2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

if the kings make the play in and are looking up he keeps his job in my mind.
And if they don't, the damage done is going to hurt pretty bad now. haha. Now we see what Brown can do for you. The 3 best wing/G defenders on the roster are gone in favor of shooting. The way the league is going it's flipped, defense seems to be more important in season and shooting is more important in the post season when it used to be the opposite so this team is probably better set up for what we saw in the postseason at this point.

Oof, I dunno about this from Minny side. Does KAT-Gobert hold up on defense in the playoffs? And you basically traded all the role players/depth that got you back into the playoffs last year. +Kessler, +multiple FRP.

If I were going to mortage my future, I don't think it would have been for a guy in Gobert who gets less and less effective in the playoffs every year to pair him with my supermax C already on the roster.

And if they don't, the damage done is going to hurt pretty bad now. haha. Now we see what Brown can do for you. The 3 best wing/G defenders on the roster are gone in favor of shooting. The way the league is going it's flipped, defense seems to be more important in season and shooting is more important in the post season when it used to be the opposite so this team is probably better set up for what we saw in the postseason at this point.
I'm not even mad. I expected these types of desperate moves from Monte. Lolzzzzzzzzz.

Wolves might be scary. KAT + Gobert could be a great pairing
Looks good on paper. It will either really work or really not work. Good luck to them guarding pick and roll for real now. I think if you're playing two bigs these days both have to be able to pound. This lineup could get destroyed on defense by the modern teams.

Oof, I dunno about this from Minny side. Does KAT-Gobert hold up on defense in the playoffs? And you basically traded all the role players/depth that got you back into the playoffs last year. +Kessler, +multiple FRP.

If I were going to mortage my future, I don't think it would have been for a guy in Gobert who gets less and less effective in the playoffs every year to pair him with my supermax C already on the roster.
The T-wolves went full on Bill and Ted. Back to 1999! lol.

Ironically, Tim Connelly was the one that gifted Jazz Gobert, also he traded the Donavan Mitchell for Trey Lyles

just play 4 on 4 keep Gobert on defensive end and KAT on offensive side

gunks

Hall of Famer
So Utah gets worse (and might be going full rebuild like SAS) and Minny gets... maybe better?

Seems like an odd fit for the modern game. I actually think a team built like ours could beat the new look Wolves from 3.

The T-wolves went full on Bill and Ted. Back to 1999! lol.
I mean, Gobert-KAT would be unstoppable in like 2008, but man. KAT is going to have to chase wings around on the perimeter now. Not sure how much I love that, considering this is a literal all-in move. Offensively it's fine because of KAT's shooting, but they aren't exactly complimentary on that end either with taking away KAT's post game.

Also, Also, if Gobert goes for this, what the hell is KD going to draw in a trade? Jeez

I mean, Gobert-KAT would be unstoppable in like 2008, but man. KAT is going to have to chase wings around on the perimeter now. Not sure how much I love that, considering this is a literal all-in move. Offensively it's fine because of KAT's shooting, but they aren't exactly complimentary on that end either with taking away KAT's post game.

Also, Also, if Gobert goes for this, what the hell is KD going to draw in a trade? Jeez
This is like KG and the Kandi man except if KG had like half the athletic ability. Good for the Jazz getting out of that deal and actually getting value.

Minny has high end talent, but they blew it. They were on a real natural upward trajectory with really great complimentary talent around their franchise cornerstones with a bunch of cap space to use next season had they let DLO walk. Bev and Vandy were the heart and soul of that Minny defense that let them get over the top. 4 FRP and Kessler is insane draft capital.

Minny has high end talent, but they blew it. They were on a real natural upward trajectory with really great complimentary talent around their franchise cornerstones with a bunch of cap space to use next season had they let DLO walk. Bev and Vandy were the heart and soul of that Minny defense that let them get over the top. 4 FRP and Kessler is insane draft capital.
Ainge might still be the man. Kessler is an underrated pickup here. He slots right into that role for them.

The picks going to Utah, per sources: unprotected 1sts in 23, 25, 27, a swap in ‘26 and a top 5 protected in ‘29

Oh man they should just table this offer for KD
Knowing Ainge he might be doing something else here. I hope he's all in on reset because that opens things up, but he's always making some sense of what he does.

Wolves have to win it all otherwise this wasn’t even close to worth it. Gobert isn’t even that good in my opinion.
He makes like 40 million a year too. Some teams are running against the grain here for sure when it comes to modern BBall. This could very well be an Anthony Davis type thing with KAT. AD was always highly resistant when it came playing center and it's cost the Lakers at times and they always have to go back to him at center anyway because of the matchups.