2018 draft fits with this team

Doncic can't guard pgs and would have trouble staying in front of most sgs. He may run the point in the NBA, but he will have to guard sfs.
I don’t think Doncic runs the point but I do think having him on the wing with Bogdan makes the Kings very dangerous if only due to their high IQ’s. If Giles also is as high IQ as rumored you will have tons of easy looks for shooters.

I don’t think Doncic runs the point but I do think having him on the wing with Bogdan makes the Kings very dangerous if only due to their high IQ’s. If Giles also is as high IQ as rumored you will have tons of easy looks for shooters.
For shooters as well as rollers to the basket imagine all the lobs for Giles and WCS or the open mid range jumpers for Skal.

oh my gosh, looking at those Jaren Jackson highlights vs Illinois...

My mind can't take any more exciting lottery game-changing prospects.

All the possibilities... how Kings can improve that night... oh me oh my draft day will be tough.

At the draft night, I will feel like a woman in this gif. o_Oo_O

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Bagley continues to impress me greatly. His performance against VA was fantastic, despite the loss. He's got everything you want from a big guy in today's NBA. His defense is probably going to take a couple of years to become effective, but he's going to make a big impact immediately in rebounding and on the offensive end of the floor.

This is our no brained pick if we fall out the top 5 all nba defender Jarren Jackson

Shooting splits 57/44/80 that’s 80% on 5 attempts while blocking 3.3 shots in 23mpg. What makes him an all world defender besides shooting blocking is he is an elite perimeter and pick and roll defender. Also players his age don’t have the defensive awareness that this kid has he has that Jokiam Noah Kevin’s garnett. Proof of this is he leads the nation in defensive plus minus star that’s absurd for a freshman. He’s basically blocking the same amount of shots as Bamba with wing like athleticism. Recently he’s been taking it to the rim too so you add that to an elite shooter and he can be a 15-10 all nba defender.
I can see in todays team concept that Jackson can be the better player in terms of leading to more wins than Ayton. I would happily trade down with Boston, giving them Ayton in exchange for Brown, Jacksom and possibly another future 1st?
Do you guys think he could be paired with and play with Willie Trill?

If so, I like the idea of two players with that size and length being able to switch on defense.

Do you guys think he could be paired with and play with Willie Trill?

If so, I like the idea of two players with that size and length being able to switch on defense.
Yes both guys can guard PF and centers Jackson’s lateral quickness is elite nf now he’s showing he has handle to get to the basket. Most importantly they could play together because Jackson is a great shooter he’s shooting 43% from 3 80% from the line

Yes both guys can guard PF and centers Jackson’s lateral quickness is elite nf now he’s showing he has handle to get to the basket. Most importantly they could play together because Jackson is a great shooter he’s shooting 43% from 3 80% from the line
I love the fact we should have plenty of good options with a high draft pick. However, if we go with another power forward we will be looking at a major logjam and a likely trade.

I love the fact we should have plenty of good options with a high draft pick. However, if we go with another power forward we will be looking at a major logjam and a likely trade.
Well WCS has s good I think if we did get a big and Giles is 90% as advertised I’d bring WCS off the bench where he’d feast.

Skal would be the odd man out but a big rotation of let’s say Bagley/Giles/WCS is promising. We really need Jackson to be a 3D guy

Let's be honest, that's probably going to happen regardless of whether or not we draft a big this season.
Yeah, I recon the same thing applies if we end up with another guard, say Trae Young. I'm curious what people think of Kevin Knox from Kentucky. He plays our most important position of need SF, probably not a high lottery pick but maybe a trade candidate to break up our logjams.

Playmaker. Think Magic.

Magic Johnson or Orlando Magic?

A Euro who compares to Magic? Magic was 10x more athletic than Doncic looks.

So few Euro’s become stars in the NBA. Everyone is counting on The Kings drafting Donci. Still a lot of season to play.

Kings only need to have a mini winning streak. Last year winning 5 of the last 10. Kings will be looking at Bridges or Bamba, instead.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

So few Euro’s become stars in the NBA. Everyone is counting on The Kings drafting Donci. Still a lot of season to play.

Kings only need to have a mini winning streak. Last year winning 5 of the last 10. Kings will be looking at Bridges or Bamba, instead.
I beg to differ. There are a number of good European players in the NBA.

Nephew....if this was written another type of way, man. It’s 2018, this kind of misguidedness is not cool, and also comically wrong. Magic was no elite athlete. He was extremely unique for his time as a 6’8”-ish PG, but not remarkable as an NBA athlete. He also played no defense and just sagged in passing lanes because he was so slow. He would use his length for the hero swipe around midcourt. If he stole it he looked like a defensive genius, and if he missed...meh, his guy still had to shoot over Kareem.

Watching Doncic tape he kind of looks like a taller version of Bogi with a little more shake and flare to his game. I think he will be a fantastic player but maybe not that home run franchise guy? I think Ayton and Bagley with their size, athleticism and skill level have higher ceilings. Another thing is we already have Fox and Bogi who are better with the ball in their hand, do we need to add a third guy who likes the ball in his hands? Feeling like Ayton, Bagley, Porter are better fits but at end of day we absolutely have to go BPA.

Watching Doncic tape he kind of looks like a taller version of Bogi with a little more shake and flare to his game. I think he will be a fantastic player but maybe not that home run franchise guy? I think Ayton and Bagley with their size, athleticism and skill level have higher ceilings. Another thing is we already have Fox and Bogi who are better with the ball in their hand, do we need to add a third guy who likes the ball in his hands? Feeling like Ayton, Bagley, Porter are better fits but at end of day we absolutely have to go BPA.
Yes man why is this still questioned

Since the Kings don't have their 2019 draft pick, I think it is essential that we get that Alpha scorer that we so badly need at the top of this year's draft.

The Kings currently don't have a player that they can pencil in as a 20+ points a game scorer and you need one or more to compete at a high level in the league.

The Kings need to find that "sure-fire" Alpha scorer with their top pick.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bibby was good with the ball in his hands. Webber was good with the ball in his hands. Christie was good with the ball in his hands, Vlade was good with the ball in his hands, and Peja was good with the ball in his hands. All five could handle, pass and shoot. The idea that it's a bad idea to have more than one or two players that are capable of creating for them selves is nonsense, unless one or more is a selfish player. How in gods name can having five or more highly skilled players ever be a bad thing? If you build a team of players that don't care who scores as long as you win, you won't have any problems.

I can’t help but feel that Kings would be better of not getting #1 pick. I am superstitious that way. Knowing Kings luck there is a real chance that the player we draft doesn’t pan out. I think pick 2 or 3 would be just about perfect.

I can’t help but feel that Kings would be better of not getting #1 pick. I am superstitious that way. Knowing Kings luck there is a real chance that the player we draft doesn’t pan out. I think pick 2 or 3 would be just about perfect.
A potential benefit of picking 2nd or 3rd in a deeper class is that it opens up the possibilities of picking different players depending on who gets picked first (and possibly second) and prevents the team from becoming enamoured on one player and ignoring the rest because they pick first.

I'd expect the front office to do lots of research regardless of their draft position, but knowing how Vivek seems to love Young, then picking 2nd or 3rd would mean them having to prepare for picking someone else if Young is off the board. If we picked first and we fall in love with Young, it could mean that's the guy we pick and everyone knows it before draft night. Now that might not be a bad thing if Young is the next Curry or post-Curry player, but in someways I'd feel more comfortable picking 2nd or 3rd in a deep class because it should force our front office into not getting tied to any one particular player.

Bibby was good with the ball in his hands. Webber was good with the ball in his hands. Christie was good with the ball in his hands, Vlade was good with the ball in his hands, and Peja was good with the ball in his hands. All five could handle, pass and shoot. The idea that it's a bad idea to have more than one or two players that are capable of creating for them selves is nonsense, unless one or more is a selfish player. How in gods name can having five or more highly skilled players ever be a bad thing? If you build a team of players that don't care who scores as long as you win, you won't have any problems.
By you're logic you must think I'm advocating to draft a tree stump. What I'm saying is are we better off drafting say Ayton who can potentially be a generational big man to complete the inside/out dynamic we could have with Fox and Bogi in the backcourt as well as someone that draws doubles in the paint and creates easy spot ups for a Buddy Hield who is an elite catch and shoot guy? Also with the potential to be an anchor on defense? I don't know, it's still early and I have to see these guys more but as of right now Ayton looks more like a true #1 cornerstone guy to me, and that's the kind of guy we need to get in this draft. At the end of the day we have to go BPA with the highest ceiling.

Last edited:
The never nervous draft did not have the talent this one does. That doesn’t guarantee our pick will be a hall of farmer either this time.
But if we get any of the top 3 or 4 we should be happy. Does it scare me that Vlade has rose colored glasses on sometimes, well yeah it does as it is starting to look like as the college season winds down the top 3 are being set.

I see as of right now that Bagley will be #1 as he seems to be the real deal. As for the #2 pick it may come down to which team picks and what their needs are.
If you need a big you take Ayton at #2, if you need a point guard one is there also and there’s The one from Europe that Iam sure Vlade likes.

Wendell Carter is growing on me the more I watch him play. I can see him shooting up the draft boards as the season gets closer to March Madness.
I think Wendell Carter is going to wind up being a fantastic jack of all trades type player in the NBA.

If I could trade back and get Carter and Miles Bridges, I might do it. If people want to build a team that somewhat reminds them of the Kings of old, that would be a good start. Fox, Bogie, Bridges, Giles/WCS and Carter. That's a lot of guys who can potentially do a lot of things on the basketball court. Only problem is there's no real home run hitter there.

I am starting to really wonder how Bamba would fit with our team. He seems to be putting it all together lately, attributing his improved play to the game slowing down and his teammates. His free throw shooting has improved greatly over the last few games.

"I'm just coming into it and being as confident [at the line] as I can be," Bamba said. "Just taking my time and completely resetting. Take a breath and the rest of it is pretty simple."-Bamba ( https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...hamed-bamba-college-game-finally-slowing-down)

His shot blocking is at an elite level, averaging 4.4 blks so far for the season. For a very small 2 game sample size, Jon Rothstein had this to say:

"Mo Bamba's last two games for Texas: 24.5 PPG, 13.5 RPG, 3.5 BPG, 3-3 from three-point range. Quietly going into beast mode. Longhorns have won three of four."

(https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/st...hamed-bamba-college-game-finally-slowing-down)

What are everyone's thoughts on Bamba if he continues improving this season the way he has of late? This pick is going to be a tough one for the front office. SO many good prospects.

I am starting to really wonder how Bamba would fit with our team. He seems to be putting it all together lately, attributing his improved play to the game slowing down and his teammates. His free throw shooting has improved greatly over the last few games.

"I'm just coming into it and being as confident [at the line] as I can be," Bamba said. "Just taking my time and completely resetting. Take a breath and the rest of it is pretty simple."-Bamba ( https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...hamed-bamba-college-game-finally-slowing-down)

His shot blocking is at an elite level, averaging 4.4 blks so far for the season. For a very small 2 game sample size, Jon Rothstein had this to say:

"Mo Bamba's last two games for Texas: 24.5 PPG, 13.5 RPG, 3.5 BPG, 3-3 from three-point range. Quietly going into beast mode. Longhorns have won three of four."

(https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/957588316244897793?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-01-28/texas-mohamed-bamba-college-game-finally-slowing-down)

What are everyone's thoughts on Bamba if he continues improving this season the way he has of late? This pick is going to be a tough one for the front office. SO many good prospects.
He's my 2nd favorite prospect in the draft behind M. Bridges as far as fit for the Kings goes. Bamba could hold down the C with WCS playing the 4 and we could have something totally unique going for us there.

He's my 2nd favorite prospect in the draft behind M. Bridges as far as fit for the Kings goes. Bamba could hold down the C with WCS playing the 4 and we could have something totally unique going for us there.
I am definitely intrigued with the possibility. I know Ayton = no brainer to most if we choose a big, and with good reason. I am just a little hesitant to add a 250lb center and expect him to keep up with Fox and company. Maybe I am overthinking that aspect of it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think Wendell Carter is going to wind up being a fantastic jack of all trades type player in the NBA.

If I could trade back and get Carter and Miles Bridges, I might do it. If people want to build a team that somewhat reminds them of the Kings of old, that would be a good start. Fox, Bogie, Bridges, Giles/WCS and Carter. That's a lot of guys who can potentially do a lot of things on the basketball court. Only problem is there's no real home run hitter there.
if the Kings were to miss out on one of Bagley, Ayton, Porter or Doncic then I'd look to move the pick and get an additional one.