2021 Workouts

Figured it would be interesting to have a thread putting together the players the Kings are working out.

Looks like we'll be taking a look at Jericho Sims, a senior C from Texas. Sims is listed at 6'10" 245, and doesn't have a jumper. Maybe looking at him in the second round, maybe as a potential camp invite.
I think he is someone they would look at for their summer league team and/or their g-league team. I see little chance he gets drafted.

6'5" Terry Taylor from Austin Peay finished working out for the Kings. Taylor was the leading scorer on his team, but he plays more like a 6'5" PF than he does a SG. Great rebounder and a very good defender. I see him as someone that might end up on our G-League team.

6'5" Terry Taylor from Austin Peay finished working out for the Kings. Taylor was the leading scorer on his team, but he plays more like a 6'5" PF than he does a SG. Great rebounder and a very good defender. I see him as someone that might end up on our G-League team.
Maybe Bruce Brown on the Nets created a position for Taylor?

Capt. Factorial

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Staff member
And here's a video for Terry Taylor:

Capt. Factorial

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Staff member
And while it's not a "proper" workout, here is a list of the 69 prospects expected to participate at the NBA Combine (Jun 21-27):

https://news.yahoo.com/nba-announces-list-prospects-participate-212815006.html

Notable players who will NOT be at the combine:
Cade Cunningham
Jalen Suggs
Moses Moody
Franz Wagner
Alperen Sengun
Josh Giddey
Usman Garuba
Joel Ayayi
Chris Duarte
Kofi Cockburn

Here's a report with a tidbit at the end that Cam Krutwig of Loyola (Chicago) has worked out for the Kings:

https://www.sny.tv/articles/charles-barkley-roots-for-knicks-against-nets

Krutwig is a bulky big man who doesn't seem to be on too may draft boards, but here's a highlight tape:

I loved that Loyola team during the tourney and especially Krutwig, He plays like a 6’8 ish version of Jokic. I don’t know if he can make that transition, because he doesn’t have Jokic’s size and lacks the foot speed to hang in the nba. Maybe he pulls a Kevin Love and loses 30 pounds? Worth a flyer for Stockton.