2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Wow, the Celtics managed to finally trade Nesmith and a late first for someone solid.

Dude’s partially made of glass though. Hopefully isn’t injured when it matters.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
This must have been prior to the Huerter trade, right? Even then it doesn't quite add up even if he's considering both Barnes & Murray to be PFs.

2 PG - Fox/Mitchell
2 SG - Monk/Davis
1 SF - Holiday/Harkless (?)
3 PF - Barnes/Murray/Lyles/Metu (?)
3 C - Sabonis/Holmes/Len

Or was it post trade and he considers Huerter a SF

2 PG - Fox/Mitchell
2 SG - Monk/Davis
1 SF - Huerter
3 PF - Barnes/Murray/Lyles/Metu
3 C - Sabonis/Holmes/Len

This must have been prior to the Huerter trade, right? Even then it doesn't quite add up even if he's considering both Barnes & Murray to be PFs.

2 PG - Fox/Mitchell
2 SG - Monk/Davis
1 SF - Holiday/Harkless (?)
3 PF - Barnes/Murray/Lyles/Metu (?)
3 C - Sabonis/Holmes/Len

Or was it post trade and he considers Huerter a SF

2 PG - Fox/Mitchell
2 SG - Monk/Davis
1 SF - Huerter
3 PF - Barnes/Murray/Lyles/Metu
3 C - Sabonis/Holmes/Len
I think the Tweet in question considers Barnes a SF and Huerter a SG.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Monte is currently a lame duck GM. Letting him trade away more future assets doesn't seem like the best idea.
I’m not worried about his job, it’s secure in my mind. If an opportunity comes up to trade Barnes and a couple first rounders for a serious upgrade we won’t be able to pull the trigger. Still I like the trade overall

I’m not worried about his job, it’s secure in my mind. If an opportunity comes up to trade Barnes and a couple first rounders for a serious upgrade we won’t be able to pull the trigger. Still I like the trade overall
If this doesn't work and he gave up a pick and cap flexibility, it's all over for him. Done. Back to assistant level at best until the end of time. If it does work? Yeah, he fills out his own check.