Kingsfans logo/banner?

Should we keep the current KingsFans.com Logo?

• Yes, it's been up there forever and it's reconizable.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • No, but commission a professional to design a new one or keep the one we've got.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No. Request some of the sites talented members to submit possible replacements.

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
Do you like the current KingsFans.com logo and banner? It's been basically the same for several years now and I'm wondering if it's time for a change?

If I do decide to change it what would you suggest as far as finding someone to do it? I'm hesitant to just do an open call for submissions.

i just joined.. but i have been on quite a few forums... i think the logo is fine as it is, then again I haven't been here as long as some people and not sure if people want change or not,

My suggestion is definately do an open submission though

I would suggest changing the logo/banner since its been there for quite some time. And I would suggest having one of the members submit a possible replacement.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm perfectly happy with our logo as it is now, but it has been a long time. I don't think there'd be a problem with seeing what new ideas people might have. One thing I definitely like is the simplicity...

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I'm perfectly happy with our logo as it is now, but it has been a long time. I don't think there'd be a problem with seeing what new ideas people might have. One thing I definitely like is the simplicity...
Agreed. But seeing some of the work some of the "locals" have done with wallpapers, etc., makes me think it would be fun to see what they could come up with and put it to a vote, with the current banner as an option as well.

Agreed. But seeing some of the work some of the "locals" have done with wallpapers, etc., makes me think it would be fun to see what they could come up with and put it to a vote, with the current banner as an option as well.
I'll second Warhawk's proposal.

Ryan

I like turtles
Kris Kross made an amazing banner back in 04.

Yup, that's about as detailed of a post that you get from me there days...

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
So... what type of details do you need to go on? The main problem right now is that I'm not sure what size I need. I think the main Google add is going to be moving out or the header to just below the nav bar so I may need a slightly shorter but longer banner for the header and something that blends to a solid color on the right side. Maybe 60px or 80px max high and 800 or less px long (a png file is best). Something that includes a recognizable logo at the left would be good (similar to where the black oval with the KF inside is now but could be completely different). I think images of players are fine as long as there are not any visible copyrighted logos in the image (team logos, etc).

The ones we had awhile back that Ryan is referring to were great but they included logos and I couldn't get KK to remove them so they had to come down. He had several that featured different players (same logo and site name on the left and featured player on the right) and I had them in a loop (although I can't remember how I did that). I think the colors were sort of washed out in a dark purple which looked nice and wasn't over bearing.

So is this enough to go on? Should we just keep the discussion here or post something in the main forums?

So... what type of details do you need to go on? The main problem right now is that I'm not sure what size I need. I think the main Google add is going to be moving out or the header to just below the nav bar so I may need a slightly shorter but longer banner for the header and something that blends to a solid color on the right side. Maybe 60px or 80px max high and 800 or less px long (a png file is best). Something that includes a recognizable logo at the left would be good (similar to where the black oval with the KF inside is now but could be completely different). I think images of players are fine as long as there are not any visible copyrighted logos in the image (team logos, etc).

The ones we had awhile back that Ryan is referring to were great but they included logos and I couldn't get KK to remove them so they had to come down. He had several that featured different players (same logo and site name on the left and featured player on the right) and I had them in a loop (although I can't remember how I did that). I think the colors were sort of washed out in a dark purple which looked nice and wasn't over bearing.

So is this enough to go on? Should we just keep the discussion here or post something in the main forums?
Maybe a thread in the main forums. Some people who might like to try their hand, may not look here. But I'll leave it up to you. ;)

Although I'm fairly new to these forums I think it would be a cool idea to add a new KingsFans.com logo to the site. It would go along well with this new young Kings team.

Maybe a new logo that exudes attitude and toughness to match the hustle and energy that these young kids are capable of. I for one would be willing to submit a proposal myself, after all, it wouldn't hurt my resume if my design is the one choosen. As an aspiring graphic designer any experience I gain would be invaluable.

I think it's a great idea.. I love to mess around on photoshop..

One thing though.. Can Kings.com guy come here and give us a few images which can be used without the fear of mob reprisal i.e. Kings legal team. Would be nice to be able to use a player or two without getting sued.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
NEW KingsFan.com BANNER?

I'll sweeten the pot KingsFans. I was going to make a KingsFans.com banner for our group going to the Feb 20 Clippers game in LA anyway and add Sacramento Kings name/logo all on a banner 8-10 FT long.

Here's the deal. I have to get the order and design in by mon 8 Feb to guarantee getting what we want at least 5-6 days before we go. Safety in planning ahead.

If by Mon 8 Feb we have a consensus logo design in a Photoshop or = format I'll use that design for our banner and debut it on Kings and LA television at the Clippers game on Sat 20 Feb. I've already arranged for Kings game TV to give us air time sometime during the game. So now every KingsFan everywhere will get a chance to see it.

JGar to have final approval.

Then I'll find a banner caretaker who goes to Kings games and loan it to you NorCal folks until our group goes to another game at Staples Center.

So KingsFans let's do it! ! :D

Last edited:
I'd like to prepare an entry as well but I've been dealing with a family emergency these past couple weeks and from the looks of it things the entry time might be dwindling.

S

sactownfan

I wanna see more entries !!!

although nice job on the one thats shown.... but there should be at least 5-10 entries....

i wanna vote for the winner