Luc Richard Mbah A Moute to Sac for picks

What do you think of the front office now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bucks fans sayin The Prince had knee surgery last year and wasnt the same player at all when he came back... hopefully he can regain form and health..
Looked like he gave Bron Bron a headache in the playoffs. He was up Brons backside the whole time he was on him. I was wishing the Kings had somebody that played that hard on D while watching that series. Now they do!

When you think about it, its actually very similar to the move Petrie made last year with Johnson. That too was a 2nd round pick for a decently youngish SF/PF defender type intended to take Salmons' place. I just think this one is more disciplined (after years under Skiles you'd have to be) has a better chance to not be disruptive on offense.
Well the difference between this trade and the johnson trade is I didn't care for the Johnson trade. I dunno if it was all the bad moves PDA made or rumored to make before that turned this from an "eh" trade to a good one but like it so far. I'm guessing this rules out ak47 which sucks but hopefully this isn't the end result of our free agency season. Crossing fingers for a defensive big

Faith in humanity has been restored.

Young hard-nosed defender and should not take away shots from MCL and DMC.
We need to standardize these abbreviations. I was trying to figure out why DMC needed shots for his MCL.

Luc Richard Mbah A Moute = LRMAM?
Ben McLemore = BMac?

Just tossin some suggestions out there.

Great pickup!

I've been a LR fan for a while - solid role player, defender and rebounder. Of course, you don't want him starting full-time due to his offensive limitations, but he's definitely a top-of-rotation player.

We still need a real starting SF - one who can shoot, pass, defend and penetrate (cough, Iggy/Deng, cough) - but I do like this addition.

Now...any takers for Travis Outlaw? :p

Finally a move where I can say "this makes sense!" :)

Normally, I would question whether taking on the $9 million over 2 years is a smart thing BUT with the reported rumours of going after Monta Ellis, blowing up the cap space on the Prince is a good thing. Saves us from our own stupidity! :D

A bit concerned about the knee though but hoping it's all good and not another Shareef Abdur-Rahim experiment.

Most of the people who like this trade are the ones who were accused of being irrational, emotional, fanatics for the past week. The people making those accusations have mostly left. That's why it's calmed down.
Or they read everything, and don't feel compelled to post and defend the front office from pitchforks due to the generally favorable response.

We need to standardize these abbreviations. I was trying to figure out why DMC needed shots for his MCL.

Luc Richard Mbah A Moute = LRMAM?
Ben McLemore = BMac?

Just tossin some suggestions out there.
Luc= LRMAM
Ben= BMac
Cousins= DFC
Isaiah Thomas= IT
Marcus Thornton= MT
Jason Thompson= JT
Salmons= Fish
Ray McCallum= RMac

PG grievis vasquez
SG ben mclemore
SF luc richard mbah a moute
PF jason thompson/patrick patterson
C demarcus cousins
if this is our team when the season starts, were right back at the bottom 5 teams in the league. which might not be a bad thing looking at next years draft

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Luc= LRMAM
Ben= BMac
Cousins= DFC
Isaiah Thomas= IT
Marcus Thornton= MT
Jason Thompson= JT
Salmons= Fish
Ray McCallum= RMac
RMac and BMac are too close to each other. Ben and Ray are shorter. :p

And so is Luc. No need to type MORE letters for abbreviations.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Or they read everything, and don't feel compelled to post and defend the front office from pitchforks due to the generally favorable response.
Angry words on the internet are hardly pitchforks. And the sheer quantity of them, I think, probably suggests there was something worth being angry about.

I like this move a lot on the basis that we only had to give up 2nd round picks to acquire this guy. I remember watching him during his UCLA years, and I do not remember a lot of bad things about him. For what it's worth, I can let out a little smile. I really am liking what this new FO is doing in terms of being aggressive in going after talent. I just don't quite understand the Carl Landry deal. Nor will I quite understand a potential Monta Ellis deal.

I just don't quite understand the Carl Landry deal. Nor will I quite understand a potential Monta Ellis deal.
What I see the FO doing is trying to add some depth to the team. Landry adds depth and brings a positive locker room presence. You get enough guys like Landry, Hayes, Jimmer, Mcallum, it starts to change the culture of the locker room. This has been a stated goal of the FO.

Can't help you with he Monta deal. sorry.

If you took the time to see what people have complained about, and took the time to understand the needs many identified and wanted filled instead of taking the incredibly elementary view that they're just pitchfork wielding fans, or crybabies, you'd begin to understand why Landry/Monta don't make sense but a defensive SF does.

First, you need the ability to understand the problems, then you might understand the complaints and therefor understand why Mbah fills a need while Landry/Monta don't. It's really not that complicated if you look at the blueprint of the more successful teams in the league.

Everything we've done this off-season is to enhance Boogie's game.Surround him with high IQ, high character Bball talent that can be a great influence on him on and off the floor.

Here's my question. How do you know Boogie doesn't want to play with Monta? Maybe Boogie said he'd love to play with Monta when he met with our FO? We really don't know

Here's my deal with Cousins. He's absolutely a guy who's going to get the max. Whether from us, or from someone else, the bigs market is absolutely nuts right now. So he'll get his money. What's key for me, even above improvement in his game, is to see growth in his maturity. No more excuses about being "young" or not liking "coach", or the million other excuses he's had since he's been a pro for his outbursts. It's time for him to prove he's capable (and willing) to be a franchise player in the NBA. And everything that entails.
have we, though? I'll give you McLemore, but apart from that...Vasquez looked great in a system where he absolutely dominated the ball, how he'll look with it out of his hands, when we run the offense through Cuz remains to be seen. he's also a poor shooter and an absolute liability on defense, meaning he won't stretch the floor, nor help alleviate pressure on the defensive end. Landry is, at best, an awkward fit next to Cuz on offense and a terrible one on defense. Luc will help cut off penetration some, but he can't stretch the floor either, meaning, should he start (which he absolutely must, considering there's nobody on the bench he could use his one-on-one wizardry on), we'll probably end up relying on McLemore and PPat for shooting, unless we want opposing defenses to once more absolutely pack the paint against us.

basketball wise, I don't see any of the three particularly enhancing Cuz game.

have we, though? I'll give you McLemore, but apart from that...Vasquez looked great in a system where he absolutely dominated the ball, how he'll look with it out of his hands, when we run the offense through Cuz remains to be seen. he's also a poor shooter and an absolute liability on defense, meaning he won't stretch the floor, nor help alleviate pressure on the defensive end. Landry is, at best, an awkward fit next to Cuz on offense and a terrible one on defense. Luc will help cut off penetration some, but he can't stretch the floor either, meaning, should he start (which he absolutely must, considering there's nobody on the bench he could use his one-on-one wizardry on), we'll probably end up relying on McLemore and PPat for shooting, unless we want opposing defenses to once more absolutely pack the paint against us.

basketball wise, I don't see any of the three particularly enhancing Cuz game.
Demarcous had the 2nd lowest % shot attempts at the rim by assists among all NBA centers.

Isaiah Thomas averaged 1.6 assists at the rim. Vasquez averaged 3.8 assists at the rim. Vasquez will be a huge upgrade in this department for Cousins.

Vasquez while not a great 3 point threat can certainly help spread the floor because he has a viable mid range game.