huerter today (other than this board) calls him an average defender with high BBIQ. I am not sure where the narrative that he is a turnstile comes from, because the people who actually watched him day in and day out say he is competent defensively, tries hard, understands team defense, doesn’t get routinely beat, and is generally not the weak link on the floor. A stopper he is not, but competent and average probably makes him one of our best 5 defenders.
Looking like Rick Astley doesn’t help

Weird thought but I wonder if his wife thought about coming out with the story AFTER he signed a huge contract. At least that way she'd get at least half and be set for life. Although, maybe there are conduct clauses in these contracts that could have made it voidable?

Either way....this guy needs to AT LEAST be suspended for a year, assuming these allegations are true. And if you've seen the pictures, it's hard to believe they aren't true. Sad.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weird thought but I wonder if his wife thought about coming out with the story AFTER he signed a huge contract. At least that way she'd get at least half and be set for life. Although, maybe there are conduct clauses in these contracts that could have made it voidable?

Either way....this guy needs to AT LEAST be suspended for a year, assuming these allegations are true. And if you've seen the pictures, it's hard to believe they aren't true. Sad.
This is from the police report: “Adult victim of physical abuse by male partner; assault by strangulation; brain concussion; closed fracture of nasal bone; contusion of rib; multiple bruises; strain of neck muscle.”

Bridges apparently choked her unconscious, among other things.

I can't imagine anyone in her position trying to have a financial strategy when there's a real chance the next time she could be killed in front of her children.

hypothetical question: how cheap would Bridges contract have to be to get you to consider compromising every single particle of your morals and picking him up? Lmao
I would really like to believe that we've moved past the Ruben Patterson era and can draw a line where unacceptable behaviors will not be endorsed by the league. Is never a situation where it's okay to lay hands on another human being and certainly not a woman.

Her Instagram post implied some planning, so I don't think the timing is a coincidence. As for everything else, I'll reserve judgment.

This is from the police report: “Adult victim of physical abuse by male partner; assault by strangulation; brain concussion; closed fracture of nasal bone; contusion of rib; multiple bruises; strain of neck muscle.”

I can't imagine anyone in her position trying to have a financial strategy when there's a real chance the next time she could be killed in front of her children.
Good lord....that's terrible.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would really like to believe that we've moved past the Ruben Patterson era and can draw a line where unacceptable behaviors will not be endorsed by the league. Is never a situation where it's okay to lay hands on another human being and certainly not a woman.
I remember when the 49ers signed Lawrence Phillips. That really bothered me since he was a serial abuser at that point. The fact that he missed the block that ended Steve Young's career just made a terrible move worse.

If anything, her coming out before Bridges signed his mega-deal really shows to me how dire the situation was. If this was "fake" or "for money", why not wait a week until Bridges inks his $80-$100 mil contract?

Did you read her post?

As for reserving judgment, there are always too sides to a story. If it's true, Bridges deserves to be banned. But if it's not? What then? I know people, who have been wrongly accused for DV.

Edit: Yhall don't even know how recent this was. It could've been two weeks ago, but she decided to press charges the day before FA. If any of you actually read her post, she's saying that people have been trying to get her to not disclose this. Hence the timing? I don't think it's a coincidence.

Last edited:
Did you read her post?

As for reserving judgment, there are always too sides to a story. If it's true, Bridges deserves to be banned. But if it's not? What then? I know people, who have been wrongly accused for DV.

Edit: Yhall don't even know how recent this was. It could've been two weeks ago, but she decided to press charges the day before FA. If any of you actually read her post, she's saying that people have been trying to get her to not disclose this. Hence the timing? I don't think it's a coincidence.
I can’t even. Who gives a crap about the timing. Unless this is an elaborate set up what exactly are you reserving here? I mean, the Hornets pulled their QO. Pretty sure they didn’t do it based on an IG post. SMDH

I can’t even. Who gives a crap about the timing. Unless this is an elaborate set up what exactly are you reserving here? I mean, the Hornets pulled their QO. Pretty sure they didn’t do it based on an IG post. SMDH
Well, the timing was a response to the previous post about whether she thought about posting after he got his contract. Not before. Context matters. I expect more from you WRT context.

What am I reserving? Well, whether this is actually true. Why is it such a crazy stance to reserve judgment until the facts are known?

Well, the timing was a response to the previous post about whether she thought about posting after he got his contract. Not before. Context matters. I expect more from you WRT context.

What am I reserving? Well, whether this is actually true. Why is it such a crazy stance to reserve judgment until the facts are known?
I don’t think that’s crazy at all, but there’s ways to get that point across that are less abrasive.