Luc Richard Mbah A Moute to Sac for picks

What do you think of the front office now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
some of this is a bit outta hand. trading for richard luc mbah a moute is one step of many that needs to occur. the kings need quality defensive roleplayers, with an emphasis in the plural. the roster is still a mess that needs considerable sorting out, and while acquiring mbah a moute for a pair of second rounders is definitely a good trade, it also does nothing to clear up the team's various positional logjams. the nerd will have "redeemed himself" when we have a clearer sense that the roster can succeed at improving in the areas where the team most needs improvement...

edit: i'll also be more satisfied when i stop hearing monta ellis' name linked to the sacramento kings. when he signs elsewhere, i'll be a happier fan, but it would still only mean that PDA failed to do something stupid, rather than attempted to do something right...
Oh, I know we're a long way away from having anything near a balanced roster; that'll take weeks and months of dealing. But it is a trade in which we gave nothing and recieved a starting caliber player who fits with the roster we hope to achieve. In my book, that's a good step in the right direction.

Don't know why people are posting rotations. This roster is far from being final. At least two or three more players are on their way out. Maybe more

Because getting a feel for your Depth chart / Rotations helps us with looking at trades that will help and what assets we can realisticly move

On my deep bench only Jimmer may have some value

Thorton and Patterson have some value, but then you need a quality player in return

Ray has not even made the roster and Nobody is taking Hayes/Outlaw (dead weight two yrs)

I.ve read your posts (or 90% of them) and I'm pleased. Watching all this unfold I thought would be interesting, has been interesting and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Kind of interesting that Napear said on radio and Tweeted that Reke is far superior to Ellis. I don't know if I would say "far" but agree Ellis is weaker defensively and more one-dimensional. Peaches also said Salmons is likely still the starter at SF for Kings (if still here) because he's far better overall than Mhah A Moute. He further said (somewhat contradictory) that he won't criticize Kings new FO as they should have fresh opportunity to put together their plan first before ripping it.

that's certainly what i would prefer, and a guy like tyreke evans provided that kind of threat (not to mention two-way ability), but i'm not sure it's "what we still need." the kings can get by with any of a variety of second options. i just don't happen to see a starter-quality second option on this roster, unless mclemore simply lights it up during his rookie season. i'm just not ready to believe that mclemore is equipped for that role as of yet...
We don't have to fill every need in 1 off-season. And many here (including the FO) were beyond skeptical that Reke could be that 2nd option type guy.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Definite step in the right direction, not guy who is likely to make a huge change, but you never know, it's a contract year and he may be healthy this season so we could be looking at career highs.

Depth chart for me is easy, except for the Bigs

PG: Vasquez, IT Deep: Roy
SG: McLemore,Thorton Deep: Jimmer
SF: Moute,Salmons Deep: Outlaw
PF: Patterson.Laundry
C: Big Cuz, JT Deep: Hayes

I guess for the Bigs, it depends whether you need the extra Height with JT to start
or whether you need the shooting of Patterson for spacing

Maybe will depend on matchups, but regardless You would need either Cuz or JT to atleast have one tall Big at all times
JT can play both C and PF which may work out ok

And of course this assumes Mclemore will progress to the starting spot sooner than later
I fully agree with this. Especially with Patterson over landy and moving JT to backup center. If we end up pulling a s&t for Ellis, then he belongs in Thorntons spot on this chart

We don't have to fill every need in 1 off-season. And many here (including the FO) were beyond skeptical that Reke could be that 2nd option type guy.
no, you don't have to fill every need in a single offseason. however, you do have to make a compelling case to demarcus cousins that this team can win in the near future, and you have exactly one offseason in order to make that case, because the deadline to extend is upcoming. failing to re-sign tyreke evans just to bring in the notoriously selfish monta ellis doesn't seem like the kind of good faith move that demarcus cousins is likely to appreciate, particularly when evans was willing to accept a lesser role alongside cousins. monta ellis, on the other hand, is out for monta ellis. he's also an absolute knucklehead, and isn't exactly the kind of player a team targets when they're hoping to move away from a culture of toxicity. now, none of this really matters if you're one of those let's-just-start-from-scratch [again] types, and won't be displeased to see demarcus cousins traded, in which case we'll simply never see eye to eye...

My brother is a UCLA alum and follows Bruins basketball faithfully and former Bruins is the NBA. He says Mbah a Moute is a great character guy and an extremely hard worker. I know those are qualities our new King's regime is also looking for in players.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
What a difference one trade makes to this site. You guys make me sea sick. :rolleyes:
Most of the people who like this trade are the ones who were accused of being irrational, emotional, fanatics for the past week. The people making those accusations have mostly left. That's why it's calmed down.

no, you don't have to fill every need in a single offseason. however, you do have to make a compelling case to demarcus cousins that this team can win in the near future, and you have exactly one offseason in order to make that case, because the deadline to extend is upcoming. failing to re-sign tyreke evans just to bring in the notoriously selfish monta ellis doesn't seem like the kind of good faith move that demarcus cousins is likely to appreciate, particularly when evans was willing to accept a lesser role alongside cousins. monta ellis, on the other hand, is out for monta ellis. he's also an absolute knucklehead, and isn't exactly the kind of player a team targets when they're hoping to move away from a culture of toxicity. now, none of this really matters if you're one of those let's-just-start-from-scratch [again] types, and won't be displeased to see demarcus cousins traded, in which case we'll simply never see eye to eye...
Everything we've done this off-season is to enhance Boogie's game.Surround him with high IQ, high character Bball talent that can be a great influence on him on and off the floor.

Here's my question. How do you know Boogie doesn't want to play with Monta? Maybe Boogie said he'd love to play with Monta when he met with our FO? We really don't know

Here's my deal with Cousins. He's absolutely a guy who's going to get the max. Whether from us, or from someone else, the bigs market is absolutely nuts right now. So he'll get his money. What's key for me, even above improvement in his game, is to see growth in his maturity. No more excuses about being "young" or not liking "coach", or the million other excuses he's had since he's been a pro for his outbursts. It's time for him to prove he's capable (and willing) to be a franchise player in the NBA. And everything that entails.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Twitter:

Luc Mbah a Moute ‏@mbahamoute 7m

Loving the "love" im already getting from #Sacramento! Very excited to enter this new chapter of my life as a @King.

Everything we've done this off-season is to enhance Boogie's game.Surround him with high IQ, high character Bball talent that can be a great influence on him on and off the floor.

Here's my question. How do you know Boogie doesn't want to play with Monta? Maybe Boogie said he'd love to play with Monta when he met with our FO? We really don't know

Here's my deal with Cousins. He's absolutely a guy who's going to get the max. Whether from us, or from someone else, the bigs market is absolutely nuts right now. So he'll get his money. What's key for me, even above improvement in his game, is to see growth in his maturity. No more excuses about being "young" or not liking "coach", or the million other excuses he's had since he's been a pro for his outbursts. It's time for him to prove he's capable (and willing) to be a franchise player in the NBA. And everything that entails.
i don't know if boogie has said that he does or doesn't want to play with monta ellis. i'm not interested in arguing about what i can't prove. i do know, however, that monta ellis is an inefficient knucklehead who doesn't "fit" the new direction of this team in the hypothetical any better than tyreke evans "fit" the new direction of this team in the hypothetical...

i don't know if boogie has said that he does or doesn't want to play with monta ellis. i'm not interested in arguing about what i can't prove. i do know, however, that monta ellis is an inefficient knucklehead who doesn't "fit" the new direction of this team in the hypothetical any better than tyreke evans "fit" the new direction of this team in the hypothetical...
For sure. Monta at Reke's price would be absolutely maddening.

I just wouldn't call it a sign of bad faith towards Boogie. When maybe Boogie really wants to play with Monta

I disagree, shooting and spacing are now more important than ever in the hyper-athletic NBA, in order for teams to run sets or PnRs they must create lanes and space to operate in, Luc is a solid guy but still is a bit of a situational player like chuck hayes and somewhat of a bog down on the offensive end as his man will almost always cheat off causing havoc for our other guys, i mean theres a reason we got him for a couple of 2nd rounders 3-5 years from now, hes a positive move, but only a starter with 3-4 knockdown shooters around him.
I'm not saying we can completely ignore shooting/scoring from the SF position, but with Tyreke here we NEEDED a shooting SF because Tyreke couldn't shoot and so teams would just collapse the lane with no worries of anyone hitting an open 3. With Vasquez and McLemore (I refuse to call him B-Mac at this point in time) or Thornton at SG, there is decent shooting there already so it isn't really required. Obviously it would help spread the floor though yes.

I'm able to breathe a sigh of relief with this signing. The only reason you get Mbah a Moute is for his defensive prowess. He's a very good defender, has a great motor and he has legitimate SF size. We damn near sign Ellis and then out of nowhere it's Mbah a Moute. It's like someone is playing a sick joke on me.

In my opinion he could lead the league in technicals and ejections next year and I would still definitely expect the FO to retain him.