Luc Richard Mbah A Moute to Sac for picks

What do you think of the front office now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Demarcous had the 2nd lowest % shot attempts at the rim by assists among all NBA centers.

Isaiah Thomas averaged 1.6 assists at the rim. Vasquez averaged 3.8 assists at the rim. Vasquez will be a huge upgrade in this department for Cousins.

Vasquez while not a great 3 point threat can certainly help spread the floor because he has a viable mid range game.
entirely different circumstances though. might help, won't disagree with that, have my reservations, however. also, midrange shooting doesn't help spacing and is a tendency that needs be discouraged in all but the elite midrange shooters.

The favour of the americans for shortcuts and nicknames is very disturbing to me. At times it is almost impossible to figure out, who is adressed at all given the refuse to use more then 4 letters to describe a human being.
I imagine someone over here would refer to Franz Beckenbauer as FB or Angela Merkel as AM. Nobody would know, whats the meaning of this.
Why do you cripple your beautiful language like that?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Demarcous had the 2nd lowest % shot attempts at the rim by assists among all NBA centers.

Isaiah Thomas averaged 1.6 assists at the rim. Vasquez averaged 3.8 assists at the rim. Vasquez will be a huge upgrade in this department for Cousins.

Vasquez while not a great 3 point threat can certainly help spread the floor because he has a viable mid range game.
Except that mid-range shooters don't actually spread the floor; a guy who's money from fifteen feet is not going to open up anything for a ground-bound, score-in-the-paint center. When your "lead" big scores from the outside, like Ryan Anderson does, that's a good thing. When they want to get the ball to go into their move only about a foot or so from where you can shoot it, not so much.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The favour of the americans for shortcuts and nicknames is very disturbing to me. At times it is almost impossible to figure out, who is adressed at all given the refuse to use more then 4 letters to describe a human being.
I imagine someone over here would refer to Franz Beckenbauer as FB or Angela Merkel as AM. Nobody would know, whats the meaning of this.
Don't look at me, hoss; I usually only ever refer to players by last name, even the ones I like.

J

jdbraver

IDK.SMH. Rofl.

KingsFanGER = KFG

You're now an honorary American. You're welcome.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
have we, though? I'll give you McLemore, but apart from that...Vasquez looked great in a system where he absolutely dominated the ball, how he'll look with it out of his hands, when we run the offense through Cuz remains to be seen. he's also a poor shooter and an absolute liability on defense, meaning he won't stretch the floor, nor help alleviate pressure on the defensive end. Landry is, at best, an awkward fit next to Cuz on offense and a terrible one on defense. Luc will help cut off penetration some, but he can't stretch the floor either, meaning, should he start (which he absolutely must, considering there's nobody on the bench he could use his one-on-one wizardry on), we'll probably end up relying on McLemore and PPat for shooting, unless we want opposing defenses to once more absolutely pack the paint against us.

basketball wise, I don't see any of the three particularly enhancing Cuz game.
I must have missed this. When did Malone say that the offense will be run through Cuz?

My thoughts on the trade:

A net positive. Right type of player, cheap, fills position of need, doesn't demand shots and knows his role. Hard worker and high character. Other thoughts - isn't a long term solution, being vastly over-rated by the masses. Doesn't undo some of the other bad moves that have been made.

Overall, a positive trade. It's encouraging, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. I don't understand how some have gone from disgusted with the front office to absolutely thrilled, because of Luc Mbah A Moute. It's solid move. I don't expect he'll satisfy people long term, and those who are claiming to have watched and followed him for a few years (the usual suspects), well, I don't really believe them. I've seen enough of him to know what we're getting - a solid defender who works hard and is a team guy, but is extremely limited. I don't think he's a starter on a good team unless you're completely stacked at other positions.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
My thoughts on the trade:

A net positive. Right type of player, cheap, fills position of need, doesn't demand shots and knows his role. Hard worker and high character. Other thoughts - isn't a long term solution, being vastly over-rated by the masses. Doesn't undo some of the other bad moves that have been made.

Overall, a positive trade. It's encouraging, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. I don't understand how some have gone from disgusted with the front office to absolutely thrilled, because of Luc Mbah A Moute. It's solid move. I don't expect he'll satisfy people long term, and those who are claiming to have watched and followed him for a few years (the usual suspects), well, I don't really believe them. I've seen enough of him to know what we're getting - a solid defender who works hard and is a team guy, but is extremely limited. I don't think he's a starter on a good team unless you're completely stacked at other positions.
Is he an upgrade over what we currently have? That's the question. Not whether he's going to take us to the NBA Championship.

Is he an upgrade over what we currently have? That's the question. Not whether he's going to take us to the NBA Championship.

Possibly. And I say possibly because I don't believe it's a certainty. In theory it's an upgrade. However I didn't say our SF has to take us to the championship, and that's a pretty irrelevant thing to say if you were insinuating that's what I think our SF should be. I'll remind those with selective memories about the excitement James Johnson generated when we traded for him, and he put up better numbers than Mbah A Moute (though obviously the latter is far better at sticking to his role).

lol wut u sayin dis how we all tok bro

:p

Possibly. And I say possibly because I don't believe it's a certainty. In theory it's an upgrade. However I didn't say our SF has to take us to the championship, and that's a pretty irrelevant thing to say if you were insinuating that's what I think our SF should be. I'll remind those with selective memories about the excitement James Johnson generated when we traded for him, and he put up better numbers than Mbah A Moute (though obviously the latter is far better at sticking to his role).
Mbah A Moute has put up more consistent numbers with consistent minutes the last 4 or 5 years. James Johnson was more of an unknown and a developmental player. He can handle the ball, block shots at a very good rate, has athleticism and also looked like he was on his way to developing a shot. His offense just came crashing down on him last year. In preseason the guy was like a bigger Tyreke Evans. As soon as the season started and things didn't go his way the first week or so, it seemed like he mentally fell apart and never got back on track. He couldn't finish under the basket and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3. I think he made two 3 pointers all year? Plus the offense would come to a screeching halt as soon as he touched the ball. We were barely scoring 90 with him in the starting lineup.

I don't know Mbah A Moute's game too well but it seems like he knows his place in the league and doesn't try to do too much with the skills he know he doesn't have. I'll trade a 2nd rounder for an established role player any day of the week. Other than Isaiah Thomas, the last 2nd round draft pick we had that gave us anything on the court was Tyus Edney back in 1995.

Mbah A Moute has put up more consistent numbers with consistent minutes the last 4 or 5 years. James Johnson was more of an unknown and a developmental player. He can handle the ball, block shots at a very good rate, has athleticism and also looked like he was on his way to developing a shot. His offense just came crashing down on him last year. In preseason the guy was like a bigger Tyreke Evans. As soon as the season started and things didn't go his way the first week or so, it seemed like he mentally fell apart and never got back on track. He couldn't finish under the basket and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3. I think he made two 3 pointers all year? Plus the offense would come to a screeching halt as soon as he touched the ball. We were barely scoring 90 with him in the starting lineup.

I don't know Mbah A Moute's game too well but it seems like he knows his place in the league and doesn't try to do too much with the skills he know he doesn't have. I'll trade a 2nd rounder for an established role player any day of the week. Other than Isaiah Thomas, the last 2nd round draft pick we had that gave us anything on the court was Tyus Edney back in 1995.
Floor spacing is going to be the major problem with him. If Mbah a Moute starts, we are almost forced to start Patterson to keep the floor spread. That could work as Mbah a Moute's rebounding is pretty good for his position and can make up for some of Patterson's lack of effort on the boards. I'm still holding out hope that we'll amnesty Salmons and clear some cap space for Granger or Gay to start.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
So you don't like the trade? Or you don't know enough about Luc to know? What exactly? What's your point?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
benefit of the doubt on my part. if the offense isn't run through Cuz, that's a problem. wouldn't enhance Cuz' game, either, helping the point I'm trying to make even more.
Whatever "running the offense through Cousins" means, it doesn't necessarily mean you take the ball out of Vasquezes's hands. Cousins can get plenty of touches via passes from Vasquez. Hopefully, he'll get a lot of easy looks near the basket from Vasquez.

Floor spacing is going to be the major problem with him. If Mbah a Moute starts, we are almost forced to start Patterson to keep the floor spread. That could work as Mbah a Moute's rebounding is pretty good for his position and can make up for some of Patterson's lack of effort on the boards. I'm still holding out hope that we'll amnesty Salmons and clear some cap space for Granger or Gay to start.
it'll similarly be real interesting how Malone is going to find minutes for Landry without going ultra-small, if both he and Luc are supposed to be big minute players. my money is on a trade for another SF, to be honest.

So you don't like the trade? Or you don't know enough about Luc to know? What exactly? What's your point?

Wow. You really would pick an argument with your toe nails.

Read my posts again. It's pretty obvious what my opinion is - I've stated it multiple times. Positive trade, only encouraging thing the FO has done so far. But not the pick-up that some have been making out. So yes, a positive trade. I know enough about Luc to know, it appears others don't, as they're getting disproportionately giddy. But hey, I'm not going to rain on their parade.

Whatever "running the offense through Cousins" means, it doesn't necessarily mean you take the ball out of Vasquezes's hands. Cousins can get plenty of touches via passes from Vasquez. Hopefully, he'll get a lot of easy looks near the basket from Vasquez.
Vasquez = more touches and going through Cuz. Wings the past few years ignored mismatches inside for their own shot way too much. Vasquez will go inside.